prologue

Perrie

I watch my lips move closer to Jades as I snaked my arms around her waist.

I've been longing for this moment ever since. And with an inch to spare I hear my front door close.

We broke apart like lightning and my eyes turned to the driveway. I looked in horror as my mom stood there with fury in her eyes.

I couldn't feel anything but guilt for not telling her sooner.

"Perrie Edwards I want you to explain to me right now." she demanded as I looked into her eyes.

All I wanted was for the ground to swallow me whole until I saw the only person that could save me.

My unreadable expression full of guilt and worry turned into a smile when I saw Luke.

" Hey," he smiled as he took his feet off the skateboard and took me in his arms. "You ok?"

" No." I whispered as I felt tears pooling down my cheeks.

When we let go we turned back to my mom who looked more furious then she was just a second ago.

"Luke, what am I seeing? Is this some joke? Why was my daughter about to kiss her bestfriend?, she asked "Were you aware of her behaviour. Cheating is not tolerated in my family."

I felt my stomach go frantic at the use of her words.

I would never cheat on anyone.

"She didn't cheat on me." Luke explained as he took ahold of my hand.

"What are you talking about? Seconds ago she was on the edge of kissing Jade!" she shouted.

As I looked back at Jade I could see from her was tears trembling down her face, as she slowly bent down to sit on the curb.

"I didn't expect Perrie to disobey me this way. She knew the moment she turned 18 that she was planned for an arranged marriage." my mom explained.

" I know that! And I never meant to disobey you." I say as I held onto Luke's hand tighter than I ever did in my whole life.

" When we first saw each other after finding out we knew it wasn't right," Luke explained. " It's hard to go through something like this with your best friend. But from the very beginning.. before all this we knew we wouldn't be able to do this. Be both have someone we love. I love Perrie. Just not in the way that you want me too. I have a girlfriend. And so does Perrie."

In this moment I felt like the world was about to crown me the #1 worst daughter in the whole of UK.

" Please don't get mad at Pez. She did nothing wrong." he stammered.

" When we first moved into the apartment," I say. " We both felt like it wasn't right. So we slept in different rooms and went to see our loved ones at different times." I say looking at Jade.

She didn't seem to be paying attention to what I was doing for our sake but I let it go.

"Luke deserves anyone but me. I'm a wreck. And throughout the time we spent in that apartment," I stammer. "All he did was treat me like I was his own. And he already had one. But he still treated me the same just to make me happy. But in that case it wasn't just for me. It was also for you, dad, and his own parents. I on the otherhand had to have it in a harder way. If you're asking why," I say pointing to Jade." It's because of the one I fell in love with. I fell in love with my bestfriend."

I felt my tears trickle down continously. But I didn't bother wiping them away.

" I for one got the same respect back from her. When she didn't want anything I bought it for her  anyway. When she felt the erge to break apart and leave this world I was there for her. Even my girlfriend understood what we were going through. When she needed me most I wasn't there for her just because Perrie didn't want to disappoint you. I get that Jade's not your ideal lover for Perrie but that's the way it is."

And after all we said all my mom did was stare at us.

" Luke stay out here with Jade. Perrie come inside with me." she ordered as she left the driveway and went inside.

At this point I wanted to cry and just cry. But I begged to differ. I just wrapped my arms around Luke's waist and stuffed my face between his neck and shoulder. " Thank you Luke." I mumble.

" No. You don't need to thank me. I should be thanking you for being this strong. I'll never have a girl in my life as strong as you Pez. Now go inside." he stated as he pressed a kiss on my forehead and let me go.