*Chapter 5* - Party time

*EDITED*

*Matthew’s P.O.V*

We finally came to Friday. Simon had done a good job and had got a party at the feet and everyone was invited. It’s almost 11 pm and the Pack House is packed with people, some of them I had never seen before. But the girl who was the reason that I had planned this party, had yet to make an appearance. I was beginning to doubt that this perfect idea I had come up with, to spend time with my mate, would prove to be a success since she was not here, so it was just a party with people who mattered nothing to me.

I signed and turned around to walk in to my office, but then I felt her. I quickly turned around, and let out a growl when I saw that Gavin guy with his arm around my mate’s waist. My vision of my mate is blocked by Simon, and he takes a firm grip on my head to get me to look at him.

 "Matthew, you have to keep yourself under control. It can’t come as a surprise to you that she's coming with Gavin, they are good friends, so of course they would come together. Your mate is not a woman who feels completely at ease among a bunch of strangers; and you should be happy that she has Gavin, otherwise she would probably not have even been here"

I stared at him, before I lifted my head and looked at Clarina and Gavin again. It was obvious that my mate did not feel comfortable with the situation, she had a tight grip on Gavin's hand, and it was obvious that all Simon just said was true. I knew it, but my wolf was still not prepared to let any other men be near our mate.

-Of course I don’t want her to associate with other men! She is OUR mate and not someone else’s. And as long as she has not realized that she belongs to us, I will not be happy with her ​​around other men. Maybe when we have Claimed her, I can allow myself to be more generous with whom she sees, but remember, she is human and knows nothing about mates, we have to make her ours as soon as possible so we can relax-

My wolf said declaratory and I totally agree, but I looked back at Simon and smiled wryly.

"I am perfectly aware that he is her friend, but my wolf does not like to see the two of them together. I know what happens when one meet their mate, but to go through it yourself is surprisingly difficult. I've never quite been able to understand when a wolf wouldn’t let their mate see others, but now that I've met Clarina I understand it completely. If it were possible, I would lock her up in a room only with me, until I was sure that she's mine. I really try to retain myself, but it is absolutely impossible to hold my wolf instincts when she's around. I try as hard as I can, but sometimes he comes up to the surface”

Simon looked at me for a while, before he nodded.

"I'm sure you're right; we don't know how it really is before we meet our mate. But at least try to enjoy tonight, perhaps this is your chance to get her to know you, so don't ruin it by letting your wolf take over. "

I nodded, aware that he was right. So for the next 2 hours, I held my distance, but still I could see Clarina, and I constantly had my eyes on her. Clarina had caught me staring at her a number of times by now, and every time she would blush and look away. I smiled wryly, it was clear that my little mate was acutely aware of my interest in her, but did not know how she should act. I was interrupted in my thoughts as a pair of arms lay around me and I felt a woman's body affectionately glide up and down on my body. An unpleasant feeling went through me, and I turned quickly so I could look down on Steffanie who was smiling sexily at me.

"Hey, baby, isn't it about time for us to leave the party and find a room where we can have some fun together?"

I looked down at her, surprised.

"Steffanie, I thought I had already made ​​it clear that I have found my mate, and what the two of us had going on has to stop, I'm no longer interested, and I do not want my mate to get the wrong idea by you constantly come up to me like this. So please, leave me alone. You should begin to search for your own mate, there are no words to describe the feelings we have for our mate. "

I smiled gently, I was not trying to hurt her but I had to get her to understand that I really was no longer interested. But it was obvious by her anger, that she didn’t take my message nicely, and she sharpened.

"Found your 'mate'! - And who's this perfect mate whose feelings you want to protect?"

I stared down at her and could see the anger in her eyes.

"Do not tell her that it is Clarina; see her eyes, both she and her wolf hate our mate. We've got to protect Clarina"

I shook my head.

"I can’t tell you, at least not until I’ve told her. She should be the first to know that we belong together forever, and right now you look like someone who would make a big fuss out of it, and I’m not risking that. You have to stop persecuting me this way. I have tried to put it nicely, but you don’t understand it at all; but you have to understand that I do not want anything more to do with you. If I never see you again, I will not miss you - I'm sorry to be so harsh, but I have to concentrate on my mate now"

With that, I turned my back to her, and look for Clarina, but couldn’t see her anywhere.

When I came out into the hall, I discovered Gavin in a fight against 5 others, it was incredible that he was doing so well, considering he was outnumbered, and the guys were part of my pack. He tried to fight his way towards the stairs but the other guys laughed and slapped him away again. I stepped right out into the hall, and Gavin ended up literally right at my feet. He looked surprised up at me, and forced out.

"Alpha ... Clarina ... upstairs ... against her will"

My surprise by him calling me Alpha was forgotten when I understood what he said. I felt the anger inside me and turned angrily against the 5 guys.

"Who is it that has taken Clarina upstairs, tell me immediately" I said with my Alpha tone and immediately one of them exclaimed, "It is Charles, he said it was something they had agreed in advance because she loved acting, so she wanted to be 'abducted' upstairs while we made sure to retain her friend – Charles says that he probably would fight back, but I’m surprised he could hold this long."

My anger erupted into flames.

"You idiots, because it is not a play for them, the only ones who think that it is a play is you - What room has he taken her to?", I yelled while I ran past them and up the stairs heavily persecuted by Gavin and the other 5, who looked very upset.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

                                           Photo of Steffanie on the side

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

*Comment*
*Vote*
*Fan*

 ***Happy new year***

XOXO FriendsIsEverything