24

That night, Goofy and Donald laid in bed together, staring at the ceiling. Donald slid his hand into Goofy's pyjama pants. Goofy quickly slapped his hand away.
"Whoa, what was that?"
"I'm not in the mood."
"Oh." Donald blinked. "Is there a problem?"
Goofy sighed. "I just...don't really like how you were acting around Max," he said.
"What do you mean?"
"Well...the way you sat on my lap and put your arm around me in the doorway - "
"We're engaged, Goofy," said Donald. "Do you want me to lie to everyone?"
"No, I just think...you could be a little less suggestive in front of my son."
Donald scoffed. "Fine. I'll go sleep on the couch then."
"No, baby, w - " Goofy started, but he was already gone.

9:27am
"Good morning, babe."
Goofy woke up to Donald's smooth voice and a tray of food in front of him. Donald laid down the tray of pancakes, eggs, and bacon on Goofy's lap.
"I'm sorry about last night, baby. I was being a jerk. I love you. Have a good breakfast."
"I love y - "
Before he could finish, the phone started ringing. Donald answered it, his hand on his hip. All Goofy could think was how hot he looked in his pink apron.
"Oh, yeah, sure. I'll see what I can do. Bye! See you later. Goofy, that was Minnie Mouse. She says she wants to see if they could hire Max for a part time gardener job!"
Goofy nodded. "That could be good for him," he said. "Do me a favour and go ask?"
"Of course." Donald kissed his forehead and went out into the hallway. The spare room across from ours, he reminded himself, and opened the door.
He found Max on his bed, awake on his phone. "Hello?"
"Oh, hey, Donald," said Max.
"So, I got a call from Minnie Mouse this morning. She heard you're in town and wants to see if you'd be their gardener!" he said. "She said they'd pay you fifteen dollars an hour."
"Fifteen? To garden? Fuck, of course I will!"
"It's a tricky job! There's hedges," said Donald.
"For fifteen an hour I'd do anything."
He nodded. "Alright. I'll tell her you said so."