Training Center

I went back to my room before dawn just in case someone woke up early. I got and extra hour of sleep and then woke up again. Effie was knocking on my door this time telling me to get to breakfast.
I'm about to go to the closet when I find an outfit already laid out by the for me. The top is like a tank top/ crop top. It's long and has sleeves like a tank top, but it's short and clings to your body like a crop top. On the bottom there's a strip of gold fabric and the number 13. Then there are a pair of plain black legging. I lace up the black sneakers and head down to breakfast.
Harry is wearing something similar to me except he's not wearing a crop top kind of thing, just a regular tank top with thicker straps.
I sit down and load my plate with stuffed French toast and pour myself some juice.
"So, we know you're strengths. That's not going to be a problem", Katniss said.
"We basically taught you everything that they're going to show you, but try and make it to every station just in case we missed anything", Peeta said and we nodded.
"What...do you think about ally's?" Asked Harry and I looked at him.
"Well are you talking about just you two..or more people?" Katniss asked.
"More people", he answered and I knew he was thinking about Vanessa, Matthew and Charlotte.
"Well...um if you want them. But what you have to understand, is if you guys are the last ones standing.....there's going to be sacrifices", Peeta said.
"I know", Harry answered in a quiet voice.
"Who were you thinking?" Katniss asked.
"The two from 12 and the girl from 1. There friends of ours", Harry answered and I nodded. Katniss and Peeta looked at each other.
"I guess. We'll be working with Haymitch and Johanna", Peeta said and I smiled for some reason. We finished breakfast with more talk about training. What to do, what not to do.
It was finally time and Effie walked us to the elevator. She beamed at us and babbled on about how popular we were in the opening ceremonies. She aid we reminded her of Katniss and Peeta but friendlier.
When we arrived at the bottom floor of the Training Center it was half full. Some were talking in small groups, some just lingered like they were lost around the room.
I recognized a few people from the reaping. The people from three, Emmet and Rose. They were the only ones to volunteer, and you would think they would be all wimpy since there from engineering but they are bulky. Emmet has the biggest muscles I've ever seen and Rose has this mean girl look on her face.
Talking to them are the people from 7 and 10. Of course the people from 7, Charlie and Jackson, are fit and strong, being from the homeland of health. People from 10, Danny and Katrina, don't look too bad. It rains a lot there, so I would imagine them being couch potatoes.
I remember Amelia from 6 only because she is gorgeous. Her dark brown hair and crystal blue eyes. I spot Lottie talking to a boy from her District and I'm about to go talk to her when Matthew and Vanessa come walking towards us.
"Hey", Vanessa said.
"Hey", I replied.
I was back to being short again. Even Vanessa was taller than me.
"Our mentors agreed to the ally thing", Harry said.
"Why wasn't I apart of this?" I asked.
"Are you saying you don't want to be ally's with us?" Matthew asked.
"No. What I'm saying why wasn't I involved with the plans", I sat and look at Harry.
"Your right. Sorry", was all he said and I looked away from him. What was his problem?
Everyone arrived to the training center and this lady started giving her speech. We were dismissed and we went to go get Lottie so we could train together. She was still talking to that boy and they were laughing when we reached them.
"Oh hey guys", she said. I looked at her and then at the guy.
"Um this is Ethan, from my district", she says. He looked her age. He had blonde hair and green eyes. He was a little on the scrawny side, but he was tall and skinny. Like a tooth pick almost....
"Lottie can we talk?" Harry asked in a polite tone.
"Yeah sure, be right back Ethan", she said. We walked away from him and went near Vanessa and Matthew.
"This is Vanessa and Matthew. We're making our own little pack and if you want to join you can", I said.
"Can Ethan join it?" She asked and I smiled. Someone has a little crush. Harry just frowned.
"Listen Lottie, we promised your brother we would keep an eye on you", he said.
"Of course you did. Does that include boy watching, wait of course it does. Lou set you up to this. Well the only way you can get me in your little pack is if Ethan joins too", she said and Vanessa and I both laughed. She was so manipulative for a 14 year old. Harry stood there thinking about it for a moment.
"We did promise Louie we would watch her", I said.
"...Fine he can join. Go get him and we'll start training together", Harry said reluctantly. She smiled and ran over to Ethan. He joined us and we went to the vacated plant identification station. We spent 1 hour at each station. We did knot tying, fire starting, knife throwing (which Vanessa and I were awesome at), shelter making and fishing. Then we went to lunch.
We all talked to each other. I ate a sub, chips, and at least 3 brownies. I stopped when I thought I was going to explode.
After lunch our group separated into groups of two. Ethan and Lottie went to the rope course, Matthew and Harry to the gauntlet, and Vanessa and I went to hunting.
At the end of training we took an elevator back up to our floor. We both took showers and then were called to dinner. Katniss and Peeta asked numerous questions about it.
It was the same thing over and over again for the next two days. Breakfast, training, shower, dinner, questions, talking.
On the final day of training, we did our last training sessions before lunch. Than from there we are called for our private sessions. Ethan leaves first. None of us really eat because we're so nervous.
As people leave one by one I think of the advice Katniss and Peeta gave us.
"You want them to remember you, but don't do anything to stupid. For example when I did the Seneca Crane thing", she said smiling at the memory.
I had no clue what to do. It had something to do with archery of course, but what.
Harry went and I was left all alone, left to deal with my thoughts. I felt like hours passed when I was called back in. The lights were dim and everyone seemed to be i. hysterics. Everyone but the head Game Keeper, who kept his eyes on me the whole time. I think his name was Cadegon Danvers. Well something along that line.
Straight away I picked up the bow and a thing of arrows. I was clueless on what to do so I just shot arrows at the target. I looked over at the Game Makers and they were no longer interested. So much for them remembering me.
I looked around the room and saw the camouflage station untouched, well besides the red. It was all gone. I then thought of something. I quickly found the shell you use to make your own bomb and filled 6 with all different colored paints. I then threw them at the glass and right before it hit the glass and made a huge thud, I shot an arrow at each one. It wasn't a real bomb so it was going to need something to help it explode. The whole glass was covered in different colored paints. They could no longer see me.
I thought that was good enough so I put the bow and arrow back and walked out of the room without being dismissed.
I walked to the elevator. I wonder if I went to far. I didn't do anything to rash. All I did was spread paint all over the glass. That's not to bad. I laughed at the image of what the might of did when the glass splattered with paint.I wonder what Harry did. Was we the cause of the dim lights?
I hope I did something much worse than he did. Then they would target me instead of me and it would be easier to get him home.
I entered our living quarters and Harry was no where to be seen. Katniss, Peeta, Effie, and Tressa were sitting on the couch talking. It's the first time I've seen Tressa since the night of the opening ceremonies. Seeing her made me happy for some reason.
"Oh good your here. What'd you do?" Katniss asked.
"Where's Harry?" I asked looking around.
"In his room. Any clue of what he did?" Peeta asked.
"No, not really. The lights were dim and it smelled slightly of cleaning products", I said.
"Great. So what did you do?" Katniss asked and I hesitated for a moment.
"I made paint bombs and shot them at the Games Makers", I say. Tressa's jaw dropped, Effie made this noise, and Katniss and Peeta both let out this breath.
"I don't think it was that bad", I said.
"We probably should of told you guys not to mess with the Games Makers. Now there going to try and kill you!" Katniss said.
"I now know why Haymitch yelled at us", Peeta said rubbing his hand over his face.
"It wasn't that bad", I protested and sat down on the chair.
"Yes but it wasn't good either", Katniss said.
"Hey. In my defense you told me to make them remember me and I did. They'll always remember the girl who made paint bombs and shot them at them", I said.
Tressa laughed and I smile a little.
"This. Is. Not. Funny." Effie yelled at her and it made both of us laugh harder.
Effie left the room muttering to her self.
"I guess you're right. Now we just have to find out what Harry did and we'll have to work with what we have", Peeta said.
Dinner was silent. Tressa joined us tonight. Harry didn't come to dinner. We had salmon on a plate of this sticky rice tonight with vegetables and soup. Dessert was ok. Just some pudding and fudge.
Effie went to go get Harry from his room to watch the training scores but he refused. We just ended up watching it without him.
The program starts and Lottie and Ethan come up first. Lottie gets a seven and Ethan a 5. That was unbelievable. How'd Lottie pull a 7, but Ethan a 5?! The people from 3, 7 and 10 get 8-10. Katniss calls them the career pack.
Vanessa and Matthew both get nines and then it's our turn. I'm nervous. I watch as Harry face appears on the screen. I wait for his score to pop up, and I couldn't believe my eyes. 11! What did he do?! Next is my turn and I feel queasy. My face shows up on the screen and then.....a twelve. My jaw drops. They couldn't be serious. 12?! The guy announces I've broken Katniss's record.
I look over at Katniss and she's smiling. I told you you were just like me and more", she states.
"Why would they give me a 12!?!" I ask.
"Who knows?" Peeta says and his face is contorted into this expression.
"Congrats Lillian", Tressa says hugging me.
"Oo this fits perfectly! The girl who out shined others!" She squealed.
"Is that what they're calling me now?" I laughed letting her go.
"Yep. Your like the new Katniss. The girl on fire, the girl who out shined!" Effie said.
Katniss through me an 'I told you so' look and I smiled. We talked a little more about the scores and then we went to bed. Tomorrow we had to practice for the interviews.
I changed into pajama pants and a heavy gray sweater and a beanie. I was cold for some reason. Before I went to bed I went across the hall to Harry's room.
"Come in", he said and I opened the door. He was watching something on the TV in his room.
"Hey", I said in a gentle voice.
"Hi", he replied back.
I sat next to him on his bed.
"So are you going to tell anybody what you did to pull a 11?" I asked and he looked at me with wide eyes.
"Maybe you. What did you get", he said and looked away.
"12", I said quietly.
"Damn. What did you do?" He asked.
"I'll tell you, if you tell me. But you have to go first", I said. He took a deep breath.
"Well I took a halberd and through it at the lights so it was pitch black.."
"I guess that's not to bad", I said.
"Wait..then I tied ropes to the ceiling to hang up one of the matts and then wrote watch your backs on it. I left without another word", he said.
"Oh....that's pretty bad", I said.
"I know....it's not going to help us either. What did you do?" He asked.
"Well I filled those little bomb things with paint and through them at the glass wall thing. Then right before it hit it, I shot an arrow at it and it exploded and paint was all over the glass. Then I left to", I said.
"Hmm, I think mines worse", he said and I shrugged. We both looked at the TV and even though it was paused I knew that face face anywhere. He was watching the One Direction movie.
"How much do you miss them?" I asked.
"A lot. Don't tell them I ever said this but, I miss Louie the most", he said.
I don't know how I was going to ever tell him....
"Makes sense. He was like a brother to you", I said and he nodded.
"Yeah. You know, Liam thought of you like one of his sisters?"
"No. I didn't. I thought of you guys like my brothers though. Well not you of course...."
He smiled. He put his arm around me and unpaused the movie. We watched it and when it was over I went back to my room. I wrote a letter to Katniss telling her what Harry did and not to say anything.
I went to go slip it under the door when I heard them talking in there and I couldn't help but to eavesdrop.
"Katniss, what did it mean to you when you got an eleven?" Peeta asked. She said nothing for a little and then continued.
"They wanted to hunt me down first and kill me", she answered.
"Now think about it, she got a 12. It's going to be much worse for her", Peeta argued.
"Yeah, but she has ally's. They should be fine", she said.
"Katniss..."
"Please Peeta I don't want to talk about this. What are there strategies?" She asked.
It was obvious they were talking about me. I thought about what I just heard and quickly slipped the note under the door and ran to my room.
I laid down on my bed thinking. I soon fell asleep with horrible dreams. The career pack was hunting us. I was alone. It was just me, because Harry was already dead.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lillian's Pjs

That's about it for this chapter, hope you enjoy😄