The Breakfast Club ( 13 )

ALEXANDRIA'S POV :

I woke up, not due to the stupid alarm clock, but the golden sun rays travelling towards me. Birds were chirping outside and the sun had come out well enough to get a tan. This made me smile, which also happened to be the first thing I did in the morning.

Not.

I was unable to sleep the whole night. That creepy warning and that man seemed to haunt me the entire night. I am usually not the one to be scared of someone breaking into my room. But somehow, this man had scared the shit outta me.

I shut the alarm as soon as it started ringing. My head was already hurting from the night mares but lack of sleep just had to be added in the list of why I cannot sleep.

I decided that it was best to think that the guy was psycho and forget it. But I guess my brain doesn't listen to me always.

I got up and brushed my teeth. I put the electronic brush for to charge and had a shower, after completing my daily chores.

The moment I came out, I was surprised to find myself looking at the person reflected in the mirror. I had dark circles, which I doubt anyone would not notice. My skin was comparatively pale and there was no need of a genius to tell that I had a bad night.

I went down, not after tying my hair into a loose ponytail, only to reach the refrigerator and find a note addressed to me.

Hey darling,

Good morning. Had to leave early. EMERGENCY. Eat some leftovers or something. Meet you tomorrow. Sorry.

mom

Wow! Atleast the god was in my favour today. No one at home would wonder about my lack of sleep or condition.

I quickly made scrambled eggs and just when I started eating, I heard a horn. Did Cindy come already. I have got to talk to her about her biological parents, though I doubt she would tell me now.

I stuffed all of it in my mouth and yelled a muffled 'coming'. Wearing my shoes, I picked up my bag lying on the recliner and jogged out.

There she was, seated in her car with her shades on. Maybe to cover her blood shot eyes. Either ways, I sat in and she started driving, without turning the music on. Something was definitely wrong.

I kept waiting for her to break the awkward silence but she never did. Soon realising this, I asked her, "Hey, do you wanna, like, tell me what happened yesterday?"

"No bro, some other day. Did your brother go?" she asked, changing the topic. I so knew this would happen. I should have chased her right then.

'What's the use of thinking the possibilities now?'

Oh Mindy, you're back...

We then talked about some other random things and by the end of it, we were discussing about Blake's party, all sadness and awkwardness long forgotten.

"Hey, by the way, you're gonna come to his party, aren't you?" I asked her, though I knew she wouldn't ever miss a party. I wanted her to be with me. She was a good company. Atleast in the beginning...

"Of course. How wouldn't I. Are you coming?" she replied. "Duh..." So yeah, tomorrow me and Cindy would be attending Blake Anderson's party.

We reached school not much later. The classes were boring as usual, except for the lunch, where Blake announced to the whole cafeteria that he has a party tomorrow. Everyone just had to go insane over it. He became popular quite soon. Why didn't it surprise me? No clue.

I reached home, to an empty house. Life can surely be boring as hell. Instead of sitting home and going nuts, I decided why not go to Blake? He anyways lives alone in the entire house. Where does he get the money from?

Not my concern, I better go and call him over.

I went out and knocked the door. When he opened it, he looked amused as to why I was there. I have never once been to his house, except for the once when I yelled at him because of his parties.

"Um... Hey! Are you free?" I asked.

"Completely. Why? Need some sexual favours?" Ah... Well Blake is back.

" I can find better people for that. After all, I bet any stray dog is better than you. Anyways, wanna hang out. I am kinda alone. " he raised one of his eye brow.

"I mean, no-one is home. Mom's coming tomorrow. So yeah... Wanna come?" I continued.

He smirked and then said "Why not. My pleasure. Just gimme a minute. I'll be right back. Why don't you go and make me a coffee, and I'll be there? Yeah?"

"Oh-okay" I turned and came home. Not 10 minutes later, we were both sitting in my room, a mug of coffee in our hands each, fighting for which movie we must watch.

He wanted to watch The Breakfast Club while I was up for Her Mysterious Ways. After a debate for about 5 minutes, he said "I came up here, all for you, so that this lady in distress is not scared of being alone, and all I get is treatment like I have no value." Aw... His face was so cute when he said that, I had a sudden urge to hug him and I almost did, but then I realised that it wouldn't be such a good idea considering we were alone in a house.

Oh my god! Since when did I start thinking that I shouldn't hug guys? 'Think straight Ally.' I mentally scolded myself.

"Okay, I give up." he grinned at my defeat and we started watching The Breakfast Club on Netflix, laying on my bed. Soon my eye lids became heavy. The last thing I remember was that it was 11:50.

I soon went into deep sleep.

A/N: So finally a chapter after my exams. Sorry for being late. My studies and other activities just kept me occupied. Anyways, tell me what yoy feel about this chapter. Do you guys think I need to write a chapter in Cindy's point of view where I can mention what's up in her life? Please let me know.
Until then, keep reading and don't forget to vote. Your votes encourage me to write.

HAPPY READING