Bad Omen

-Beth's POV-

I was shaking.

"No--" I whispered in denial. "No you're lying!"

"It's sad isn't it?" He responded, still not letting go. "It's sad when you've been lied to for so long that you can't recognize the truth."

I shoved him off of me as soon as the words left his lips.

"No." I stated again, burying my hands in my hair. "That's not possible. Gerard wouldn't... Nathan wouldn't---" I trailed off.

"ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?" Frank laughed. "There's nothing-- NOTHING Gerard Way wouldn't do!"

I shook my head. "Stop."

"AND THAT INCLUDES FUCKING GIRLS WHENEVER HE FEELS LIKE IT!"

I stood still.

"WHAT?" he laughed again. "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOURE FUCKING SPECIAL TO HIM? YOU THINK YOU MATTER?"

"He..." I said in a light voice. "He told me he loved me..."

"YEAH IM SURE HE DID PRINCESS. I BET YOU BELIEVED HIM AS WELL DIDNT YOU?"

"Why wouldn't I?" I said coldly.

"HAVE YOU LOOKED IN A GODDAMN MIRROR LATELY?"

I immediately looked down in shame. "No, you don't understand..."

"YEAH ID LIKE YOU TO TELL ME EXACTLY HOW MANY OF THOSE BRUISES WERE CAUSED MY GERARD?"

"Stop... It's not like that..." I began to shake my head. "STOP IT!"

"HE HITS YOU DOESNT HE? HE HITS YOU AND THEN HE TELLS YOU HE LOVES YOU, RIGHT?" 

"SHUT UP! SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I screamed.

"HE HAS YOU RIGHT WHERE HE FUCKING WANTS YOU! WELL LEMME TELL YOU SOMETHING, HE'LL LOVE YOU AND THEN HE'LL LEAVE YOU! YOU'RE NOTHING MORE THAN A CHALLENGE TO HIM! AS SOON AS HE FUCKS YOU, HE'LL LEAVE YOU IN THE FUCKING DIRT BECAUSE THATS JUST WHO HE IS!" He glared at me.

I could feel tears in my eyes now, and I tried to hold them but I couldn't. "Stop..." I said in a defeated voice, "please".

"AND ITS NOT JUST GERARD! ITS ALL OF US! NATHAN. BRENDON. ME. WE ARE ALL STUCK IN THIS FUCKING MESS BECAUSE OF HIM! SO THERES THE FUCKING TRUTH!" He roared. "AND YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY WE TRIED TO HARD TO KEEP IT FROM YOU HM?"

Yet again, all I could do was there. I couldn't form any words. I felt empty.

"ITS BECAUSE YOUR 'FRIEND' ERIC THREATENED TO KILL YOU IF ANY OF US TOLD YOU! THATS WHY NATHAN NEVER ANSWERED YOU! HE WAS PROTECTING YOUR DUMB ASS! HE WAS TRYING TO SAVE YOU!"

Tears rolled down my cheeks.

"And now look what you've done." He finally lowered his voice. "So congratulations sweetheart, you're one of us now."

Silence.

We stared at eachother.

Just stared.

For seconds.

Minutes.

I don't know.