*Chapter 39* - watch your words

*Matthew's P.O.V.*

When we got down to the dining room, both mine and Clarinas parents, my brother and sister is located around the dining table , they all look up when I and Clarina hand in hand enter. I see the smile break at our mothers faces, while both fathers look with a searching look between us. I know that what they are looking for is if I have claimed her yet, but no, although I have had trouble keeping Mathieu back, I know that it has to be Clarina who taking the first step. To claim another person is a big deal, and not something you do without consensus between the two people. I've only known Clarina about 2 months, but it feels like she has always been a part of my life and I will do everything possible to make sure to make her happy, even if it required that I keep my natural instincts back and let her examine, for her, the new sexual universe that has opened. But it gets harder and harder when we lie and cuddle, not to take her, and if I have to be honest I don't know how much more I can take. I enjoy our make out sessions, incredibly much actually, but even after I have come, it is never quite enough. More than anything, I will make it clear to everyone else that she's mine. I know that my possessive behavior sometimes irritates Clarina, especially at school, if any guys get too close to her, I can't just stand at a distance and look at it, I'll be right along beside her with an arm around her waist, and a cautionary glance at the guy to keep his distance. The human perceive us as a couple, and they therefore maintain distance, but unfortunately in the wolf society there is other rules, any unclaimed woman is free prey, yes I know, it is a barbaric practice, but that's the way it is. Most men in my Pack respect me, so even though I haven't claimed Clarina yet, they know that she is off limits, but there are 3 other pack who also goes at this school, and they still sees Clarina as a free exchange.

-We've have to make her ours, if we don't mark her, we may risk than someone else do.-

Mathieu said fiercely, and I can't keep a growl back at the thought, Clarina looks surprised up at me, but I'm just look apologetic down at her before I pull the chair out for her so she can sit down, but I continue the conversation with my wolf.

*We can't mark her yet, she has to want it, or we will destroy it all.*

-It's been two months, she has shown that she loves us, she knows what we are, she has to come to terms with our customs, claim her first, then we after worth work for her forgiveness, then we at least know she's ours.-

*No - We wait until she is ready, and that's the end of the subject.*

Mathieu pulls back dissatisfied. I know that he is right; it's not safe to let Clarina go unmarked around. But I can't force her, I have already once almost ruined everything by going too fast, and I will not risk it again.

I'm being ripped out of my thoughts when I heard my father say.

"...Yes it's not long before I have to retire now that my oldest son has found his mate, it's their turn to lead. But the young people obviously have to be ready for it, and Matthew should get Clarina marked, after all they can't be Alpha and Luna without have claimed each other."

I see how Clarina blushes and I looks angrily at my father.

"You can keep your title until I and Clarina is ready to claim each other, and we only going to when we feel ready and not because you think it's time to resign."

The silence descends on the table after my breakouts, and everyone looks at me and Clarina with surprise. It is Emily who breaks the silence by asking Clarina.

"Clarina, there's a party tonight to celebrate the end of the school year, will you go with me? I would like to go, but I'd rather not go alone ... Unless of course you and my brother have to go together?"

She says while she looks excited at Clarina, and it dawns on me that I not really have let Clarina and Emily be alone together for a while, I've always been with them, to be near my mate, but I can see at Clarina that she actually wants to spend some girl time with Emily, I therefore throw my selfish ego overboard and smiles at Clarina.

"You should do that, it have been a while since you have been alone together."

Clarina looks up at me surprised, before she quickly lowers her eyes again and look over at Emily .

"It's a deal, I'm sure we're going to have a good time."

The rest of the dinner proceeds without any big events, and as soon as we're done, the girls excuse and leave the table, I grab for Clarinas hand, to kiss her before she goes, but either she doesn't sees it or she overlooks it on purpose, but she leaves the dining room without a glance in my direction.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

*Comment*

*Vote*

*Fan*

XOXO FriendsIsEverything