O Brother, Where Art Thou?

-Gerard's POV-

"I saw the way she looked at you.
---
Be careful you don't shatter it."

It'd been a week or two since that night in the bar with Nathan, but his words haven't left my mind; they made me smile.

Of course I'd won, Nathan. I always get what I want, and Beth just happened to be on that list. And after what Nathan said, I knew she'd be mine soon enough. I loved seeing the look in her eyes when she got angry, and I mean truly angry. All the shit that she'd been keeping down just because people told her to was finally coming up, and it was perfect.

I shook my head as I sat, not paying attention at all, in class. I'm pretty sure the professor was lecturing, but I just couldn't bring myself to pay attention.

"Yo, Gerard!" I suddenly heard my name being whispered. I looked behind me and chuckled.

"The hell happened to you Wentz?" I said as I looked over at his messy black hair and his clearly 'I-had-sex-last-night-and-didn't-go-home" shirt. "No, please, let me guess. Melanie?" I raised my eyebrows, amused.

He smirked. "Tracey." He replied, returning my amusement.

"Ha, what happened to Melanie? Because as I can remember it, she had 'an out of this world ass'." I laughed and Pete shook his head.

"Yeah well, let's just say a girl with daddy issues will always win out." He winked.

"You're telling me. Yeah well, anyway, I know you didn't interrupt my obvious intellectual interest in the lecture just to tell me about your 'extracurricular activities'," I mocked, "So, what's up?"

"Just wanted to make it known we're having a party over at Jason's parents' place. Call it a senior year thing or some shit, but all I know is that everybody is going to be there and that Jason's parents are fucking loaded. And I've heard that that Malibu mansion of theirs comes with a fully stocked fridge and a pool." He smiled.

"Well doesn't that sound fun?"

He rolled his eyes. "Come on man, I haven't seen you all summer. And you've been so damn like tense lately. I don't know what the hell has gotten into you, but it's nothing a little booze and bitches can't fix, right?"

I bit my lip. "You know, you're right." I looked back at him. "Things have been a little complicated lately, I guess. I could use some distractions."

Pete grinned. "There's the Gerard I know. Well then I guess I'll see you there. It's this Saturday, at Jason's like I said." He began to lean back, but then something hit my mind.

I smirked to myself before looking back up. "Hey Pete, one more thing?" I asked as he looked down.

"Yeah?"

"Can I bring a plus-one?"

-Beth's POV-

I'd managed to avoid Eric all day, a day I'd also didn't trying to forget my conversation with Patrick, but I was irritated to see Eric as I came out of my last for the day. I walked right past him as I exited the double doors of the building out into the courtyard, but he just walked up beside me.

"Beth-" he started.

"Don't." I said blatantly. I didn't want to hear what he had to say. Ha, who's to say it wasn't going to be more lies? God knows that's the only thing people enjoy telling most of the time.