I Saw You Cry but You Pretended it Didnt Happen Just Because it was Easier

---

Song seems fitting so I have included it. It actually kind of makes me cry sometimes, and I know it's not something maybe any of you guys would usually listen to, but you should try it... I just think it's one of those songs good to cry too. I probably sound stupid, but yeah...

Shut up.

-Beth's POV-

I didn't know what to do.

The sight of Gerard with tears rolling slowly down his cheeks had stunned me.

I bit my lip because Gerard scared me in general, but I'd never seen him cry, and if he was crying now, I felt like I should be terrified.

"You can't keep doing this to me." I said slowly after some thought, looking into his sad hazel eyes.

"Doing what?" He said back, never breaking eye contact the entire time.

"This. This whole 'if I'm angry or sad or frustrated or anything I'm just going to kiss you' thing." I reached both my hands up slowly and placed him on his face as glared at me. I used my thumbs to wipe away the tears from his cheeks. "It's just not fair to me Gerard. I get that that's your thing ok? I get that you like having a different girl by your side every week, but I'm sorry; I'm just not going to be her."

More tears snuck their way out of the corners of Gerard's eyes, and I continued to wipe them away.

"Why are you still here?" He said after a moment of silence.

"What do you mean?"

"Why, after everything I've done to you, have you continued to put up with my shit?"

I smiled sadly. "You want the truth Gerard? The truth is that no matter what you do, I--" I could feel my cheeks go red, "-I like being around you. Before I met you, I was a pathetic person who thought I could solve all my problems by slicing my wrists open or never leaving the house."

He tightened his jaw, staring at me seriously.

"And then-and then I met you. You're an angry, dangerous, jerk Gerard, but if I've learned anything from being around you, it's that holding your pain in wont make it go away. So all I'm asking now, is that you don't go back on what you said to me. I don't know what's eating at you, but I can see it in your eyes; you're holding it all back. And I don't exactly know what you're hiding, but you can't that to yourself. People are scared of you, remember Gerard? Make sure they have something to be scared of."

I realized that about halfway through that speech, that the words weren't entirely for Gerard, and that scared me. What was I trying to say?

Gerard stared at me with stormy eyes before Leaning in again. This time he leaned in very close, putting his lips next to my ear.

"You really are something else, aren't you Beth?" He whispered before moving his lips to kiss my neck. It felt so good and I didn't want to stop him, I really didn't, but I had to.

"G-Gerard--" I stuttered out, putting both my hands on his chest. "Stop--."

He stopped and brought his face back up to mine. "Oh but you really don't want me to, do you? You need to stop fucking fighting it Bethany, you and I are two of a kind. I mean, look at what you just said to me. You're getting it now."