Chapter 14: Her Invisible Husband

Ashton POV

My life had never been the same since she joined NASCAR. It was her dream, it was her life and sad to say that in her world I was just some insignificant character. A passing interlude that doesn't weigh much. Mula sa malayo, malaya ko syang napagmamasdan. Masaya ako sa ano mang nangyayari sa kanya. Being a member of an elite group such as NASACAR team USA isn't just something but more and Alex wasn't just any driver, she's the team's new gem. The rookie, their raising star.

"Hey panda, ok ka lang ba dito?" Tawag pansin nya nang minsan akong sumama sa kanya.

"Oo naman. Ikaw?" There was no point of asking her because Alex was glowing. The excitement in her eyes were like diamonds in the sky. It twinkles and whoever sees it would say, she's the happiest person in the world.

"I'm great!" Sagot nito. She was looking at the race circuit, a picture of excitement was so evident in her face as if she's trying to imagine herself racing in that track. "Grabe ang saya ko Ash. Sa loob ng ring na yan feeling ko para akong hangin! Para akong lumilipad." Masayang pagbabahagi nya. Hindi nya ba alam na talaga namang para syang hangin.

"I'm happy for you Sandy but please lagi kang mag iingat." Paalala ko sa kanya lagi.

"Oo naman po! Someday Ash, I'll reign this circuit as if it is my kingdom. You'll see my name there and there and everywhere Ash. At yang Francesca Savatorri na yan, she'll eat my dust!" She narrated to me as if she's in a dreamland. Her dreamland, and I, her invisible husband isn't part of it.

"Kaya ko namang ibigay sayo ang kahariang sinasabi mo. Kaya ko-."

"That not the kingdom I'm talking about Ash. Don't spoil my mood, please." Sasagot pa sana ako nang biglang simingit nanaman ang epal na Dawson.

"Hey sweetheart do you want another round?" 

"She has a name you know and it's not sweetheart Dawson." Hindi ko mapigilang hindi mag komento.

"Yeah? Like what do I care about what you think?" Oh how I hate your face moron!

"It's ok Ash. Sure! Let's go!" She said it with a reprimanding tone and look before she left me. Fuck!

This is what you get Ash from loving a woman like Alexandra Faulkerson. Wake up Ash! Hindi na uso ang martyr ngayon. Si Rizal nga namatay ng dahil don tapos ano lang ba ang nakamit nya? Piso!

"At least may piso." I reason out. Potcha! Gusto kong tadyakan ang sarili ko. Inhale exhale. Inhale exhale. Ganyan nga Ash. You'll survive. You always does. I look at the race track one last time. There she was, smiling like she won the first place.

"Hey man, it's my birthday. So please indulge me and I won't accept no. Come to my home. Beer's on me." Tawag pansin sa akin ni Tyler. I look at him and gave him a nod. Paalis na sana ako ng maka salubong ko sya sa office ni Maurice.

"Thanks for the invitation Tyler but I'm afraid I can't go."

"Nonsense! I just said I won't take no. So come on, Alex is already at the parking lot waiting for you." That change my mind. Knowing that Dawson will be there to take advantage again, I hurriedly run towards the parking but I was already too late.

"Mabuti naman at andito kana. Here." Abot nya sa susi ng kotche.

"Alex ako ang kasama mo!"