16

Jade

I find myself crouched on the floor, my arms wrapped around my legs as I cried. I didn't like this and neither did I like what was going to happen right after. Hiding my face in my hands, I felt someone comfort me from behind.

I didn't bother to look up though. It was probably Perrie anyway. I didn't want to see her face - I'll cry even more if I do. So maybe hiding like this would be a good idea until she walked off. But then I realised that she doesn't leave till  a little later. So I couldn't really just sit and cry. I had to say goodbye - and this wasn't just an ordinary goodbye.

"Jade," she sighed, "don't make me leave like this. Don't you want to have a goodbye hug?" she asked cutely.

"I'd take the hug but not the goodbye? Would that work? Oh wait no it wouldn't," I whisper, "because you'll have to leave anyway."

"Jade." she said

"There's probably a billion other girls that are way hotter than me. Like what if you fall for another girl? Or - or like if"

"Jade I'm not gonna like anyone else. Just you and you should plant that in your mind. You're not my girlfriend for no reason. Now lift your head up and look at me will you?"

"No," I answer, "I don't and I won't. Simple as that Pez."

"I thought I was supposed to be the baby of the relationship?," she asked, "why are you the one crying and not me? Jade it's only a year. I'm not going for long."

"How am I supposed to sleep at night? Do I just remember that you're miles apart?"

"No because I want you to think that I'm there with you. Please stop being dramatic for a moment and let me speak baby."

"Maybe it's best if I just get on with this and leave. Because the more I hear you, see you and feel you I just want to break down and cry. I don't want to be the reason you leave and the reason why you'll stay. So on 3 I will stand up. I want you hug me, kiss me even. Do whatever. Ok?"

"If that's what you want."

"1...2...3," I say. I quickly got up from the floor, turning around and finding her lips pressed against mine. I eased up a bit and my heart started to beat normally. Wrapping my arms around her waist I just took in the moment. I kissed her back and didn't feel like letting go, "I don't wanna let go." I whisper.

"I don't either," she answered, "promise you'll take care of yourself?"

"I don't like keeping promises. You know that," I chuckle, "but I can definitely assure you that I'll be in one piece when you get back.No bruises, scars, cuts or wounds. Nothing at all."

"By the way." she said, "are you just gonna walk away or do we both just.." 

"Lets do it together. No looking back and no run and hugs. We need to make this quick and easy for the both of us," I say, "but I love you and I can't wait till I see you here again." I smile.

"I can't wait either. And it's funny cause I haven't even left yet," she laughed, "bur I love you too Jade."

I pressed a soft kiss on her forehead before Luke cleared his throat,"I hate to break it to you guys. But we need to go." he said as he started to pick his things back up. He gave us both a smile before he flashed his watch at us. 

"Ready?," I ask, taking a deep breath and slowly pulling my arms away from her. She nodded and sighed deeply, looking at me in the eyes as I started to count, "1...2...3"

I completely let go of her waist and start walking away. My heart began to beat faster again and I had to urge to look back. I bit the inside of my mouth and clenched my fists as I headed over to the entrance. This is actually happening. It felt weird now - to be walking to my car without anyone to smile too, talk too and laugh with. There was just myself and 4 empty car seats waiting for me. 

As I saw my car in the distance I immediately stopped and closed my eyes, "Don't turn around,"I told myself, "she's not there. She walked away too and now - I have too. One last time." 

Even if I knew that she walked away  I just hoped for the unexpected. I kept my eyes closed and my heart felt like it could burst out. I opened my eyes and....