Mama, Chewbacca, and Hamlet

A fuzzy object that I swore looked just like my mom started to build a weapon in her hand out of thin air. I raised my bow and arrow and aimed it at the fuzzy object ready to shoot. Then the image became less fuzzy and it turned out to be my mom after all, holding a long spear.
I stood there and looked at her. She was alive? I stood there still looking at her.
She came running at me her spear in hand and ready to strike.
I was so distracted by the fact that my mom was here I didn't dodge the attack. No one else was doing anything. I was going to get hit when, a girl pushed me and took the hit. I heard a cannon fire.
That woke me up and told me I had to do the hardest thing ever, fight my mom. I aimed my arrow and then closed my eyes. I shot my mom in the heart. I opened them to see my limp mother on the ground slowly disappearing. Then I saw my dad appear in some nearby bushes.
I didn't understand any of this. How are my parents still alive.
I shot an arrow at my dad because I didn't want to get anyone else hurt. I wondered maybe my parents are dead because of me. The fact that I just shot both of my parents put me in a sort of shock. I couldn't see where I was. I just heard voices telling me we had to go and started running with them.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LILLIAN! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LILLIAN! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LILLIAN, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU", sang the boys and I woke up from my dream. Actually, nightmare.
"Thanks guys" I said sitting up and seeing all the boys sitting around my bed.
"So how does it feel to be 17", asked Zayn.
"I don't know. Aren't you 17. Why are you asking me", I said.
"Well someone's a little sassy this morning", said Harry poking my nose.
"I'm sorry in just a little tired. What time is it", I said.
"Um, 12:09", said Niall checking his watch.
"I missed my interview thing!" I screamed getting out of my bed.
"No, it's a.m", said Louie and I walked out of my closet.
"It's 12 a.m", I yelled at them.
"Actually it's 12:11", corrected Niall.
"Why would you wake me up", I screamed at them.
"We wanted to be the first ones to sing Happy Birthday. We called our friend and then we came and woke you up with our beautiful singing", said Harry.
I scolded them for a minute and then gave up.
"It's too hard to be mad at you", I said.
"We know", said Zayn.
"So now that I'm up, what do you want to do?" I asked.
"We can help you prepare for your interview thingy", said Harry.
"Yeah. I don't think you can babysit eight children and everything be alright", said Louie.
"Ok fine. But I hope you guys have a lot of coffee", I said
"We do. Now to the kitchen to brew coffee and to get ready for an interview", said Niall and we all went downstairs in our pjs to go drink coffee.
"So, tell me about Simon", I said taking a sip of the coffee.
"Well, he's going to want you to be who you really are in front of him", said Zayn.
"And he's going to want you to take your job seriously but also have fun", said Harry.
"He will want you to not be lazy and know what your supposed to do", said Niall.
"Your going to have to respect him, oh and never take forever to answer his texts or he gets real mad", said Louie.
"And most importantly, he's going to want to be your friend. He's going to try to help you with your dreams and stuff like that. He helped us with our dream house", said Liam.
"Ok got it. Now for babysitting. Have any if you ever babysat", I replied.
"No not really. I mean we have, but we have very little experience", said Liam and the rest shook there head in agreement.
"Great", I said.
"But you should try and get under there skin. Do things they like to do and make it fun. Oh and definitely don't yell at them", said Harry.
"I thought you didn't really babysit." I asked.
"I don't, but I know how to bribe my baby cousins", he said and we all laughed.
"Well we're going to bed. We were up the whole time", said Louie.
"Alright. I think I'm going to go to the art room and work on your portrait", I said and Louie smiled.
We all went up the steps and to our separate rooms. I saw the boys close there door and remembered I had to decorate mine. I did that instead.
I went to the drawing room to draw some pretty big bubble letters that spelled out This is mahogany -Effie Trinket from the movie. Then I colored them orange.
I brought some tape with me and taped each word under each other in the middle of my door. Then I went to my room and got pictures of Harry and I, Vanessa, Matthew, my mom and dad and of corse, One Direction. Then I printed out some pictures of things I liked and things I liked to do. I had drawing, ice skating, baking, cows, hunger games, my favorite music artists, dogs, tea cup pigs, (there adorable) and much much more.
I cleaned up my mess and checked the time on my phone.
It was two thirty. I quickly went to my closet to get dressed. I put on some jeans with flowers on them and tucked in my white shirt. I put on my jean shirt and my cream colored short wedged heeled boots. Then I went to the bathroom to do my hair. I put it in a fishtail that went on my shoulders. I put some lip gloss on and grabbed my brown leather purse and put my phone, wallet, my house key and my epi-pen in case I touched peanut butter or something.
I texted Harry that I left and locked the door. I walked to my car and put the address Louie texted me in my GPS. I started driving in the high lighted route.
Once I got there it was 3:50. I was 10 minutes early. It didn't take long to get here because nobody was really driving at this time. I grabbed my coffee and my purse and went to go knock on the door. I knocked on the door and about a minute later the door flung open.
"Hi. I was sent here from Simon. Im your babysitter for today", I said with a warm smile on my face.
"Great. Nice to meet you. Come in, come in", she said.
I walked into the huge house. It wasn't as big as my house but it was pretty big.
"Please have a seat on the couch so we could go over things", said the lady.
"Ok", I said and we both sat down on the couch.
"So you must be Lillian", she says.
"Yep. You are...I'm sorry Simon didn't really give me your name", I replied.
"My name is Roseann but you can call me Rose if you want", Roseann said.
"Ok."
"So this paper is the schedule for the baby and this one is all the things that are scheduled for today just so you're aware. You might have to do some driving and I don't think your car can fit 8 children so here are my keys to the van", she said and held a pair of car keys for me to take.
"And I think that's it. There's directions for the baby's bottle on the back of the paper. Oh and don't let the little ones stay on video games to long. And any mess they make please get that cleaned up. I would appreciate that. Make sure they get out for a little too, and curfew is 11 and bedtime is 8:30. Oh and..,"
"Don't worry your kids are in good hands. When are you coming back", I asked.
"Um around 11:30", she said.
"Alright. Not to be rude or anything but how are the kids going to be able to rate me if they're sleeping", I said.
"Your right. Um just have them right it down on a piece of paper before bed. Anymore questions?"
"Yes what are your kids names and ages?" I asked.
"My oldest is Emily and she's 16. My second oldest is Brian, he's 14. Then 12 year old Jacob, who's the smartest child I've ever seen. Then there is Amelia who is 10. My forth oldest is Gavin and he is 8. Then there is Christy, who is 4. And lastly the baby girls, Lily and Daniella", Roseann finished. How ironic. I think they are my favorite.
"Wow."
"Yeah, that's why I'm so happy to get a break. Now let me give you a tour", she said and we got up. She put the papers I needed on the counter.
"This is the kitchen/dinning room", she said when we walked in the kitchen. There was a huge table with seven chairs and two high chairs and the kitchen was huge with great counter space.
"As you know this is the living room. They also like to play in here", she said and the. Walked up the steps.
"These are the bedrooms, with all there names on them. Beware there rooms are a little messy. They don't really clean there rooms when I ask. The only clean rooms are mine and the twins. This is the playroom, laundry room and the bathroom and that's pretty much it. You are welcome to as much coffee as you need by the way", she said as we walked back downstairs.
I chuckled.
"Ok I think that's it. Breakfast, Lunch, and dinner is whatever they want. And there are some bottles in the fridge. If you run out just make some more. The directions are on the back of the baby's papers again. Here's my number in case of an emergency. The baby's will be waking up very soon, oh and no peanut butter anything Christy's allergic and am I forgetting anything....."
"Roseann, just go and enjoy yourself. I can handle everything."
"Aright. Thank you sweetie so much. I hope the kids don't give you a problem", she said and grabbed her purse.
"Me too", I said and she waved and left. Not even 5 seconds before she left the baby's started crying. It's like they new she left.
I grabbed the baby's papers and went up to there room. The paper said to change there diapers first, so I did that. The paper also said that Lily was wearing purple and Daniella was wearing pink.
I finished and grabbed the two of them and went downstairs. I put them both in there swings to see if they would calm down and they go back to sleep. They did.
Then I went to the kitchen to see what was planned for today. At 1 Emily had a date with her boyfriend. At five Amelia had dance practice, and we had to go grocery shopping and do some laundry. This wasn't that bad. I got a pencil and paper to get ready to plan my day, but I was going to wait for the kids to tell me what they wanted to do.
In mean time, I made pancakes and bacon. Around 8, I was finished setting the table, cleaning the kitchen and putting the food out. That's when I think an earthquake occurred.
Just kidding, it was 8 kids all coming down the steps at one time, screaming at each other and pushing. I went over to the steps and they all stopped dead in there tracks.
"Who are you", asked a girl with her hair in a bun and pajamas. I was guessing she was Emily,
"I'm Lillian, your babysitter for the day and I would appreciate it if you guys would come down stairs quietly so the babies don't wake up", I said a little sternly.
"There still sleeping", asked a boy.
"Yes. Now I made you guys breakfast, so quietly please go eat", I said.
They all looked at me strange for a second and quietly they all went into the kitchen to eat breakfast.
"Ok so can you guys tell me your names and something you would like to do today", I said getting out my paper and pencil.
"Well I'm Emily and I really don't care what we do because I leave at 1", she said.
"Right", I said.
"I'm Brian and I would like to go on a date with you", he said and I looked at him. He was doing that eyebrow thing when you move them up and down,
"I'm sorry but I'm to old for you and I have a boyfriend", I said.
"I'm Jacob and I would like to read some books and be left alone", Jacob said.
"I'm Amelia and I would like to practice my dance routine and watch dance moms", she says.
"I'm Gavin and I want to bake something and watch food network", Gavin said.
"I'm Christy and I want to play dress up", said Christy.
"Ok I think I can plan a few things. When your done put your dishes in the sink and go get ready for today", I said and they all put there dishes in the sink, and murmuring went upstairs to get ready.
I cleaned off the table and did the dishes. Then I started making up fun things to do with the kids. I put it in my phone so when one activity was done we would know and clean up.
The first thing was to clean there rooms. They all came down stairs, dressed, and hair done besides Christy who was to little to do get hair so I had to do it. Then I started laying down the rules.
"Ok, listen up. I planned the whole day with fun things, but if your not going to cooperate with me, I'm not going to cooperate with you and you won't get to do anything fun, got it. So if you guys all listen then we're going to have a great day", I said. They all said got it and I started the first activity.
"Now that we agree that we are all going to listen and have fun here, the first fun thing is to have a contest. We are going to see who can clean there room the best in a hour and who ever wins gets 20 dollars."
All of them smiled.
"Ok time starts now", I said and they all ran up to their room to go clean.
Just in time the babies started to cry and I gave them there breakfast, two warm bottles of milk. I burped them and we went upstairs to go get them changed and ready for there day.
When I was done I put them in there play pins to play. I checked the time and screamed up the stairs 30 minutes left.
I started making a diaper bag for later full of everything we will need for the babies. Then my phone went off telling me it was time to see who had the cleanest room.
"Ok I'm coming up" I said and went to Emily's room first. It was pretty clean. She was now trying on clothes.
"Wow nice job", I said.
"Thanks", she said putting a shirt on a hanger over her body.
"You need help picking out and outfit?" I asked.
"Yeah", she said.
"Where you going?" I asked.
"Well it's my boyfriends and Is one year anniversary and we are going to a beach for a picnic", she said.
"Oo. Let me check the other rooms and then I'll come help you", I said.
"Ok", she said and I closed her door and went to the next room. It was Brian and he was doing something on his phone. His room was pretty clean too. I guess they all wanted 20 dollars.
"Good job", I said and walked out before he could finish his pick up line.
After I checked all the rooms I had to say that they were all really clean. I called them back down.
"Ok tied for first place is........Christy and Emily, but everyone else gets 15 dollars for participating. Line up if you want your money", I said and they all lined up.
.......
"Ok if your finished with your cupcakes put your plates in the sink please and then come back to the table so I can talk to you guys", I said.
They all put there plates in the sink and sat down.
"Great now let's talk. If you had fun today raise your hand", I said.
They all raised there hand.
"Good, now I need you guys to do me a favor. You guys have to write down your favorite part of your day on a piece of paper and write how you guys think I did at the whole babysitting thing", I said and handed out papers and pencils.
They all did it in about ten minutes and then waited for more directions.
"Thank you guys. Now all of you go wash your faces and brush your teeth and put on pajamas because it's bed time. If you guys hurry maybe you can watch a show on the tv for a few minutes before you have to go to bed", I said and they all ran upstairs. They got done and they all came down and watched ten minutes of the Thundermans.
"All right everyone bed", I said and got up from my chair and grabbed the babies. We all went upstairs and they all went into their rooms while I put the babies to sleep with one last bottle. They fell asleep and I shut the lights and shut the door a little. They were the best behaved babies I've ever met.
I went to each persons room and told them goodnight and said that I would come visit any time. I shut off all the lights upstairs and closed there doors.
Then I went downstairs and finished up a few chores. When I was done and I sat down in the living room and texted Harry.
LILLIAN: Hey
HARRY: Hey. What's up
LILLIAN: The sky
HARRY:😂
HARRY: When are you coming home so we can get this party started
LILLAN: I'll be home around 12
HARRY: Ok. How's it going
LILLIAN: Good. They are all sleeping and now I'm just waiting for one to make curfew. What'd you do today?
HARRY: Party planning. We went to a friends of mines birthday party for a few also
LILLIAN: Cool got to go. Someone's here. See you soon, Love you😘
HARRY: Love you
I got up and went to go answer the door. It was Emily.
"Hey", I said.
"Hey."
"Thanks for making curfew. It means a lot. Can you do me a favor and write your opinion on how good of a job of babysitting I did please", I asked.
"Of course. You did awesome. I've never see my siblings act so good before", she said and I smiled.
She grabbed a pencil and paper and wrote some things.
"Hey here's my number if you guys ever need me or if you just want to hang", I said and gave her my number.
"Definitely. Here's mine", and she handed me hers.
"Now you better get to bed missy", I said in a fake stern voice and we both laughed.
She went upstairs and I went back to the couch and watched some TV. About thirty minutes later Roseann came home.
"Wow I can't believe my house isn't burned down. It's actually cleaner then when I left", she said.
"Thanks. Everyone is in bed. Emily came home at 10:58 and I did all of the chores", I said.
"Fabulous. Wow you are really good", she said walking around.
"Thanks. How was your time off", I said.
"Great. I haven't felt this good in years. How were my children?"
"They were angels. You have great kids", I said.
"So they were good for you. I wish they were good for me. What'd you guys do", she said.
"Well we did a bunch. We did cooking competitions, we cleaned our rooms, we went out for ice cream, we went to the park, we did loads", I said.
"Wow. Now let's call Simon because I can't wait to tell him that you took care of my eight children and everything is all right", she said and got out a computer.
"Hey Simon", Said Roseann when he picked up.
"Hey Rose", he said.
"Well I have Lillian here. I just got home and let me say I think she did an outstanding job on babysitting. Nothing went wrong, by the look of these notes the kids had a blast, and my house is cleaner then when I left", she said.
"Lillian, how'd you do it", asked Simon with a curious face on.
I explained to him how I made a schedule of all the things that the kids wanted to do and how we got to the things just on time.
"Simon, she would make a great manager. She was on time for everything and everything just went well", said Roseann.
He considered it for a moment.
"As much as I hate to be wrong I was wrong. Clearly you would make a great manager for my boys. So Lillian, you are now One Directions new manager", said Simon.
"Really. Thank you so much. I won't let you down" I said with a smile.
"I hope not. You'll be doing a lot of what you did today. Scheduling, being on time, and most importantly...babysitting. Now on Friday I'm coming back into town. I want to meet you in person and I'll explain more of what you have to do. Make sure you bring the boys", he said.
"Yes sir", I said.
"Please call me Simon", he said.
"Right", I said.
"Have a good night, Roseann and Lillian", he said and hung up.
"Congrats, you deserve that job", said Roseann.
"Thanks. Well I better get going now. It's my birthday and my friends still want to celebrate", I said.
"Well all right. Happy Birthday."
"Thanks. Hey and if you ever need a babysitter and I'm not busy, I'll be more than happy to watch your kids", I said while grabbing my stuff.
"Ok. Well have a good night", said Roseann from the door.
"You too", I said and got in my car and started driving home.
I got there in 30 minutes. I walked through the door and there were balloons and banners everywhere. I put my purse on the jacket hook and went in the kitchen.
"Guys I'm back", I screamed and I heard them all come down the stairs.
"So what did Simon say?" Asked Niall immediately.
"Well all I have to say is, you better say sorry to Gerald", I said.
All the boys faces turned into a frown.
"Because you fired him!" I finished.
"What seriously!?! Your out new manager!" Screamed Harry.
"Yep. More like parent. The way he described the job is like in your mom", I said.
"So should we call you Mama", said Louie.
"No, you really shouldn't", I said,
"Oh what a glorious day. Lillian is our new manager and Lillian has a new nickname. Hip hip hurray for Mama", said Louie and I rolled my eyes as everyone else said it.
All the boys faces were smiling and happy. Then we got the party started. We ate the best cake in the world. Each layer was one of my favorite cake flavors, with a different icing that went with each later. It was hunger games themed too. It was awesome.
Then we headed over to the living room to open my gifts. The first one was from Louie and it was a new beanie. Liam got me lip gloss that smelled like candies. Zayn got me a hair kit that included a whole bunch of brushes and hair gels. Niall got my a copy of the Pizza Documentry. Harry got me two charms for my charm bracelet which was a cow and a 1D one.
"Ok this last one is from all of us. It's a birthday/ our new manager kind of present", said Harry.
Niall got up to hand me the present but it kept moving away from him. It bumped into the couch and I bent over and slid it towards my feet. I took of the lid to find two puppies.
"You got me puppies!?!" I said. They were my favorite kind. Yorkies.
"No we got you a puppy", said Harry.
"No you got me two", I said and showed him both of the puppies in my hand.
"Guys, I told you to get a puppy, not two", Harry yelled at Zayn, Niall, and Louie.
"That's not what your text says. Your text says to get two and another thing that Niall should go get from the present hiding place", said Zayn.
"Plus does it matter. Lillian loves them", said Louie.
"Ok. I guess it doesn't matter if she got two dogs. But I didn't tell you to get anything else", said Harry.
"Yes you did", said Louie.
"What?" Harry asked.
"You should know. You text it", said.
"Just tell me", he argued.
"We don't want to ruin the surprise", said Louie.
Harry groaned. Niall came out with a box. He was struggling to hold it.
He placed it in front of me. I handed the puppies off to Liam who was sitting next to me.
I took the lid off of this one and found a pig at the bottom squealing and running around in a circle. I pulled him out. It was a very light pink shade with light gray spots.
"Oh my god I love him", I said.
"You got her a pig!" Screamed Harry.
"Hey we were just following your text", said Louie.
"Guys I love them. I love all my presents", I said putting the pig on the couch.
"Don't get to happy. We're not keeping the pig", sad Harry.
"What why?" I asked.
"Cause it's a pig. It's going to get huge", he said.
"Actually it won't. It's a teacup pig so it's going to stay that small forever", said Niall.
"Whatever. It's still a pig", Harry said.
"Come on can we please keep him and everyone else?" I said turning around and giving my best puppy dog face. The boys did it too.
"Ok fine. We'll keep all if the pets as long as you guys stop doing that face", he said.
"Yay", we all shouted.
"What are we going to name them?" Asked Liam.
"Well which ones are a boy and which one is a girl", I asked.
"The pig and the darker yorkie are boys. Then the lighter yorkie is a girl", said Zayn.
"Ok", I said.
"I think we should name the boy yorkie Chewbacca because he looks like him", said Liam.
The boys all nodded in agreement.
"Ok so he is Chewbacca", I said.
"Oo I have a good name for the girl one", said Louie.
"What?" We all asked.
"We should name it after our new manager", said Louie.
"I don't want the dogs name to be Lillian", I said.
"Neither do I. I want to name it Mama", said Louie.
Everyone laughed.
"Ok so Chewbacca and Mama. What about the pig", I repeated.
Everyone sat there thinking.
"I got it. Hamlet", I said.
Everyone laughed again.
"Ok so Mama, Chewbacca, and Hamlet", said Harry.
"Yep", I said.
"Where are they going to sleep?" Asked Harry.
"They can sleep in my room", I said.
"Ok, so they sleep in your room. "Tomorrow we'll go out and buy some stuff for them", said Harry.
"Ok. Well I'm really tired so I'm going to bed now. Thank you guys so much for everything", I said.
"No problem. We'll help you bring up all your things", said Harry.
I grabbed Hamlet and a few of my gifts and walked upstairs to my room with everyone right behind me.
"I like your door. You did a nice job", said Louie.
"Thanks", I said and we walked in my room.
They put my gifts on my coffee table.
"Where do we put Chewbacca, Mama, and Hamlet", asked Niall.
I looked around my room and saw the ladder leading up to the little area above my bed.
"You can put them up there, above my bed", I said.
"Alright", said Zayn and they went on the ladder and put them on the cushion above my bed. They walked around and all sat down on the cushion,
"Well there ready for bed", I said.
"Right. Well goodnight Lil", the boys said and walked out of my room.
"Night." I said.
I went in my closet and grabbed my pjs I had on before and some underwear. I went to my bathroom and took a quick shower and brushed my teeth.
I took all my gifts I got and put them in a place where they belonged. Then I went to bed. I was folding back my sheets when I noticed a little puppy on the floor sitting.
"Hey Mama. You don't like it up there" , I asked and she wined.
"Well you can sleep here with me until we get you a bed", I told her and she hoped around on her hind legs. I grabbed Mama and turned off the lights and crawled into bed. Mama went by my feet and we both fell asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everyone meet Hamlet, Chewbacca, and Mama.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Everyone meet Hamlet, Chewbacca, and Mama