Chapter 27

Just thought that this Chanbaek pic is really cute! XD

Chanyeol POV

I ran up the stairs since I got frustrated from waiting for the god damn lift that took forever. I just needed to make sure Baekhyun is fine. If he gets hurt because of me, I would be guilty forever.

Once I reached his ward, I placed my hand on the handle, wanting to open it but stopped. He shouldn't see me or he would cry again once I leave.

He stood outside and watch him sleep peacefully. Just stay like this forever, peaceful. Don't cry over me. Kyungsoo stood behind me, watching Baekhyun.

"Kyungsoo-ah, take good care of him for me. Arrasso?"

Kyungsoo sighed and nodded his head. "I just wish you two could be together." I smiled at him and shook my head. I was about to leave when I felt a hand holding me back.

I turned and saw that it was Baekhyun. "I...I thought you were sleeping." I stuttered.

"I was. But I thought I heard you. And it was really you." Baekhyun said with a smile.

"Let me go!" I became cold again and shook his hand off mine. I quickly walked away, hoping Baekhyun would not catch up.

I was already at the park when Baekhyun caught up.

"Chanyeol! Wait up. I have something to tell you!" Baekhyun shouted. He ran and grabbed me, preventing me from walking. I tried to push him away but his grip was tight. I frowned. I looked in the surroundings and saw a black car. I knew it was Mr Byun's car.

Flashback

"Yoboseyo? Is this Mr Byun?" I called Baekhyun's father the day the left Baekhyun.

"Yes this is." He answered.

"I am Chanyeol. I have already moved out of the school dorm."

"Oh that's great! I will meet you at the cafe that we previously met at and pass you the keys to your apartment." Mr Byun said. I could tell he was very happy.

I waited for him at the cafe. I stood up to bow and greeted him.

"Here's your apartment keys. I hope you keep your promise and not talk to Baekhyun. Or else you know what happens." Mr Byun warned.

"Ne."

End of flashback

I sighed as I saw Baekhyun's pleading eyes. I really wanted to talk to him but I can't.  Everywhere I went, there would always be someone ensuring that I am not going to talk to Baekhyun.

Flashback (A/N: sorry for so manh flashbacks)

"Chanyeol, seems like you didn't keep your promise." Mr Byun said the moment I met him. Yes, he waited for me below my apartment.

"H-how d-did you k-know?" I stuttered.

"I have my ways." He replied coldly.

"Joesonghabnida. I will not do it again." I apologized.

"You better. Or else you'll die and of course you know what I'll do to your sister. And I mean it this time." Mr Byun said.

I gasped. Damn, seems like he is really serious about this. I nodded my head meekly.

End of flashback

That was the reason why I couldn't talk to Baekhyun. I didn't mind dying since I am nothing without Baekhyun. But it was my sister that I was worried about. If I died, she would be very heartbroken and I don't know what Baekhyun's father would do to her.

"Chanyeol-ah, please just spare me some time." Baekhyun begged as I looked over his head. If i looked at him, my heart might soften.

"Chanyeol, I don't believe that you like someone. I know you still care about me."

"No I don't care about you and I have someone else. That's final so stop pestering. Oh and don't hurt yourself." I said coldly.

"If you don't care about me, you wouldn't have came." Baekhyun said staring at me with tears in his eyes.

I let out a laughed. "I don't care. I just don't want to be the cause of your death." I replied, holding back the impending tears. I cannot keep the act any longer. Please just let me go Baekhyun. Please.

Baekhyun's father POV

I was in the car on the way to the hospital when I heard thaf Baekhyun cut himself. How can my son be so childish and cut himself over a nobody. Aish!

I was passing by the nearby park when I saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun together. I was enraged. Seems like Chanyeol doesn't know how to promises huh?

"Stop the car." I ordered. The driver stopped the car while I ordered my bodyguard to get off the car.

"Kill him."

Baekhyun POV

I was crying hard when Chanyeol said that he didn't want to be the cause of my death. It can't be. I cannot accept the fact that he doesn't love me anymore.

"Chanyeol-ah" I stopped when I saw two men holding a knife walking towards Chanyeol. I recognized them, they were my father's people. At that moment, everything became clear to me.

Just a few more chapters before it ends! Thanks for supporting! 💞