Some People Deserve to Die

*Well I promised you a death, didn't I? This is where things finally start to get interesting... I truly hope none of you were expecting a happy ending.*

-Gerard's POV-

This was Beth's father. Strange though, I thought Beth and Nathan had cut off all contact with him... Something didn't seem right here, so I let the phone keep ringing. I watched as finally it stopped ringing and then continued to stare at her phone. From what Beth had told me, and from what I'd assumed, her dad wasn't someone that would call her. As I pondered this, a notification popped up.

VOICE MAIL FROM ALAN SANDERS

Well shit.

I bit my lip. And that was when I decided that this was too weird to ignore. So I swiped and pressed play on the voicemail, preceding to hold the phone to my ear and quickly look back to see if Beth was coming.

Bethany? Bethany this is... This is dad. I know... I know it's been awhile, and I know I'm probably the last person you want to hear from but... But I just need to talk to you and Nathan. It's... It's so many things but... There's also something you need to know about mom... Just please, Nathan has been ignoring my calls for days now; I think he might've blocked me. Listen, I just need y'all to come see me. I want to talk, as a...as a family.

I couldn't help but chuckle cynically as the voicemail finished. This was just all too familiar. An alcoholic, abusive, bastard for a father. The empty fucking promises. The idea of being a real "family". Damn it was a page right out of my dysfunctional familys handbook.

And that's when it hit me. This really was just my luck.

I quickly put Beth's phone back onto her side of the booth, and just in time too, as she came back not 45 seconds later. She sat down without a word, avoiding eye contact with me as she reached for her drink.

"Well that took awhile." I spoke up, but she still didn't look at me.

"I thought you'd take the hint and leave." She countered back.

I smirked. Damn she really is feisty. "Ouch." I mocked. "That's not very nice."

"And you're so worth being nice to?"

"Oh don't pretend that you don't like me."

She looked back up at me. "I don't." She said, but I could tell she was just trying to convince herself of that.

"So what about my lips?" I questioned leaning forward, and I smirked when I saw her cheeks go beet red.

"Wh-what?" She avoided eye contact now.

"You're telling me you don't like what I do with those either?" I leaned even closing, "How I make you feel?" I said seductively.

"Gerard." She whispered.

"Don't. Pretend." I said again as I got closer, and she finally looked me in the eyes.

"Why do you keep doing this to me?" She said in a defeated tone.

"Why do you keep denying it?"

"Because no matter how much I try to convince myself that you're right, I'm still scared."

I was taken aback for a second. I guess I didn't expect her to be that honest. She'd never admitted that I was right before.

This was definitely progress, and I knew exactly how to finally push her over the edge.

"I want you to come with me somewhere." I said after a moment.

"I don't-- I don't understand..."