You

-Beth's POV-

After an excruciating half hour of Eric tending to my foot, it was bandaged, and he went back to his room, both of us at a loss for words.

I remained leaning against the wall.

Technically I couldn't walk fully anyways, so I didn't see the point in getting up. I was feeling so many emotions at once, it was driving me insane.

Orientation was tomorrow, and since I was a freshman, I had to attend. I thought I was looking forward to college, but then Nathan showed up and there were still so many unanswered questions.

Why was Frank with Nathan?

What had Gerard meant?

Why didn't Nathan like Eric?

I just shook my head and leaned against the wall, entangling my hands in my hair.

What was happening?

I knew it was a bad idea, but I had to get out of this house. It was only about 7 or 8 am now, but I felt like I was suffocating. My foot was burning, but it was wrapped, which atleast gave me enough leeway to limp. So I did. I put one tennis shoe on .my good foot and limped out of the house. I didn't really even know where I was going. I just needed to get away.

Again.

I was sick of things not making sense.

Even though it was August, the air had a bit of a chill, and I wrapped my arms around myself as I followed the sidewalk, trying to clear my head. Nathan didn't mean what he said, right? He couldn't. He was just angry.

He was just angry.

I kept trying to convince myself everything was okay was I limped onward, still not knowing where I was even going.

I eventually reached an area of what looked like  some sort of grassy field/park area near the actual campus. There was a bench on the side, so linked over to it, and I finally sat down, feeling relieved.

As soon as I got myself situated on the bench, I looked out into the field.

And I began to sob.

I don't even know where it came from. I just doubled over, covering my face with my hands as I sobbed into my lap.

"I h-hate y-you!" I chocked out.

"I -H-ATE Y-OU!" I kept repeating the sentence over and over, tears blinding my vision.

"You hate who?"

My head shot upwards as I felt myself panic at the sound of another voice.

I looked up.

And there he was.

Blowing smoke from his cigarette out into the crisp air. But as leisurely as he looked, his eyes were dark and angry.

"You?" I croaked out hoarsely, my breath still not steady.

"Me." He took another drag. "You didn't answer my question." He stated, not breaking eye contact with me for a second.

"W-what?" I stuttered, a little uneasy in his presence. I still didn't even have a full idea about who this boy was, and now he had just witnessed me have a full breakdown.

"You kept saying 'I hate you.' So my question Beth," he took a drag of his cigarette, "-Who do you hate?" He raised his eyebrows.

I hadn't even been fully thinking when I repeated those words, but at Gerard's question, it suddenly struck me as to who I had been really talking about.