*Chapter 10* - Meeting a wolf

*EDITED*

Here is the next chapter, hope you like it.
this is my first story, so I'd really like to know what you think, please comment below.
Enjoy the reading. 

XOXO FriendsIsEverything

*Clarina's P.O.V*

I walked through the forest carefully, this being a part of the forest I had never been to. I have always enjoyed the beauty that nature had to offer, and this wonderful forest quickly became my favorite place. Everywhere I looked there was a dense growth of trees and shrubs. And since the trees took so much of the sunlight, you expected that the forest floor would be boring, but everywhere I looked there were flowers, flowers in all shades and colors. It was breathtaking. I found a small opening in the bushes, and climbed inside. I had to think about what had happened before I could see my mother and stepfather. I had sent them a text message, telling them I was okay, and that I would come home later. I knew Benjamin, and knew that he would worry if I was away for too long.

When I had gone through the hollow, I discovered a lush oasis! In the middle of the clearing there was a clear blue lake, with sea grass all around, flowers everywhere, and several areas with side seats made from rocks and trees. It all looked very natural, like this oasis had always been there, though of course it had to be human hands that had created these side seats. It was great. No matter where I looked, there were green trees and plants; butterflies and birds flying around between each other. I smiled, this would be my favorite place from now on, the place where I would go when I needed to be alone and think about some things. I found a spot with incredibly soft grass where I lay down, staring up at the open sky between the tree crowns. I could feel my body slowly relax, and I gradually fell into a deep sleep.

I woke up by the sound of someone trying to get through the bushes. I looked towards the place where I had come through and my eyes grew big. There, right at the entrance, stood a large black wolf; and I mean really big! It had to be taller than I when I stood up, and it stood only about 5 feet from me. I sat up carefully, while I stared fearfully up at the wolf. How could I ever get home unscathed out of this? I didn’t have a chance against an ordinary wolf, and this one was at least three times bigger! I pulled back slowly and hid behind the stones. Yes I know, it wasn’t a very smart decision, but frankly you don’t make sense when you face a giant wolf staring at you with his black eyes. All I could do was crawl to the stone and close my eyes and simply wait for the pain.

I heard a whimper, and slowly opened my eyes, only to see the giant wolf lying flat on his stomach with his head between his paws, lying on the spot I had just left. He was still staring at me, but his posture showed no interest in hurting me, he seemed upset that I was afraid of him, as if he wanted to be friends with me. I looked into his black eyes, tilted my head slightly, and looked deeper into his eyes. His black eyes seemed familiar, but I had never seen this giant wolf before so it had to be my mind running haywire. Carefully I got up, still standing behind the stones, and kept eye contact with the wolf constantly.

"You will not hurt me, will you?" I asked. And yes, I know, who talks to a giant wolf instead of running to save their life. But there was something about this wolf that seemed to attract me toward him, telling me that I would do anything to not hurt him. The wolf lifted his head and shook it, actually as if shaking his head. I smiled at my thoughts. Now I was beginning to think that I could talk to animals, I was actually going crazy. But anyway, I stepped out from behind the rock, and stood in front of the wolf, who in turn lowered his head and slowly moved himself towards me, still lying on his stomach, trying to scare me as little as possible. And apparently it worked, at least I was standing even when it was right at my feet. I looked down at it gently, before I slowly reached out to stroke his fur. The wolf prodded and moved his head against my hand. I could not retain a little nervous giggle, thinking that I’m standing here and petting a giant wolf. But soon I forgot my nervousness, that wolf was behaving like a small dog who just wanted to be friends; I sat down and took his head in both of my hands and looked into his eyes.

"You are not at all dangerous; you just look like it, but you are nothing but an overgrown dog"

By this statement the wolf uttered a deeply dissatisfied grunt that made it clear that it didn’t like being compared to a dog. I laughed, this big wolf behaved very human. It stared at me with his big black eyes, before slowly moving right up to me, still with his gaze deep into mine, he put his head in my lap with a happy hum. I looked down at it and began to stroke it. It was only now that I noticed that it wasn’t completely black, its ear tips were white, like his stomach. It was a really nice wolf, and I was surprised by its soft fur, I had always thought that wolves’ furs were a little stiff, but that was certainly not the case with this one. We sat like that for a while, me with a giant wolf on my lap, in peace and quiet. I looked down at it and smiled.

"I can’t keep calling you big wolf; I must give you a name ... What do you think about Mathieu?", I asked. I had no idea where I came up with the name, but it just came into my head. Mathieu came with what sounded like a happy outbreak and licked my cheek. I laughed happily and patted him on the head again.

"Mathieu it is, then"

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

                                          Photo of the oasis on the side

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

*Comment*
*Vote*
*Fan*

XOXO FriendsIsEverything