Chapter 8

What is unknown to the Rebellion, is that Bismuth was right. That Lapis' loyalty was questionable. It has been a few days since she sent that message to Blue Diamond. Lapis knew she had to stay on her toes if she wanted to get out unnoticed by this rebellion...

Lapis was pacing around the peridots' workshop. They were talking among themselves, only to talk to her if they wanted her opinion.
'I need a plan,'Lapis thought,'These...Crystal Gems...they are care more about a stupid planet than their own kind. I need to get out of here unnoticed, but how? Let's see...there will be a battalion or two coming in a few days. Maybe I can sneak out during all the chaos...Wait, Garnet has Sapphire's ability to see into the future, there is a chance they will be prepared for it. '

I let out a frustrated groan. The peridots must have noticed it because of what they said to me.

"Are you alright, Lazuli,"asked 3X5.

"Maybe, she's nervous about what we said,XL7,"5D9P pointed out.

"Highly illogical, 5D9P,"said XL7.

4L8Q pointed out,"Maybe she is still nervous about the bismuth."

All of what they said is true. Even though I am the best candidate for espionage, they ruled me out so quickly. And Bismuth is on to me, but, hopefully, doesn't have enough proof. The peridots seem nice. I hope to meet them again one day. I noticed what looked like a communicator for the diamonds. Why would they have on? But then again it could just be a mineral sample, they rebelled...right?

"Um...3X5...what did you guys do...before you joined the rebellion?" I asked.

"We were technicians for Homeworld,"3X5 said.

"I mean, how did you join in the first place," I forgot you sometimes had to be literal with peridots.

"Oh,"they said in unison.

"We were assigned to the Kindergarten Prime,"4L8Q

"Mostly reports on the new gems that formed,"said 5D9P

"XL7 and I were to report any flawed gems,"said 3X5.

"And then made sure to dispose of any that didn't meet the set standard,"finished XL7.

'Harsh,"I thought.

"Then the rebellion happened. We received word from the other peridot at the Communication Hub, but they were already in the process of evacuation."
"Homeworld tried to recall us, but most of the communication modules were destroyed."
"We were in the Beta Kindergarten when it started. Trying to make sure the injectors were placed properly."
" We only manage to produce one flawless jasper before she showed.But then the leader showed us this world."
"We came around...and helped in any way we could."
"But it did struck us as odd, that a quartz soldier was able to take on a diamond."

"Though the odds were in Pink Diamond's favor, 3X5."
"And the leader's abilities does not seem to be that of a quartz at all, 4L8Q."
"5D9P is correct.Not mention her gem does not even look like a common quartz of that type."

"We shall investigate it, when we are complete."

Okay so the leader is most likely Pink Diamond, so she faked her death...to turn against the elite. That makes no sense whatsoever. I sat down on a bench to take in what I was told. There is more to this than what is actually seen. If Pink Diamond really is a traitor...then who was shattered? There was a witness there. She saw what happened...right? The moment I get back home, I will find the source.

----------------------------------------------------------

Lapis walked with two of the peridots, XL7 and 5D9P. They needed some materials and Bismuth had something that was close to it. We manage to find her on her way to her workshop.
"You need what,"She asked.

"Bauxite,"said XL7.
"It is commonly found near volcanoes,"said 5D9P.

"I know that,"Bismuth said,"Why though?"

"We need it to repair some of our equipment."
"Okay, my next question is why is Lazuli with you?"
"We know you don't really trust the lapis, but she is here to make sure we don't get separated...again."

"Okay...I'll see what I can find."Bismuth said and warped off.

XL7 said,"It's okay, the bismuth did not trust us when we first met," 5D9P said to me.
"She will come around in due time,"XL7 replies.

Am...Am I bonding....with these guys....I have at least one day left before the battalion arrive, maybe I can convince them to go back to Homeworld by then.