Two Of The Same

-Beth's POV-

My entire body froze when Gerard put his lips against mine. I quickly turned my head to the side out of panic, separating our lips. I could hear him grunt in frustration as I kept my eyes on the ground.

"You wouldn't have to forget if it never happened." I said hoarsely, my eyes still on the floor as I tried to control all the emotions I was feeling at once.

"But what if I wanted it to?" Gerard tilted his head to meet my eyes again, his glassy eyes staring into mine.

"Then you wouldn't want to forget." I stared at him, trying to calm myself down before slowly trying to maneuver out of his grasp.

As I was about to shuffle away, Gerard grabbed my wrist and I gasped.

"Why-What's wrong with you?" He asked, staring into my eyes.

I felt tears brim my own eyes. "You're drunk." I whispered. "Please let me go."

He let go and leaned against the wall, not taking his eyes away from me. I backed up slowly until I also was leaning against the opposite wall.

I never understood why people felt the need to drown themselves in alcohol, and I'm hoping I never will. I couldn't help but feel so helpless in this situation. I thought Gerard had been intimidating before, but now...

He had kissed me.

I know he was drunk, but...but I'd never been kissed before. And I guess it kind of hurt to know that your first kiss didn't even really mean it.

But then again, there weren't many people in my life who truly cared anyway.

I unknowingly brought my fingers up my lips as I looked down at the ground.

I heard Gerard chuckle and looked up, quickly realizing what I'd done. "You likedddd it." He smirked.

No.

That's enough.

I felt angry and confused; why did all of this happen to me? It was this place. I couldn't wait until tomorrow.

Trying to control myself from starting to sob, I walked over to the door and began to grab my bags.

"And just," I looked up to see a confused Gerard glaring at me, "And just what the hell are you doing?" He slurred at me, looking annoyed.

I just looked down and continued to pick up my bags, standing up when I was finished. "Tell-," I breathed shakily, "Tell Nate I'll call him." I finished, not giving him the time to react before I walked out the door and closed it behind me.

I breathed shakily, walking into the night air, before stopping in front of the car Gerard and I had been in earlier. That's when I reached into my sweatpants pocket and pulled out the keys I'd grabbed from the counter without Gerard noticing.

This is stealing.

I was breaking the law.

This is wrong.

But I had no other means of transportation, and I needed to get away from this place. These people. The brother I thought I knew...

I unlocked the car, shoved my bags in the back, and drove off, tears beginning to slowly fall down my cheeks as I looked back at the apartment one last time. Hopefully Gerard wouldn't come outside, thinking I wouldn't make it far. All I know is that I have until Nathan and Brendon return before anyone realizes that I was seriously gone.