26

Max's second day on the job, he was surprised at how fast the yard grew back. He pulled out the lawn mower and some clippers and went to work. It was half an hour in and he was already sweating when Minnie called out the back door, "Max! Come on in, I made lemonade!"
His mouth watered as he ran to the back door. Mrs. Mouse smiled at him and let him inside.
The inside of the house was even more magical than the outside. It was all reds and blues and pinks and everything was quaint and decorated. He felt like a giant oaf when Minnie asked him to have a seat in the dainty white dining chairs, with teal and purple flowers carved into them.
"So, why did you decide to come move in with your dad?" asked Minnie, pouring two glasses.
"The plan was to live with my grandma until I finished high school," said Max. "I graduated last week, so I thought it was time to come and live here."
"Ah, I see," said Minnie. "So where are you planning on going to college?"
"I'm not sure yet. I figured I'd use the time here to look around. I've heard the schools here are a lot better than the schools back home."
Minnie nodded. "They certainly are. So you're seventeen?"
"Eighteen."
She smiled. "Ah. Interesting."
Max took a sip of lemonade. "That's delicious, ma'am," he said politely.
Minnie laughed and waved her hand at him. "Minnie, please. You're welcome to feel at home here."
"Thanks." He finished off his drink. "I should probably get back outside now."
Minnie started to fill his glass back up. "No, no. I know it's a big place. You did the whole thing yesterday. You deserve a break." She stood up. "Why don't I give you a tour?"
"Sure," said Max, taking his lemonade with him.
Minnie guided him through the entire gigantic mansion, which took about thirty minutes, giving a brief summary of every room. Once she got to third floor bathroom, she said, "You should feel the water in this sink," and let him in. He turned on the tap and ran it over his hands.
"That's really soft," he said awkwardly. He opened his mouth to ask why, but he closed it, shocked, when she came up from behind him and pressed herself against him, running her hands down his chest. "Uh - " he began, but stopped as her hands trailed down to his thighs. She went to unbutton his pants when he said, "What are you doing?"
"Shhh," she whispered in his ear.
"I don't know if this is such a good idea," he said, turning around to face Minnie.
"You said you're eighteen, right?" she said, pulling herself closer and closer until the counter was cutting into Max's lower back.
"...Y-yeah."
"So what's the issue?"
As much as it felt wrong, he couldn't resist any longer. Any guy would kill for what he was about to get. Why was he holding back? She was right. He was eighteen. If it's not illegal, and they both wanted it, what was the problem?
He kept this mindset as Minnie sat herself on the counter and wrapped her legs around him, kissing him almost aggressively, and he joined in. He kept this mindset as they peeled off each other's clothes and as her nails dug into his back.
It wasn't until he heard the front door fly open that he remembered the problem: Mickey.