*Chapter 20* - Getting redy for dinner

*Clarina's P.O.V*

As soon as Gavin drove into my driveway, my mother came out from the house.

"Clarina finally, there you are, I have lay out a dress for you, up in your room, and please try to do a little effort of yourself. It is an important dinner, and I want to make a god impression. And even though it's Benjamin's boss, it is also important that we got accepted, it's really important for us Clarina, so please. "

She said before she with a quick goodbye to Gavin, pulled me into the house and pushed me up stairs. I sighed and went into my room, and there on the bed, was the most wonderful dress I had ever seen, it was a purple lace dress and it was absolutely perfect, not one I would have chosen for myself, but only because I don't have the confidence to wear such a spectacular dress. But with my mother's comment about this dinner was important, I careful took the dress over my head and smoothed it down over my hips. I slowly turned and look at myself in the mirror and gasped. It was wonderful, and it fits me perfectly, the confidence I thought I was missing, I could feel slowly raising now that I saw myself in this dress.

I smiled to myself, before I began to experiment with my hair. 30 minutes later I had put all my hair up in a bun at the top of my head, but with a few wisps hanging to encircled my face, this way the hairstyle didn't seems so strict. I wasn't completely happy, but since I had decided to go after the adults look, it had to be this way. I quickly put on some makeup, just gray eye shadow and then mascara on the lashes. Once again I looked in the mirror before I with a satisfied nod went down to my parents.

Both my mother and Benjamin was already dressed, and looked very handsome, I couldn't help but smile, Benjamin lovingly reassured my mother that everything would work out fine. He stopped when he saw me on the stairs, and raised his eyebrows.

"Wow, Clarina, you look really beautiful, I am proud to have you and your mom by my side today, I must be the man with the nicest family.

He smiled, and I could feel the redness come up in my cheeks. Mother turned to me and gasped as she clapped her hands together in childlike enthusiasm.

"I knew as soon as I saw the dress, that it would be perfect for you. You look so grown-up. One moment... I know what will make the final touch.

Quickly she ran out of the room and came back a moment later, with a pair of black high heel shoe and a lipstick.

"Here, take these, and then some lipstick as the finishing touch."

She muttered as she gave me the lipstick on. So now I was ready, and I could see by my mother and Benjamin's expression, that I had never looked better. It was only when we were going in the car, that I discovered the lipstick, my mother had put on me, it was RED I mean really RED, and featured my lips curves. I gasped and looked at my mom.

"I can't wear such a lipstick, it is much too red, It's stands out."

But my mother just laughed and shook her head.

"No, honey, it's perfect for you, I always knew you had lips to carry such a lipstick, but unfortunately I have never had the opportunity to get you to wear it, but hopefully you will in the future be a little more brave, now you know how good you actually look in bright colors."

She smiled, and I smiled back, maybe she was right, I didn't feel entirely uncomfortable in this outfit, so maybe I should try something new for a change. I was surprised when the car stopped and I got out. We had parked in front of Matthew and Simon's house. I looked at Benjamin confused.

"Is this where we're staying for dinner?"

Benjamin nodded before he took both my and my mother arm.

"Yes here live my Al ... boss Anthony Dust, his wife Brigitta and their three children, Matthew, Simon and Emily.

I smiled.

"I've been here before, I was doing a school project with Simon, so I've already met Matthew and who I think is your boss. But I haven't met the women yet, I didn't actually know that Matthew and Simon had a sister. "

Benjamin stared at me surprised, and asked.

"You have met them? When? Did they welcome you? Did they know who you were?

He fired the questions at me. I looked at him, amazed at his behavior.

"Yes I have met them before. As I said, I made a school project with Simon, and that's how I met them. As for how they treated me, we weren't really introduced to each other. I think there was some problem between Matthew and Simon, so I left, and since Anthony tried to calm Matthew, we only exchanged a quick smile before I left the house. Matthew seemed really aggressive against Simon, and since it wasn't any of my business, I left them before it developed further."

I said, and frowned when I remembered Matthew's behavior that day. I was still confused what could have happened to make him that mad at Simon. But my thoughts were interrupted when Benjamin with a thoughtful look at me asked.

"Did he seem aggressive? Were there other than you and Simon in the room you were in when Matthew showed up?."

He asked curiously, and I looked at him before I shook my head.

"No, it was just me and Simon who was in his room when Matthew suddenly came crashing in, and seemed aggressive to Simon."

"You have no idea what he was so aggressive towards?, he must have said something?."

Benjamin said, I furrowed confused why was he so interested, I shrugged.

"I left the house before it really developed. But Simon must have taken something that wasn't his, because Matthew continued to say that it was his. It was actually a little weird the whole process, it must have been something big to make Matthew reacted that way, but I never actually find out what was going on. "

Benjamin continued to look at me.

"Was that what he said? It was his?"

I nodded.

"Yes, when he came in, he looked at Simon with a furious glance and sharpened MINE."

I said, and got surprised when my mom looked at Benjamin and said.

"Benji, do that mean? ... Is he? ... Is Clarina? ..."

Benjamin laughed gently and stopped my mom's unfinished senses, by laying his arm around her and lovingly pulls her close to him to kiss her on the cheek.

"Calm down sweetheart. Even if that is the case, it is not necessarily a bad thing. You were lucky with yours, weren't you, "

He smirked, and got my mother to laugh girly, when he winked at her. I stared at them, confused, what on earth are they talking about?

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Photo of Clarina's purple dress

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

*Comment*

*Vote*

*Fan*

XOXO FriendsIsEverything