But I needed to go. They were safe here in this town and I didn't want that to change just because of I wouldn't agree with an Alpha.

The most painful part of this whole situation was saying goodbye to them.  My mother was in a state of shock, tears streaming down her face as she watched me pack my bags after the sheriff dropped me back home. 

I tried to put on a brave face and wrapped my mom in a hug afterwards. 

"Be strong." She whispered, cupping my face in her hands after we began to pull apart.  She wiped a stray tear that had fallen down my cheek. "Don't let him break you down.  Don't let none of them."

I nodded gritting my teeth. Easier said than done. But I was determined not to let that happen.

Alyssa and George had watched my exchange with mom silently. George stepped forward as I slid on my bag, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Where are you going?" He asked, cocking his head to the side. I cleared my throat squatting down to his height.

"I'm going to be away for a little while." I told him, twiddling with his hair. "I'll do everything in my power to visit you and Alyssa again."

"I don't want you to go." Alyssa whimpered, chewing on her lip.

"I have to." I told her simply. I straightened back up and pulled them into a hug.

"Be good to your mommy." I said. They nodded slowly and after one last glance at my mother, I pushed past them and went through the door. I couldn't stay inside the house another second. If I did, I would break down.

I went out into the sheriff's jeep. In the backset of the car was the same werewolf who they had tried to interrogate. He was no longer tied and instead he was watching me, eyeing me critically, his mouth turned down into a frown.

"The Alpha is waiting at the border of this town." The werewolf turned to the sheriff after analysing me. "He's getting impatient. Drive faster."

The sheriff did as he was told, hands clenching the steering wheel as he pressed down on the gas. Each sharp turn he made me want to throw up as we drove further and further away from the house.

I could see a pair of headlights as we began to reach the border of town. As we came closer I realized it was a grey SUV.

And standing by the front of it was The Alpha. Broad shoulders filled out the jacket he was wearing and he seemed to be towering over the SUV.

Even though the car's window that I was in was tinted, I could feel his eyes on me, watching me inhale sharply as the jeep jerked to a stop.

The Alpha wasted no time going to the jeep. He strode to the door and yanked it open. Grabbing my arm he hauled me out, looking over my head at the sheriff as he did so, his jaw clenched. The sheriff's hand shifted from the steering wheel slowly unto his gun strapped around his waist. A low growl rumbled from The Alpha.

No words were exchanged as The Alpha stared him down. The werewolf who had been in the backseat had to break the thick tension.

"Alpha." He bowed his head slightly at him. "We should be leaving. A storm is approaching."

The Alpha's warm grip on my forearm tightened as he turned and walked to the SUV.

"Malcolm. You are to drive." His tone insinuated that there would be no argument. Malcolm, the werewolf nodded and got into the driver's seat obediently.

Those cold silver eyes went down to me and then to the SUV. Following his stiff gesture I got into it, my muddy sneakers staining the vehicle's carpet.

His gaze scorched the side of my face and I could tell he was waiting for me to snap and break the silence. I pressed my lips together and continued staring out the window.

"You were a fool to run from me." The Alpha finally spoke, or rather, growled. "It won't be happening again."

I bit my tongue to stop from yelling. I kept my eyes trained out the window.

"I don't tolerate disrespect, Rebecca. When I talk to you I want you to look at me." He was by my ear now, speaking softly but firmly.

The bitter and irony taste of my blood filled my mouth. But still I kept biting my tongue. I turned slowly and faced him.

"I was listening." My harsh spoken words made The Alpha narrow his eyes. He slid closer to me, watching my every move. His breath fanned my face and my eyes fluttered at his abrupt movement. My heart was beating at a staccato pace. He was close to me. Too close.

I shoved him backwards and he allowed himself to move. He snarled at me, eyes blazing as he bucked forward again. I shot backwards.

My head banged against the window shield, pain momentarily blinding me. My hand reached back to touch the area which had been hit.

"Don't." The Alpha grabbed my coat and moved me forward to inspect my head. His fingers gingerly touched my hair, my scalp. I winced and stared as he withdrew his hands.

The SUV had screeched to a halt at the sound of my head colliding against the window, but The Alpha barked at the werewolf to keep driving. Malcolm hesitated but carried on.

"There is no bruise." The Alpha commented. I made a small noise from the back of my throat and shifted away from him.

Although he didn't look pleased, he said nothing. No one spoke the entire time we drove. When we arrived back at my original home town, I watched as people's gazes fell on me and then The Alpha.

I didn't miss the judging looks my fellow humans gave me, some even shaking their heads. They thought I was on the werewolves' side, I realized. I wanted to assure them I wasn't but I knew The Alpha would be furious.

So instead of facing any more of them, I sunk back into my seat, keeping my face away from the window, my chest tight.

***********************

Pleas Vote And Comment! (: