*Chapter 23* - Spending time together

*Matthew's P.O.V*

Clarina now started talk to my sister. It seemed like they really get along, it shouldn't surprise me though, that they clicked, but it did anyway. My little sister had always been quiet and kind of withdrawn, and had trouble talking to people, however with Clarina the conversation jus liquid. I should be glad that Emily had a new friend, and of course I was glad that my sister and my mate get along, but if I had to be honest, it irritated me that Emily took some of the time I could have spent with Clarina. But as the well Behaved son I was, I turned to Clarinas parents, and gave them both the hand.

"Hi, I'm Matthew the eldest son."

The man I knew named Benjamin stared at me.

"Yes I know who you are, I lived here when you were born, but when I found my mate, I had to hunt for her, and it took some time to get her persuaded to go out with me. And when I realized that my lovely Lillian here and her daughter Clarina needed stability after what they had been through, we stayed in their hometown. But luckily I was able to get back to my pack when Lilian wanted to start over. And if I'm not mistaken, then you are also pleased with the development, your wolf is black with white ear tips isn't he? "

He asked, still with a serious look at me. I gasped surprised, before I looked down at Lilian, I could clearly smell that she was not a wolf, so how could he ask about it so openly. But Benjamin just smiled at me as he understood my confused gaze.

"I told Lillian several years ago what I am, I couldn't keep it a secret from her when I wanted to share my life with her. The only one who doesn't know about us is Clarina, Me and Lillian considered to tell her, but agreed that Clarina should have a normal youth, so we didn't told her, but agreed that we would tell her, when she finished school. That's actually an indirect reason why we have come here now, when we tell Clarina what we are, I will make Lilian one of us, and offer Clarina the same opportunity ... "

I growled, the idea that he would make Clarina one of us, didn't fit me or my wolf, to make a human to a wolf, a wolf have to bite the humans when a Werewolf's saliva enters the human's body it would transform them, but only if the human also bite the wolf. The facts that there was another wolf, who consider to bite our mate make our instincts go crazy, NOBODY should touch our mate except us. I could feel my wolf struggle to gain the upper hand to destroy what he saw as our competitors, but I fought against him, because I knew Benjamin wasn't really a competitor, he was almost her father. But I still couldn't prevent my eyes went black and growling escape my mouth, just the thought that he would touch our mate angered us. I was surprised when Benjamin, instead of stepping back a little at a safe distance, grinned and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry my friend, I understand. And I know now that you are the black wolf I saw with Clarina out in the woods, I just wanted to be sure, so that I could be comfortable with that I left her in your care the other day."

My anger disappeared as quickly as it had come. And I looked at him, amazed.

"How do you know? ... You are the gray wolf we came across."

I said, staring at him. That's why the wolf had behaved so strangely, he had seemed intimidating in the beginning but then it really seemed like he just tried to understand me. I hadn't seen it like that, at the time because I had been in protection mode to prevent my mate from being hurt by the strange wolf. But now I could see that he had also been protective of Clarina, he didn't know who I was and to see me with his daughter made him nervous about what could happen. Therefore I smiled at him.

"I would never do anything to hurt her, neither me nor my wolf. But you must promise me not to try to make her one of us, I know I will not be able to control my wolf if you do. And I know that Clarina never will forgive me if something like that happens, and I already have enough against me, so I do not need more obstacles. "

I said, and saw a smile emerge from Benjamin and Lillian. Lillian gave me a hug before she got back to Benjamin, but she keeps looking at me.

"So Clarina is your mate!? ... You must promise me to take care of her, she's been through enough already in her short life. "

She said. I nodded and looked inquiring at her.

"I promise that if Clarina will let me do it, then I will treat her like the princess she is ... But what do you mean, what happened to her?"

I asked, and could feel the tension, but Lillian just shook her head.

"It's not up to me to tell you, it must be Clarinas choice whether she will tell you or not, but let's just say that my late husband did not do any good, other than give me Clarina, she is my bright spot in life, and to see her grow and develop, has been amazing, she's such a strong girl."

I frowned, ideas about what Clarinas real father could have done to her, make my anger to rise, and I was about to demand an explanation when I realized that Lillian was right. It has to be Clarinas choice if she wanted to introduce me to her past.

During the dinner the talking went across the table, I sat next to Clarina, we talked together all four of us children, I actually would like to only talk to Clarina, but I knew I couldn't do that, so I make the conversations so that my siblings also could participated. I really wanted to know everything about Clarina, and have her for myself. But I knew Clarina was very unsure of how she should behave around me, after what had happened, therefore I tried to make it a fun evening among friends. But it became harder and harder to retain myself, sitting next to Clarina did that every move she made, make her rain and raspberry scent, wrap itself around me, and I was slowly becoming insane.

I had made it for 3 hours when Clarina leaned a little cross me, to hear what my mother, who were, sitting on the other side of me, said. And my senses were bombarded. I froze, I could feel how my manhood hardened in my pants, I tried to calm down, but the only thing I could think of was to make her mine, make sure that no one else could take what belonged to me. But it was too early, Clarina was not ready, she knew nothing of what we were, and I would destroy the small friendship that was getting build up between us. I got up from the chair, and Clarina had to move back quickly to avoid being hit. I harshly said to no one special.

"Please, excuse me!"

With that I left the dining room. The last thing I saw before I closed the door behind me, was Clarinas questioning and wounded gaze.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Photo of Matthew on the side

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

*Comment*

*Vote*

*Fan*

XOXO FriendsIsEverything