Chapter 0: The very beginning

November 6, 1897

       The sun was setting under the great Transylvanian landscape seen from the castle. King Vladacious Dracula looked through the window; the setting sun didn’t cause him much pain. He knew that if he stood there all night he would be seeing his people rise against by attacking the castle and assassinating him. As the king of the kingdom he knew he could take down a quarter of his people without any help from Loyalist before he died.

       The old man knew that his decision was the right one. The Loyalist would understand why he was going to go through such drastic measures in order to stop the blood shed. In his 160 years of life he never once thought he would die this way. In a way he was happy to die this very night. He would soon be reunited with his dear Lucy. Night came. He heard footsteps coming. The got closer until the door to the room he was in opened. It was the young queen, Nayra Lilith. “Are you ready for this?” She asked him.

       Vlad closed his red eyes and nodded up and down. “Let me visit Lucy’s grave before we start.” He said as he gently opened his eyes again. He went over to a table and picked up the dozen of roses he had placed there. These roses weren’t like any other roses in the world. They were black and they held power no one would believe.

     The two of them walked down the stairs in the castle. They went from a lower place to a lower place until they reached the last gate at the back of the castle. Vlad opened it and walked into the graveyard. There were graves after graves of vampires and humans who were long dead. “What a beautiful night.” said Nayra as they walked.

    Vlad stopped at a grave that looked recently placed. He took two roses and placed the other ones in front of the grave. As he looked down at the grave in deep thought, his age shifted.

    His wrinkled face turned young and smooth, his long white hair turned black and his muscled young form returned. Tears dripped out of his red eyes which glowed in the dark. She loved how handsome he looked even though it wasn’t how a man his age was supposed to look. The power to change his age was actually how he met her. He took a deep breath and turned to the witch behind him. “Let’s begin” he said.

    The two of them walked back to the inside of the castle. They went through a series of stairs until they reached the very first room in the castle. It was the room first seen by the opening doors. It had a great space, with doors and stairs close to the walls. Right in the center of the floor was a huge painting of the royal crest. It was the picture of a coffin surrounded by a chain that didn’t seem to wrap tightly around it. There was a dark yet divine cross in the center of the coffin and a crown with wings on both sides of it high above the casket. He thought this would be a fitting spot.

     “Are you sure you want to do this?” asked Nayra with doubt in her voice.

    It didn’t take much for Vlad to answer. Months ago his own people turned against him. A war with no solution had erupted. He never learned how this began out of the sudden; his people had never been savages. The rebellion took many lives including the life of his beloved wife. He was now standing in the last castle left; all the other ones were destroyed. If things kept going like this then soon all the kingdoms would be like this. That is when he the decision. He was going to curse his people! In a low voice he gave a yes by saying “If they wish to act like humans, then let them be human…” He handed a rose to Nayra and yanked the flower off his. Nayra also yanked the flower off hers and looked at him.

    It’s hard to believe that the kingdom has fallen so low. Vlad I promise you that me, my daughters, and the daughters of my daughters will watch over your people. She thought as she put the flower in her mouth and began to chew it. She swallowed it and the power began to flow immensely through her body. Vlad began to feel the same thing right after he did the same thing. Her finger nails went from a silver color to a scarlet red as the power began to circulate more intensely. Her body began to feel shaky; the magic was like fire that wanted her to move badly. She controlled the shaky sensation.