12 Flags

We woke up really early the next day to take the curlers out of our hair and to pick out outfits. Then I got dressed for school and I put my hair in a pony so it didn't get ruined. I wore a plain black shirt with a black skirt with pink roses on it. Vanessa wore a dress with strips on it and put her hair up too.
We walked to school talking about our "date" later. We were both really excited. When we reached the school we met up with Mathew.
"What are you two so happy about?" He asked.
"Well Lillian and I are.."
"Are having a girls night out later."
I shot her a death glare. I didn't want to tell Mathew just yet that we, well I had a date. I'll tell him later but not right now.
"So are we still on for studying later?"
"Yeah but at 5:45 I have to get home and do something."
"Ok."
The bell rang and Vanessa and I headed to my first class.
"Why didn't you tell him you had a date?" She asked.
"Well I don't want to ruin his day. You told me he likes me so I'm going to tell him during our studying session." I replied.
"Uh-huh, that makes perfect sense."
We both laughed and headed into our Language Arts class.
...
"So what exactly do you need help with in History?" I asked Mathew.
"Um.........I need help with.......the Mockingjay Revolution."
"Oooo my favorite. Katniss Everdeen, the mockingjay, she started the revolution. She's one of my idols."
"Huh?"
"I'll tell you more about her when we get inside."
He opened the door to the diner and we met up with my mom.
"Hey you two what are you doing here? Especially.."
I shot her a glance that said she was about to reveal to much.
"Especially since it's like 88 degrees outside. Hot for a September day. Let me go get you two a nice cold drink and some cheese fries."
We sat down at a booth in the back and I started with the Mockingjay Revolution.
"Ok it all started as an argument on who should win the games once Cato was dead...."
He took notes as I talked and we finished around 5:30. Well at least I think he was taking notes. My throat was really sore from talking and I got up to go get another drink.
"Wait Lil before you go get a drink, I want you to make sure I have all the right notes."
"Ok let me see."
He handed me his notes and my mouth dropped when I looked at the paper. It read: Lillian will you please go out with me. And then it had a smiley face on it.
"Nope these notes are very wrong."
His big cheesy smile faded into a frown.
"I'm sorry Matt, but I have a date tonight."
"Oh...."
"I'm so sorry."
"No really it's fine. It was just a joke. I mean who would want to go out with an ugly, sassy, spoiled girl like you."
Several people's heads turned.
"MY DATE WOULD THATS WHO! Whatever Mathew I'm out of here."
I got my things and before I walked to the door I said, "Maybe you should've asked me out before Harry did."
I then walked to the door and began to silently cry. Tears were sliding down my cheek and messing up my make up. I have to stop crying, but the tears kept coming. I didn't have time to redo it before the date.
I walked home thinking of dirty thoughts of Mathew. How dare he call me ugly, sassy and spoiled. What with him always like, "oh yeah my dad is head newspaper writer for the districts and I get to travel district to district." I reached my house and I saw Vanessa. She was sitting on the steps, I guess waiting for me. Vanessa saw my face and came to come comfort me,
"Lil why are you crying? What happened? Are you ok?" She said while rubbing my back.
I tried my best to stop crying and it worked a little bit. Now I was just making that annoying hiccuping thing you do after you cry.
"Yeah I'm fine...I'll te...ll you when we get...inside. I have to fix my makeup and get cha...nged.
We walked into my house after I unlocked the door. We ran up to my room to finish getting ready.
"Now tell me...What's wrong?" She cleaned my face and then got out the makeup I had on before.
"Well....I was tutoring Mathew. Then we finished and my throat hurt so I got up to go a drink. After that I was going to tell him about the date and everything. Then he stopped me before I went to go get my drink and asked me to check his notes.
"So I did and there were no notes at all, just a paper asking me to go on a date with him. I told him very nicely I already had a date and that I was sorry and I guess he got really jealous and flipped. He told me, and I quote, "It was just a joke. I mean who would want to go out with a ugly, sassy, spoiled girl like you?"
I heard Vanessa gasp.
"Wow, talk about jealousy. Well don't listen to him. You are none of those things. He's just jealous because he waited to ask out a awesome, funny, beautiful girl like you. Don't worry about what he said, especially tonight. Tonight just have fun and don't let him ruin it. Have fun with the guy who did ask you out."
"Thanks Vaness. You're the best."
"I know right. Now you better go get ready. It's 5:55."
I ran into my closet and got on my clothes that I picked out for my date this morning. I wore short shorts, a tank top that had flowers on it, and short boots with heels. I didn't want to look to fancy. I mean we were just going to 12 flags. I looked in the mirror and I was really happy with my appearance.
I walked out and grabbed my purse. I put some money, my phone and a Chapstick in it. I looked at Vanessa and she was all done too. Unlike me she had her hair down. She wore short shorts, a turquoise crop top and white vans. Her make up was very light and she seemed really excited.
"You ready", I asked.
"I was born ready."
I laugh.
"Oh and please don't faint. Act casual please."
"Casual is my middle name." We both laughed.
"Whose your favorite anyway?"
"I like Liam."
"Ok, also don't ask for their autograph until later please."
"Uhh fine."
*Ding! Dong!*
We ran to the door. When we were at the bottom of the steps we acted cool like we didn't even care. I put my hand on the knob and before I opened the door I said, "Remember, don't faint."
Vanessa rolled her eyes and I opened the door. There he was. I heard Vanessa take a deep breath.
"Hey," I said.
"Hey. Nice to see you again," said Harry and I chuckled a little. Then I introduced Vanessa.
"Harry, this is Vanessa, my best friend. Vanessa, this is Harry...my um......friend."
"Hi, nice to meet you," said Harry.
"Hi", said a mouse.
"Let me guess your a big fan?"
"Big is a under statement," I mumbled. I saw him smile really big.
"Uh-huh, huge." She said recovering and talking normal. I don't think she heard my comment. It's better if she doesn't.
"Whose your favorite?" asked Harry.
"Liam."
"Well would you like to sit next to him?"
"Um sure, but can I sit next to Lillian too?"
"Yeah I think that can be arranged."
She smiled and he said, "Shall we go then."
"I think we shall," I said and he smiled again.
"Wait I need to lock the door, you two go," I said.
"Ok," replied Harry.
They left and went to the black van parked I front of my house. I ran upstairs and got my keys. I locked the door and then turned around. He was literally right in my face when I turned around. I took a step back and said,"Um sir, you can leave the package by the door. I have to go, I don't want to keep my date waiting."
I smiled a sarcastic smile and looked at the shocked face on Mathew. I ran to the car and hopped in.
There were four seats in the back, two in the middle, and two in the front. I sat next to Harry and Vanessa in the back. Niall and Zayn sat in the two seats in the middle and Louis drove. I wonder why nobody sat in the front by Louis, hmm.
There was absolute silence for at least 30 minutes of the ride. Then Liam spoke up and started some conversation.
"Soo, how was your day?"
Everyone started laughing.
"So, how're you liking 12?" Asks Vanessa.
"Best District so far. The fans are great," said Louis.
"Louie, pay attention to the road. We don't want another accident again. Especially with the ladies here," said Zayn.
Everyone laughed again. So that's why nobody say in the front. Nobody wanted to die. Conversation kept going for the rest of the car ride and I started feeling more comfortable around them. It was like hanging out with any of my friends. Vanessa seemed to act normal again, and was not that nervous. I could tell this was going to be fun.
Once we got past the security and paid we stopped and maid a plan. We were going to go on a few roller coasters, then go play a few games, then lastly we were going to a restaurant to eat. We headed to the first roller coaster which was The Batman.
...(last game before they leave to eat)...
We walked through the carnival games looking for good prizes. Then I saw it. The cutest, most furriest, biggest stuffed cow I've ever seen. Well it wasn't the biggest, like the perfect size.
"You want the cow?" asked Harry.
"Uh...I'm sorry what did you say?" I zoned out but I was back now.
"Do you want the cow?" He said again more slowly and I understood what he ment.
"Yeah how did you know? Was it that obvious?" I asked with a big grin on my face.
"Yeah. I mean you stopped walking and you were staring at it so, I took a wild guess", he said.
We told the everyone to meet us near the food quart which wasn't that far away. Then we walked up to the game. You had to pop three balloons if you wanted a prize like that. Harry paid to go up. He was like some kind of pro, he hit three and the lady asked what he wanted as a prize.
"I'll take the cow please, thank you."
He handed me the cow and I gave it a squeeze.
"Thank you, I love it!"
"Your welcome. If you don't mind me asking but why did you want the cow so much?"
"Oh, well a cow is my favorite animal..."
"Hold on, your favorite animal is a cow?"
"Yes."
"Why?"
"Why wouldn't you want a cow as your favorite animal?" I said and he laughed. "Why what's your favorite animal?"
"A turtle", he said.
"A turtle? And you asked me why I love cows, why do you love turtles?"
We both started laughing.
"What are you going to name your cow?"
"I think I'll name it.......Harry. After the cute boy who got him for me."
OMG I just called him cute out loud!
"You think I'm cute?"
Well there's no point in lying. I'm a horrible lier.
"Yeah."
"I think you're cute too."
I blushed and looked down. We finally reached the eating area and I went to go show Vanessa my cow while Harry talked to the boys.
"Look what Harry got me!"
"Oh my gosh it's so cute. He won that for you that's so romantic."
"Really, so what have you been doing?"
"Nothing just talking with the boys. Hanging out you know,the ushe." She says.
"Ok so exactly when did you start saying 'the ushe'. Are you hiding something?"
"Uhh, no?"
Harry's POV
We reached the end of the games and Lillian went to go show Vanessa the cow. Then the boys swarmed in on me.
"So, what did you guys do?" asked Liam.
"Nosey much," I replied.
"Come on tell us," whined Louie.
"I won her a stuffed cow," said bluntly.
"Awe Harry," Louie mocks and I roll my eyes.
"Well, did you kiss her or anything?" asked Zayn.
"No."
"Then why was she blushing?" Niall asks.
"It's a long story...let's just say I called her cute," I said not wanting to tell him the whole thing.
"Oh, so are you going to kiss her?"
asked Niall.
"No Niall. We just met."
"Well at the very least are you going to tell her you like her or ask her out again in PERSON!" Says Louie.
"No! I'm just going to take things slow. Plus I don't even know if she likes me like that. Why are you guys being so nosy?!?"
"We know you feel lonely since your the only one who doesn't have a girl friend, we just want this to work for you." Said Liam.
"Well I can handle it. I don't want to rush anything."
"Please Harry. We know you much better than that. Just let us help you," said Niall.
"No. I can handle everything. Remember I didn't come barging into any of your love lives," I said trying to shoo them out of my business.
"Fine be that way. Well just have to take matters into our own hands. On with plan B," said Louie.
"What is plan B?"
"You'll find out soon enough," Adds Zayn.
Great, this is going to be a disaster. They're going to ruin everything.
Lillian's POV
I could tell Vanessa was hiding something. She usually plays with her hair, and she was fighting the urge to twirl it in her fingers.
Right when I was about to ask what she was hiding again the boys came over.
"Hey girls. I'm hungry and I can't wait any longer for food so I was wondering if you would like to just eat here?" Said Niall.
I looked at Vanessa and she gave a tiny nod.
"Yeah that's fine with us," I said.
"Great!"
Then we started walking to the stands where they had food. I saw Niall give Vanessa a thumbs up . I made eye contact with him and he ran back up to Louis.
I then asked Vanessa what he gave her a thumbs up for.
"Come on we're best friends you can tell me. Why did he give you the thumbs up?"
"No reason. Come on Lil you hung out with him all day, you know he's weird. Matter of fact they're all weird."
"Not all of them. Harry's normal, and sweet, and really fun, wait that's not the point what are you hiding from me!"
"Noth......"
"Hey can I borrow Lillian for a sec, thanks," said Harry.
He pulled my arm and I was forced to follow. When we stopped I tripped and fell on him. Awkward.
"I'm sorry", I said as he helped me up and straightened my clothes out.
"Don't be it was my fault. Any way, I think the boys are....ahhhh!"
Zayn had dog piled on top of Harry. He screamed, "Vas happenin' Selene!?!" and I started laughing and you could tell Harry was trying to be serious.
"Haha very funny, now get off of me!" Harry screamed.
I laughed harder and I heard Harry mumble to Zayn that I had a cute laugh. Awwww. Zayn started pulling Harry towards Louis and I walked back to Vanessa.
She was texting someone.
"Hey who are you texting?"
"Oh I'm texting my mom. I'm telling her I'm ok and stuff like that."
"Uh huh. So anyway what are you going to order?" I said as we reached the picnic areas and looked at all the types of foods the sold.
"You just want to get hamburgers and some fries?" Asked Vanessa.
"Yeah sounds good", I replied.
We told the boys what line we were going in and then we hoped on line. About five minutes later it was our turn to order. I ordered a hamburger with mayo, lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and a side of waffle fries. Vanessa got the same thing except she didn't have any cheese. We chose a table and then waited the boys to come back from the fried food line.
About 10 minutes later they found us and sat down with us. They had at least eight trays in their hands.
"Why do you have so much food?" I asked.
"Well, we each have our one tray and Niall eats a lot so he has the extra three", said Liam.
"Ok, that makes sense," I said rolling my eyes.
We began to eat and nobody really talked because we were busy all eating.
"Ok, it's way too quiet how about we play a game? Anyone have any suggestions?" Said Louis.
"Umm...how about we play Truth or Dare?" Said Vanessa.
I looked at her with a questioned look. She usually never likes to play this game.
"NO!" Screamed Harry.
"How about we take a group vote Harry, hmmm. All in favor of playing truth or dare raise your hand."
Liam, Niall, Zayn, Louis, and Vanessa raised their hands.
"Great," said Louis.
"Wait, but look at the time. It's almost 11 and there's a hour drive ahead of us." Said Harry.
"Alright so we'll play until we finish our food and then we will go," said Liam.
"I want to go first!" Yelled Vanessa.
"Lillian, truth or dare?"
Yay, I get to go first. I stuffed the rest of my hamburger in my mouth and made a pointing motion to all the food in my mouth and shrugged. They all laughed.
"Alright we'll just wait until your done chewing then," said Vanessa.
I chewed very slowly and watched while everyone ate. Sadly I had no more food in my mouth and it was my turn again.
"Alright, Lillian, truth or dare?" Asked Vanessa.
I groaned and said,"Truth."
"Ok.....is it the truth that.....hmmmm.....that you like Harry?"
I smiled and said,"Truth." very quietly.
"I'm sorry I couldn't hear you what did you say?" Asked Zayn.
"Truth," yelled at him.
I saw Harry scowl at Zayn.
"Alright my turn. Harry truth or dare, ok dare. I dare you to kiss Lillian.", Said Louis.
Harry's mouth dropped and my mind went blank.
"But why should I, I didn't even want to pick dare!?!"
"So you're saying you don't want to kiss Lillian." Said Louis.
I guess Harry felt bad and gave me a quick kiss on the mouth.
"OK. MY TURN....", screamed Harry.
"Actually I think we're all done Harry, but maybe next time," said Zayn with a evil smile on his face.
We walked over to the trash can and threw all of our stuff away. I picked up my cow and went to have a quick chat with Vanessa before we got into the car.
"What was that for?" Speaking for the first time since Harry kissed me.
"I'm so so so sorry. I didn't really want to do it. They said if I didn't help they were going to get me too. Hey remember the time you went all brother bear on Zach, well now we're even," she said.
"Ok, fine we're even", I replied looking at her puppy eye face. She was really hard to stay mad at.
"Sooooo.."
"Don't even ask," I said reading her mind. She was going to ask how the kiss was.
We exited the park and the Louis threw the keys to Harry.
"You're driving. I call middle row with Liam and everyone else in the back besides Lillian. She can sit in the front with Harry.
Before we could object, they ran to the car besides Vanessa who was forgiven and was walking with me to the car.
We hopped in the car and I just looked out the window not joining in on any of the conversation.
After a while you could here the soft snores of Liam and Niall. There snoring made me yawn and I laid my head on the window and fell asleep.
I felt a soft shake on my arm and I turned around to see Harry. I guess Vanessa left because when I turned around she wasn't there.
"Hey we're at your house. Come on I'll walk you in."
I grabbed Harry the cow and my purse and got out of the car. We walked up to the stairs of my house and on my porch he started talking.
"Hey I'm sorry about earlier. The boys were, well just being them. I understand if you don't want to hang out again," he said looking to the ground.
"It's fine really, I understand. And hey! I would love to hang out again. I had a really good time."
"Really?"
"Really. Maybe next time we could just hang out just you and me. Not because I don't like the boys or anything, but I just think it would just be better with you and me."
"Yeah. I agree."
"Hey, text me, ok?"
"Definitely. Well good night Lillian," he said.
"Goodnight Harry."
I watched him leave my porch but when he reached the steps I said, "Wait Harry."
He turned around and I walked over to him.
"Hey you forgot something," I said. I really needed to stop talking. I could sense something bad was going to happen.
"What did I forget?"
"This", and I kissed him in the cheek.
"Well goodnight Harry. See you later."
I ran into the house which was unlocked, which ment my mom was home. I assumed she was sleeping because when I walked in all the lights were off. I ran up to my bedroom and got into my pajamas. Then I laid in my bed.
(Back when to Harry got back into the car)
"So how was it?" Asked Louie when I got into the drivers seat. All the boys were huddled around my seat waiting for me to reply.
"That's none of your business stalkers. Plus it was a kiss on the cheek. Nothing to special," I replied. I was mad at them but I wasn't at the same time.
"Sure I bet inside you were like 'woo-hoo!'" Zany says.
"Hey it wasn't our fault. We just wanted you to be happy", said Niall.
"Whatever, I'll get over it." I said as I drove back towards our temporary home.
"Are you mad at us?"
"Not as mad as before, so no not really," I replied.
"Good," said Liam.
"So.....Harry when's our next date with Lillian," said Louie.
We all started laughing. It's very hard to stay mad at these guys.