Interviewing @VictoriaFrances

Interviewing VictoriaFrances

1. How's life?

Okay, so life is really good right now! I'm currently on a gap year from my studies and have moved abroad to work however in December I'll be going back to England in time for Christmas and I'm so excited because it's my all-time favorite celebration! So yes life is good!

2. How did you join WattPad?

My best friend is one of 1D's biggest fans and she wouldn't shut up about this site that fuelled her addiction to read about them. She sent me a link to it one day and instead of reading it I decided to see what the site was about which is where I started finding other genres... It was a month before I realized you could vote/comment or post your own stories!

3. What inspired you to write?

Well the main book I started writing on here I had planned out a year ago and it was inspired by various things I had gone through in life and I wanted to tell a more true to life story however in general I find reading other books, looking at art and images and watching films is the best way to be inspired

4. Do you have any advice for other authors?

I think my advice for other authors is: if you are truly passionate about a story then keep writing it because it doesn't matter how popular it is or how much negative feedback it receives from a few cruel haters because I guarantee someone out there probably loves your book and to just make one person happy from your writing is what everyone should strive for - anything else is just a bonus!

5. Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?

That's a really difficult one because there are so many... When people ask me who I'd like to be though I always say Queen Cleopatra because she was like the first role model for girl power and so maybe her just because I find her really interesting!

6. Do you play any musical instruments?

Not very well... I can play a few very basic songs on the guitar and I want to get better but I just stick to singing and dancing along mainly!

7.  Describe yourself in one word.

Whimsical...

8. Favorite Color?

Emerald green because it's just such a pretty color!

9. Favorite song at the moment?

Talk Dirty - Jason Derulo. It's a cover he did for a live lounge session and I guarantee it will but the biggest smile on your face and has you dancing around if you listen to it!

10. Favorite ice-cream flavor?

Hands down it has to be Raspberry Ripple! I love that flavor so much and there is always some in my fridge!

11. Favorite Movie?

It's a toss up between three: Tristan and Isolde, Disney's Hercules or Paris When It Sizzles

12. Do you like pickles?

No I can't say I’m a fan - to me they don't taste how they look and I don't like deceitful food....

13. If you could get a tattoo, what would you get?

I am actually getting a few tattoos soon! I'm getting an eternity sign on my middle finger, a "xoxo" on the side of my wrist, a feather behind my ear and this Indian elephant design on my lower back... The last one sounds random but without seeing the design it's hard to make it not seem that way!

14. Would you rather dump someone else or be the person getting dumped?

Having done both I have to say I'd rather be dumped because yes it's horrible and you cry and eat ice cream and think you're going to die alone with 12 cats but I just hate being the one to end things... I'd rather just make it so he wants to break up with me than be the one to do the dumping... Such a cop out!

15. What kind of music do you like?

I will near enough listen to anything as long as I find it a good listen however the genres I'd say consume most of my iPod are either indie or alternative bands or artists and I have a lot of love for classic rock like Queen, AC/DC, Rolling Stones....

16. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are the five things that you would want to have with you?

My Panda Bear - he comes everywhere with me, My iPod because I cannot live without music, My notepad because I'd probably just write about how I was stranded on an island. A lighter so I could start a fire and then maybe a pillow? Ever the practical one....

17. If you were a superhero what powers would you have?

I'd like the power of being able to fly I guess but to be honest I'd much rather be a villain and has the power of compulsion or something... It always seems much more fun to be the bad guy!

18. Name one thing you totally suck at.

Science! I had such a poor grade score that when it came for the option to retake my tutor told me there was no point because I was never going to get better at it... I think in one paper I got 6 marks out of a possible 148...

19. What was the last thing you ate?

I had Roti Canai which is like a very thin doughy pancake... It’s really nice!

20. Which would you rather have, 100 million dollars or true love?

True love every time. I'm such a sucker for romance and I think everyone has the ability to love and without it you'd just be lonely and no amount of money can buy you what a loving hug can make you feel!