Chapter 9

I am sitting listening to some gems tell their stories of how they joined the rebellion. These gems..are traitors. One joined to avoid being shattered for being imperfect. Another joined to avenge her friend that was shattered for fraternizing with an aristocratic gem. These gems do not know their place.
I went back to the workshop. I was done.Just about everything was moved again. I had less than a day to get out. Bismuth was there holding up some equipment for the peridots. I guess she's okay, but she needs to go.
"XL7, where is the welder,"asked 5D9P.

"I believe it is with the cannons, 5D9P."

Even with each other, they are formal. 4L8Q and 3X5 both were trying to glue something. I glanced at it.

'What odd colored rocks..'I thought.

"They will not stay together.Should we try melting it,"asked 3X5

"No, it will damage it. Maybe we can take it to Rose." said 4L8Q.

'What exactly are they doing?'

I walked over to them to get a closer look. They put whatever they were working on away. They both seemed frustrated. I guess they were trying to fix a gem...or at least see if all the pieces were there. It's sort of sad.

"Chrysoberyl,"Bismuth said.

"I'm sorry,"I replied.
"Chrysoberyl...She was attacked. She was a scout. There is at least two battalions heading this way. She sacrificed herself so we could be prepared for it. It's coming for us. You and the peridots are the last ones to be moved."

I was running out of time. I need to get out of here, and soon.
"Bismuth, the welding is complete. It is ready."XL7 said.

It was a pink cannon.
"Alright. You guys go ahead and leave. I don't need anything happening to you guys." Bismuth said pushing them to the entrance. I was pushed toward the warp pad. I was going as fast as I could.
'Okay get the peridots to the warp pad, and then I leave for good.' I thought.' Let's see...3X5..5D9P, 4L8Q....Where's XL7?'
I look to see if I could find her. But with everything happening, I could not find her. I use my wings to fly up to get a better view. I see her, but I also see the battalions. I swooped down and grabbed her, before she was hit by a falling axe. I flew her to the Warp pad and sat her down with the others.

"You aren't coming with us,"asked XL7.
"No...I think I can help here,"I lied. I hated lying to the peridots, but it was the only was.

"Please be safe,"said 5D9P.

At that they activated the Warp Pad, and went somewhere. Okay. I maneuvered through the the camp to get to a spot to take off.
"What are you doing here,"Pearl said.

"I can help."I said.
" Who is watching the peridots?"
"I don't know."
Pearl groaned and said,"Fine. But do be careful."

I was almost in the clear. I just had to make sure I can stay out of the chaos. I flew up and noticed a third battalion.
"THERE'S A THIRD BATTALION!" I shouted. I meant to keep that to myself, but I was shocked, because I was told there was only supposed to be two. I landed in shock. There is nothing but chaos. Explosions. Shouting. It was all too much.

'This is not what I was told. This wasn't the plan.I...I need to get out of here.'I thought.

I see a shadow stand over me and hear the word,"Traitor."
I recognized it as Bismuth. I tried to get away, but...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where am I.....WHERE AM I? How long has it been . Hours?Days? Months? Years? I call out...Can no one hear? Anyone? I'm...I'm alone. I see someone. Where is my form? Was it destroyed? Why can't I reform?

"What do you know?"The gem asked.

I see a face...faces..who are these gems? Are...are those the peridots.

"Hand it here,"a voice said.

My diamond!

"Tell me, what do you know?" she said.

I showed her everything. The rebellion leader. The fusion. Everything. I left out the peridots projects. They probably told what they were doing.

"My diamond. You are needed on Homeworld"

The court was nothing but objections.

"Silence,"Blue Diamond said,"I shall have you all moved to the Galaxy Warp when the time comes. Citrine..I want you to get as much information out of Lapis Lazuli facet 6 and report anything that is useful. Afterwards, remove her from the mirror."

I'm in a mirror...Okay they will take me out.
Blue Diamond called for her Pearl and they left.Not even a day passed. And the court was in panic. The orders to evacuate came soon than expected. I can see people running. I was dropped.I feel a heat radiating from my gem.

Was I cracked? Is that...music....What is happening?