*Chapter 24* - They make it so complicated

*Simon's P.O.V *

I looked across the table where Clarina were sitting, her gaze was fixed on the door Matthew had just left through, she looked sad. What in the world were Matthew thinking? I thought that he wanted to be with Clarina, and then he makes this stunt? It may ends up that he gives Clarina the impression that he wouldn't be with her, but I know that it's not true, I have to find out what is going on with him.

As soon as we left the table and went into the living room for coffee, I excused myself and went searching of my stupid brother. I found him sitting out in our rocky outcrop, were you could look at the sea. This had always been Matthew's favorite place when he was thinking, or at least the place I knew of, a few times I hadn't been able to find him, but I assumed that he just took a run as his wolf. I sat carefully down beside him and looked at him questioningly.

"Matthew, what on earth was that back there? Now Clarina finally here so you can talk to her, and then you leaving the room in such a rude way ... You should have seen Clarinas facial expressions, she certainly think that it is because of her that you left the table... This is not the way to get her convinced that you care about her. "

Matthew turned angrily toward me.

"Don't you think I know that? I tried, God help me I tried to stay in there, but her scent drives me crazy. I couldn't think of anything else than to make her mine. And she would certainly not have liked that, so I chose the option that was best, although I very well knew that it would not help my case that I left her that way. "

He said before he looked back at the sea, sad. I looked at him. I hadn't met my mate yet so I didn't know how it feels, but I had been told that it was almost impossible to stay away from them, and that you as a man couldn't control yourself completely before you had mated your woman, so she wore your mark that told others that she was yours. And since that Matthew had Alpha genes in him, his feelings probably were even more prevalent, which actually made it incredible that he had been able to sit at the table next to Clarina for 3 hours.

"I'm sorry Matthew I hadn't thought about it that way. You should have said something then I could have sat next to Clarina ..."

I was interrupted by Matthew, who quickly tore me up by my shirt, and sharpened, at my face.

"MINE ... You just have to keep away from Clarina, she belongs to me, and even if you are my brother, I will not let you touch her, is that understood?"

I nod quickly, it was obvious that it was Mathieu who had control right now, and that it was the thought that I might touch Clarina that made him so upset. Slowly Matthew's eye color turned back to the normal brown color and he loosened the grip he had on me and looked at me with an apologetic glance.

"Sorry brother... But when it comes to Clarina, I obviously have zero tolerance to the thought of other men near her, I can't even tolerate my own brother near her."

I nodded understanding.

"It's okay, I understand. I only regret that I went across the border, although it surprised me a little that you have so little tolerance. "

I laughed gently, trying to loosen up the tense atmosphere, and succeeded, Matthew laughed with me and nodded.

"Yes, it surprised me too. When I have seen other meeting their mate and acted jealous of the person, I've never quite understood why. But when I met Clarina I fully understood which feelings it brings to have a mate. That I have found mine but can't claim her yet, makes me crazy, when other men is 2 feet from her, I really struggle to retain myself, and not just grab her and take her to a place where it's only the two of us, that way I'm sure that no other think they can have her. But that she's human makes it more difficult, she have no idea that mates exist, and as I behave around her, she will probably never allow me explain it to her."

He said sadly, and I felt that it really bugged him.

"Look, I'm sure she likes you, just pull yourself together and talk to her. Clarify what happen Friday night, and then you can move on from there, I'm sure that you will end up with Clarina, you just had to believe in it, and not be so uncertain, it's not the way you usually act around women."

I smiled but received an annoyed look from Matthew.

"Clarina isn't just any woman, she is MY woman. And it's not as easy as you make it sound. What if I screw it up even more and ending up scaring her away completely?"

I nodded, could understand his point of view, but it would be up to him how he would proceed. I just hope that they'll figure it out, because they are just so perfect together, and the only thing that makes it difficult is them.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

*Comment*

*Vote*

*Fan*

XOXO FriendsIsEverything