*Chapter 43* - The wolves society

*Clarina 's P.O.V.*

I woke up the next morning with a groan, and pulled the covers over my head. I was not ready to see the world in the eyes yet. Images from last night played in my head and I rolled myself even more together under my cover. How could Matthew do that to me, I thought he liked me, that it was supposed that one's mate should always protect their soul mate, so how could he do what he did?

I flinched when there was a knock on the door and then it slowly opened, and Emily stuck her head in.

"May I come in?"

She asked gently, I didn't answer, but a moment after I felt that the bed dip a little when Emily sat down beside me and put her arm around my hidden body.

"Clarina, I talked to my brother, he's feels like crap, what he did was wrong, but you have to understand, if our wolf get control, then we can't do much to prevent the wolf to decide what must be done, in Mathieus case, he was probably worried that another man would claim you before him, you have to understand, in our society any unclaimed woman is 'free prey', so since Matthew met you, he has had to live with the fact that it could happen, that another man would take away what is his, it doesn't excuse, but maybe that explains why he did it."

Slowly I came out from the covers and looked up over the edge at Emily.

"But he must know that I would never let others touch me ..."

Emily interrupted me.

"Clarina, not all he-wolf ask for permission, it had happened before that a she-wolf had been forced into a relationship with someone other than her mate, because a he-wolf claimed her against her will, To be Claimed means that we can't stand being without the one who claimed us, and therefore is forced to remain with the person, either we love the person or not. Fortunately it's not often that someone gets claimed that way, but it has happened, and in my opinion just once is too much; imagine being forced to be with someone who's done that to you."

I look at her, before I said sadly.

"But he knew I wasn't ready yet, he would force me, what's the difference?"

Emily pulled me into an embrace.

"I know you may feel betrayed, but there is a big difference, Matthew is your mate, if he had claimed you, it would not have caused pain, you would have enjoyed it, yes I know you don't feel ready but your inner being is more than ready, and want to be with your mate. It often happens that when one of the mates is human, the person takes longer to feel ready, because of the norms that person grows up with. But if it is two wolves, it's not unusual that they claim each other the day they meet."

I look at her in surprise.

"Really? And no one will look down at them?"

Emily laughs.

"No, because as I said, that are human standards, and the standards that we have in the wolves society is different. You have grown up in a society where you look down on people who sleep together just after they met. But in our society, we find it really strange if not two mates quickly are together, it is actually those who we look down at in our society."

She says with a crooked smile. I look over at her in wonder, before an idea comes to my mind.

"But does that mean that Matthews pack look down at him because I force him to wait? Because he is a gentleman, and allows me to decide!?"

Emily pulls a little on the shoulders before she nod .

"Several of the pack members have begun to talk about how Matthew will be able to determine over an entire pack and ensure the security, when he can't even decide when he claims his mate. But don't worry, most of us understand your views, and therefore understand your reservations."

I look astonished at her. I haven't thought about how Matthews pack members look at him because I want to wait, but now I see that some might find him weak because he did not claim his mate. And what does it say about me, his mate, that I didn't even thought about it.

So even though Emily says that it's not an excuse for what happened yesterday evening, then at least it throws some light on way it happened.

I pull Emily into another hug.

"Thank you for explaining to me how you look at things in your society; It has given me something to think about."

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

*Comment*

*Vote*

*Fan*

XOXO FriendsIsEverything