Disenchanted

-Beth's POV-

Regret.

So much regret.

I hit the dashboard hard and gasped. I didn't even have time to recover before I felt Gerard reach over, grab both of my shoulders, and forever me to look into his eyes filled with fury.

"WHO TOLD YOU THAT?!" He screamed, his face inches from mine.

Now if this had of been Nathan or Eric, I wouldn't have been scared. I knew they wouldn't hurt me. Physically that was.

But Gerard-

He shook me. "I SAID WHO TOLD YOU THAT BITCH!"

"Gerard please-" I tried to calm him down.

"DONT YOU FUCKING 'GERARD PLEASE' ME BETH!" He continued to tell and I winced, feeling whatever newfound confidence I had drain away.

And that's when he began to chuckle darkly, bringing one of his hands to my face. "You're scared now, aren't you? More thank ever I mean." He leaned closer. "Do I scare you Beth?" He whispered darkly.

I didn't know what to do. I was panicking and I knew any answer that I gave him was going to be wrong, so instead, I did something worse.
I shoved Gerard away, taking him by enough surprise to escape from his grip. I then quickly opened the car door, not even caring that I had no idea where I was, and began running as fast as I could.

Unfortunately, as fast as I could wasn't fast enough.

Not even close.

Before I could even get ten feet away from the car, I heard the car door slam and in no time at all, I felt Gerard's hand grasp my arm.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me back harshly, and I could sense his ever increasing anger.

"Aw don't run baby girl, you wanted to know the truth, right? Well here I am!" He gripped my shoulders hard and I whimpered.

"I'm sorry, please, I shouldn't have said anything!"

"Damn straight you shouldn't have said anything!" He seethed. "You just couldn't leave shit alone could you?" He squeezed my shoulders harder. "Some things just need to be forgotten!"

And in that moment, I could almost swear I heard grief in Gerard Way's voice.

But I didn't feel sorry for him.

"No, Gerard!" I finally said, seeing as whatever I said still wasn't going to be right, I may as well continue. "Forgetting isn't the same as burying! And judging from the way you're acting I'm assuming you just hate being reminded!"

"Beth!" He spat, warning me, but I didn't stop.

"You hate being reminded that you shot your own broth---"

I didn't finish that sentence.

I didn't finish that sentence because Gerard's hand had connected with my face. I didn't finish the sentence because he hit me so hard that I collapsed to the pavement, an immense burning sensation immediately covering the right side of my face.