*Chapter 15* - How do I get through this

*Clarina's P.O.V*

I stayed home Saturday and Sunday also. I would do anything to avoid meeting someone who knew what had happened at the party. But it was now Monday, and I was forced to face the world, and go to school. Believe me, I had considered playing sick to avoid seeing Matthew and Simon again, who I knew was aware of what I had done at the party. But for some inexplicable reason, Benjamin always knew when I played sick, so I had never really been able to use it as an excuse to get a day off. Therefore I stood in my room to get ready for school. I had decided, discreet, was the way to go. I was therefore wearing a pair of black jeans and an ordinary tank top. The hair was just gathered in a high ponytail. When I looked in the mirror, I only saw a pale girl who had nothing that could attract attention. Satisfied with this, I went into the kitchen to eat a quick breakfast, before I went out to my car to drive to school.

When I walked into the school I stared rigidly at the floor and avoided eye contact with everyone. I was confident that everyone now knew what I had done at the party. But now the first 4 hours of the day passed, and no one had said or looked condescendingly at me. There had been a few guys who had looked a little at me in the first hour, but for some reason I just felt that they wanted to make sure that I was okay. So I went to the cafeteria with a little more confidence, maybe Matthew hadn't told what had happened to anyone.

As soon as I get in the cafeteria, Gavin came up to me, we bought our lunch before we sat down at an empty table. Gavin looked questioningly at me.

"Well"

Was all he said, but I knew where he was going. I blushed deeply and looked down at my plate, where I played with the food a bit, before I looked up at him again, before I with a shrug said.

"Well what do you think?"

I tried to act nonchalant, but felt that I blushed and got the guilty look of my face. I heard Gavin cursing fiercely, and before I could do anything about it, he was up from his seat and rushed over to the table where Matthew sat. I sat there, before the thought of what Gavin could do, got me moving, when I got closer I heard Gavin's angry voice.

"What the hell man. I thought I could trust you, and then you used her while she was vulnerable."

He shouted. I grab a hold on Gavin's arm, trying to get him to let go of Matthew who he have in a firm grip on the collar of the shirt. I get eye contact with Matthew but quickly look down while I still rip and tears in Gavin to make him let go of Matthew. I hear Matthew exclaim.

"I'm sorry, I did not ... I would not ... For fuck's sake, I thought you could trust me, but since she apparently told what happened, you know how much that was worth."

He said, and sounded regretful. I quickly look up at him, and could see the regret in his eyes. I quickly looked away. Though their conversation was confusing, it was clear that he wished that he hadn't been with me. I pulled one last time at Gavin and whispered.

"Please Gavin, let's just go, the whole school are watching."

I could feel how tense Gavin was, yet he put a gentle arm around my shoulder.

"Don't worry honey, everything will be OK."

There was a low growling from Matthew, Gavin's looked at him, beyond pissed off.

"You have to be kidding me ... After what you've done."

Matthew stared angrily at Gavin before he looked down at me and his face softens.

"I'm really sorry Clarina, I shouldn't have done what I did, but ...."

He would have continued, but I shook my head.

"Just forget it, we probably both wish it hadn't happen."

I said. And saw how Matthew head jerk back, and how he closed his eyes, as if my words hurt him. Gavin gave Matthew a last look, before we with his arm around me walked out of the cafeteria.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

*Comment*

*Vote*

*Fan*

XOXO FriendsIsEverything