39

Perrie

I watched Jade from the other side of the glass, my smile reaching up to my eyes as I listened to her sing.

Lauren sat beside me, nodding and smiling as she sang, "Perrie she's absolutely incredible."

"I know," I smile, "and I couldn't be more proud of her." I say as Leigh squeezed my hand.

"She just gets even better." she chuckled as I leaned my head on her shoulder.

Luke leaned against the wall and just hummed along, enjoying the tune even though it wasn't of his own interest.

"Enjoying yourself Mr. Pop Punk?"

He faced me and laughed, "Are you kidding? She's amazing. I mean wow."

"Please tell me you're going to sing though Perrie," Lauren smiled," she can't be the only one to sing. You have to."

I shrugged, "Should I?" I say, turning to Leigh-Anne and Luke who both held out a thumbs up.

"Babe you are literally incredible. You've got to have a song on you to sing. You're not leaving this studio until you do." Leigh said.

Luke and Lauren agreed. Now I officially had to. But what's wrong with giving it a go? I mean Liam did ask for a demo from the both of us.

Opening my bag I quickly sighted the folded sheet of sheet music. I grabbed it and sighed," Ok," I say, standing up from my seat, "I'll sing."

Their shouts filled the room and I couldn't help but laugh. Jade finished her song not long after and gave me a confused look, "What's going on?" she mouthed.

I held out my paper and waved it in the air. She noticed and clapped before removing her headphones and walking out.

The door that seperated us opened and out she came, her arms around my neck as I spun her around, "Missed me already?" I joke.

"Maybe," she laughed, "but that was legit. It was amazing," she squealed," and you. You're going to sing?"

I nodded and let her go. I walked over to Lauren and whispered the song into her ear. She smiled, "I listened to the instrumental. It's insane." she laughed.

I smiled and quickly jogged into the studio, slipping on my headphones and placing the paper in front of me.

Giving Lauren the go sign the instrumenal played through the headphones. I closed my eyes and hoped it turned out well.

"Monday you sent me flowers, Tuesday made me feel stupid, Wednesday the world was ours, Thursday you didn't prove it, Friday fell back in love, Saturday we didn't talk, Sunday you said you needed space."

I opened my eyes and watched everyone throw their fists in the air on the other side. I smiled.

"Do you miss me? Am I crazy? Am I losing hold of your love baby? Either you want me or you don't. I need to know. I need to know."

Through the glass I saw Jade smile at me, her brown eyes filling me with energy and inspiration.

"Who are you today? Will you be the sun or the pouring rain? Who are tomorrow? Will you make me smile or just bring me sorrow? Who are you gonna be when I'm lost and I'm scared? Who are you gonna be when there's nobody there. Who are today? Cause I... am still... the same."

~

I walked in to screams and shouts, everyone hugging me as I placed the sheet down. Jade smiled and kissed me and I did the same before we broke apart, "How did I do?" I ask.