58

Perrie

"You look amazing."

"Thanks... uhm?"

"Elijah." he smiles.

I nod and gave him a half smile.

"Elijah, are you alone?" I ask. I was curious to know if he was alone or not. He did seem to have a number of people staring at him.

"No," he answers, shaking his head, "all my friends are over there. I'm just the only one without a girl. It's a very isolating feeling." he explains.

"Elijah, you seem like a lovely guy and all," I start as I lift up my left hand, "I'm taken - engaged and I don't want to give any wrong ideas - the wrong direction before this deepens. I don't want to do that to you. I'm sorry."

He nods, "It's ok," he laughs, "there's a lot of other girls to ask. It's a huge club. You never know. You just seem to be the one who stands out the most to me." he explains.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yeah. It made me curious so I had to talk to you, have a drink, a little dance." he smiles.

I laugh, "I guess a little talk wouldn't hurt," I smile, "but I'll have to get permission," I laugh, "life's hard and I don't need to add any more problems and wars in mine. If you stay here I can get back to you. I don't want you to feel bad about yourself."

He gives me a soft smile as his eyes glistens with hope, "Thank you ugh."

"Perrie."

"Perrie, thank you. By the way is that your girlfriend or - ?"

I turn around and found Jade on her way towards me.

"You really have an eye for pretty girls don't you?" I giggle.

"Nah, she just looks like I'm about to get killed."

I laugh, "No, don't think that. I'll talk to her. Give me a minute." I say before turning around and walking towards Jade.

I stop in my tracks and let out a laugh as a boy steps in front of her.

"Hey." he starts.

I turn back to Elijah and I decide to enjoy this little episode beside him, "Are you gonna ask?"

"Yeah, I'll get to that. Just let watch this. I've been dying to see what she does." I laugh as I grab a beer from a passing waiter and took a sip.

"Damn girl." he laughs.

"It's a club. Don't expect me to be little Ms. perfect and innocent." I say as I kept my eyes on Jade.

"Let me guess," he laughs, "she doesn't like boys around you?"

"Not one. She swore she'd kill them if any boy touched me. Good thing you didn't. As for her...," I say, "this will be interesting to watch." I explain as I take another sip.

Jade

I turn around and found Perrie where I left her. Except now she was with a boy. I know she isn't going to do anything stupid. Walking back to her I found myself stuck in the middle.

"Hey."

Ashton and Zayn stand by my side with a bitter expression on their faces. They both take a step foward to insure I won't get hurt.

"Hey," I answer back, "you are?"

"I'm Nathan." he says, his dimples showing as he smiles.