Are You there God? Its Me, Gerard Way.

*He's just...he's just...HES SO FUCKING PRETTY!! WHY IS A 39 YEAR OLD MAN PRETTIER THAN ME??!!*

Beth's POV:

"I don't understand..." I looked in his eyes as I spoke, trying to conceal the fact that I was shaking. He was the only one that could do this to me. "Gerard I don't..."

"I'd never..." He sounded choked up now, and I could see him struggling to hold in tears that were stinging his glassy eyes. "I would never have done that on purpose." I almost didn't recognize his voice, it was so filled with pain. "I loved Mikey. He was my... He was my little brother. I was supposed to-" tears rolled down his cheeks as he struggled to finish his sentence, "I was supposed to protect him."

"Gerard..." I tried to respond, but could come up with no words to console him. "What happened?"

"What happened?" He sneered. "I had an abusive no good alcoholic pathetic bastard of a dad is what happened!" More tears ran down his cheeks. "And I just couldn't fucking take it anymore!" He gripped my shoulders harder, and action I didn't think was possible until I could practically feel his fingers digging into by skin, but he didn't notice as I winced in pain. "He just kept hitting him Beth! Over and over! He just kept hitting Mikey! And I couldn't just stand there! My dad could beat the shit out of me everyday, but there was no way in hell I was going to let him do that to Mikey!"

I tried to wrap my head around his story, as his fingers continued to grip my shoulders, preventing me from being able to move. "So what'd you do?" I whispered.

"I did what I should've done a long time ago. Before he could've ever hurt Mikey." His entire body was shaking as he tried to tell me. Tears were still flowing from his rage filled eyes. "I picked up a gun-- FUCK--I picked up a gun and tried to shoot him. I'd-Id had enough..."

The tension in the air grew immensely as a few seconds of silence ensued.

"...Tried?" I whispered.

And with the utterance of that single word, Gerard's anger exploded from within him. In a fit of rage, he flung me by my shoulders into the ground.

"FUCK!" He screamed, running his hands through his hair.

I had lost my breathe from being thrown down so violently, but I slowly sat up, clutching tightly to the shoulder if landed on.

"I WAS GOING TO SHOOT HIM!" He raged. "I WAS FINALLY GOING TO GET RID OF THAT BASTARD, BUT MIKEY--- BUT MIKEY BEGGED ME NOT TO! HE KEPT LOOKING AT ME AND SAYING THIS WAS NOT THE WAY TO DO THIS! BUT I COULDNT DO IT! I COULDNT BUY THAT BULLSHIT WHEN HE WAS BLEEDING AND COVERED IN BRUISES! SO I PULLED---I PULLED THE FUCKING TRIGGER!"

He stared at me, the rage emitting from his eyes instead of his mouth, as if he expected me to say something. I was too terrified to speak though, remaining in the floor, fearful he might continue to take his rage out on me if I dared whisper another word.

"AND YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED?" He continued hysterically, getting on his knees so that he was at my level. "THE FUCKING IDIOT JUMPED IN FRONT OF HIM!" He slammed his fists on the ground. "I PULLED THE TRIGGER AND--THE BULLET WENT STRAIGHT INTO MIKEY INSTEAD OF MY FUCKING FATHER! AND TO THIS DAY--TO THIS DAY I DONT KNOW WHY HED DO THAT! TO SAVE--TO SAVE THE VERY PERSON THAT IS CAUSING YOU ALL THIS MISERY!" He was screaming at the ceiling now, looking up as if he expected someone to respond to his pain. Someone to explain to him what he didn't understand.