63

Clarabelle held Mickey in her arms, locked at the lips, as they sinned. Although it was the devil's work, every second of it was like heaven. Every thrust of Mickey's hips dug them deeper into paradise.
It was a change of heart for Mickey. He hadn't had anything so light and delicate in decades-and it was exactly the thing Clarabelle had always craved from him. They did it all the time, but never did they do it. It was always somewhat of a punishment for Clarabelle, but now, she felt connected to Mickey at the heart. It was like a dream come true to sympathize wordlessly with the love of her life, and a dream come true for Mickey to feel something again.
They laid side by side in bed, mangled sheets all around. Neither of them said anything, afraid that speaking would ruin the glory of the moment.
It was Mickey who broke it, finally, saying, "You're so good."
Not even he knew what he was trying to say. He was still in a subconscious state that he couldn't break out of, and he said all the things that sprung into his mind. Which was hardly anything but bliss.
A sly smile came to Clarabelle's lips. She was in as much of a trance as he was. "God, you're better," she said.
The sun started to set. Mickey gradually remembered the rest of his life aside from his dreamlike love with the cow beside him, and sat up for the first time in hours.
"I have to go home," he said.
"I understand."
He looked into her eyes. He was intimidated in the face of such bliss he hadn't faced in years, and as he slowly but surely registered the existence of Minnie Mouse in his head, dread consumed him. "Let's run away together," he blurted.
Clarabelle propped herself up on an arm. "What?"
"We can go anywhere," he said, "we can flee this toxicity. Just you and me, baby, and we'll go far far away and we'll have a good life and we'll forget being stars."
Clarabelle was silent for a second, then reached to touch Mickey's injured forehead. The pain seemed to melt away with her touch.
She didn't speak a word but Mickey knew what she was saying.
Yes.