Chapter 23: Creating Rainbow

Ashton POV

Trisha was looking through all the documents and there was nothing I can do about it. She even saw my marriage certificate and the divorce paper that Trey prepared three years ago.

"Kuya what is the meaning of this? Oh my! Mother, Alexandra Solidad Faulkerson-Pfizer! Pfizer! Si Alexandra? Pfizer?!" She said disbelievingly. Nahahapong tumingala ako sa langit dahil sa biglaang pangyayari. Ano ba ang dapat kong isasagot sa kanya?

"Kuya Ashton!" Sigaw nya sa akin. I closed my eyes hoping she'll leave me alone but she never did. "Kuya? Tell me this is real? That this is really a marriage certificate and that. That you're. You're married?! To her?!! How is that even possible?!" Ano bang isasagot ko sa kanya? Kasalanan na bang maging asawa nya?

"Talk!" She shouted kasabay nang pag bagsak nya sa divorce papers.

"I don't know where to start precious. What you see are real." I said.

"And the divorce papers?"

"It wasn't filed, initial pa lang. So legally I am still very much married to her."

"Kailan pa?"

"Sometime ago. Nearly forgotten memories."

"Kuya! Ano ba! How could you say that?" About what brat? "Oh my! Xander!" She added like it was so impossible for me to sire a child.

"Ano nanaman ang connection non sa anak ko?" Ipinagtataka kong tanong sa kanya.

"Manahimik ka nga. Kaya pala! His nose! His face! Oh my! Xander and si Alex kuya? She's my sister-in-law now?" Bakit ang bilis mag one plus one ng mga babae pag dating sa mga pang yayari? Bakit hindi na lang sila sa math maging mautak? Ang tatalino. Ang tataba ng mga utak. "I can't believe it, si Alex?" Before she could come up with another scenario, I cut her off immediately.

"Brat ahm a... about that, I can't tell you yet. Please understand me."

"Why? Kuya bakit itinago nyo ito?" She asked me accusingly. "If you think hahadlang ako, kuya hindi! I love to have her as my sister! Kuya ala-." She continues to blurt out but I cut her off.

"Yon na nga. Hindi pwede."

"Papaanong hindi pwede? How about Tita Julie and Tito Zandré?" Namamangha nya pang sinabi. "His their grandchild and to think Alex is an only chil-."

"Because it was just a stupid dare!" I shouted back at her. "She doesn't want me precious. Ang tanga ko diba? But it was given to me! A chance to have her. Para syang masarap na pagkain na inihain sa mesa ko and so I grabbed it." Tumayo ako dahil habang nakatayo si Trisha at nakatingin sa akin, ang liit liit ng tingin ko sa sarili ko. "I know I shouldn't have done it. Lasing sya while I was high in spirit about her but I was definitely sober enough to know what was going on." I continue talking pero ang totoo, mas ang sarili ko ang kinakausap ko at hindi ang kapatid ko. "You know Alex, she doesn't want to be challenge dahil kahit kailan, she would never back out and so I took that chance." I walk towards the bar and serve myself a glass of whiskey.

"She was so beautiful that night, she laughed uncaringly. Did you know that she even danced with me that night? And mind you, it was just any ordinary dance. Crazy huh?!" Tanong ko sa kanya not really wanting to hear any answer. "We laughed, danced, we ate. We have fun at kahit alam nya na ako ang kasama nya, she didn't stop me. That night, I wasn't a panda in her eyes. I was me. Si Ashton. A new guy that she think she randomly met somewhere inside that club." I took a breath deeply. Why does it still hurt like it just happened yesterday?