Chapter 32: The Chase

Ashton POV

"Damn it Dowell do not answer my question with questions! Where the hell are you now?"

"I am not scared of you Pfizer, itinalaga mo akong bodyguard ng asawa at mga anak mo so I will protect them even if it means protecting them from you!"

"What the hell are you talking about?!"

"You exactly know what I mean. May trabaho pa ako boss, good day." Then he canceled the call. Damn it! Did he just hang up on me?! Bakit ba lahat na lang nang mga employees ko mas maaangas pa kesa sa akin?

Fuck! It happened again. Ashton until when? Hanggang kailan ba ako aasa sa kaonting pag mamahal nya? Until when should I go on loving her? Putcha naman! Hindi ba pweding ako naman ngayon? Hindi ba pweding ako naman ang sumaya?

"Tanga mo kasi Ash eh. Dapat kasi bumalik ka na lang kaagad." Sabi ko sa sarili ko pero ano bang magagawa ko? Nang malaman ko buhat kay Trey ang mga ginawa nina lolo Ernie and lolo Epe I can't seems to let them down. I owed my grandfather my life tapos kung kailan may lead na kami kung nasaan si Cedrick, saka naman ako aalis? Nahahapong na paupo na lang ako sa lupang kinatatayuan ko ngayon.

"Hey man, what's wrong?" Tanong sa akin ni Trey. "You look so worn out sitting out here." He continued and sat beside me. I sighed, ang lawak ng dagat. Parang walang kataposan.

"Trey did I made a wrong decision when I choose to stay rather than chase my wife again?"

"Years ago when I found out about you and Lexi, I was surprised." I could sense that his smiling at the thought. Bakit nga ba hindi? I mean, me and Alex?! Married?! "It was a shocking news but a pleasant one. Finally! We're family already. And then she left. She left without a word. You're my brother from another mother Ash and Lexi, she's my little brat. She's the family's brat and I don't know if I should hate her for what she have done to you man. But Lexi is Lexi. She has her own ways. Now, here you are, asking the same question you have asked yourself many times. Ash, aren't you tired yet? Dahil kahit pinsan ko si Lexi, I'm tired of her games."

"Should I give up on us?"

"Is there a reason for you to go on?" Didn't I just ask that question?

"Hindi ko alam kung saan ako mag sisimula. Mahal ko sya, mahal na mahal and chasing her is the only thing I know. Mali ba yon?"

"I do not question you're love for her. I have witnessed it all but are you happy?"

"Sabi nila, nakaka takot ang umibig, dahil doon, magkakaroon ka ng kulungan. Because of love, you'll never be the same person, with love, your happiness is her happiness yet your sorrows are your own. With love, your decisions changes, it's like, your not you..." Funny how can love changes a person? "Four letters word Trey, yet, I will give up everything I have just for her to love me too. I would even forget who I am just to be in her arms again. Am I happy? If happiness means crying just to see her laugh, if happiness means dying just to see her live and if breaking again and again just to see her whole, I guess I am."

"Saang pelikula mo yan kinopya? Ang corny tol." Natatawa nya pang sinabi sa akin. Babae lang ba ang pweding mag emote?

"Gago! Laugh at me Faulkerson but one day, you'll have your fair share of shit. One day, your match would come knocking you down like a storm. And when all the things that you matters to you doesn't mattered anymore, come and see me. My ears will be there to listen with my laughters while I'll see you down and crying."