The Sleepover

"Alright girls, I'm going to order pizza and if you need me I will be in the living room," said my mom.
"Ok we'll be upstairs."
We ran upstairs to my room and slammed the door and we both sat on my nice comfortable bed.
"Ok tell me everything," said Vanessa.
"Ok, so mom told me to deliver some soup to this old guy by this table of cute teenage boys. I gave the guy his food and on my way back the five guys launched tomato sauce and a giant cheesecake at me. Then the one named Harry apologized and then they all apologized and then Harry said he felt bad and gave me his sweatshirt. Then when we were outside I felt a piece of paper in the pocket and it was his phone number."
"Wait the guy's name was Harry? This doesn't have anything to do with Harry Styles, does it?" She said.
"Um, maybe. Why?"
"What was his friends names?"
"Um..... Louis, Zayn, Niall and I think Liam."
"OMG, Lil a boy from On Direction is in love with you!"
"Wait isn't one direction that boy band you love?"
"Uh huh!"
"What are they doing in 12?" I ask.
"They're on tour." She says like it was an obvious answer.
"Woah."
"Wow major score Lil."
"Vaness really. Should I call him."
"I can't believe that you were actually thinking about turning down Harry Styles! You have to call him or at least text him!"
"But he's like super famous and I live in a tiny town here, of all places. It doesn't seem a little ridiculous?" I ask.
"Well I mean, he gave you his number. It's not like you stalked him or anything. You should do, it and see how it all turns out. You never know, he could end up being your sole mate," she tells me and I think about it.
"Ok. Okay, I'll text him, but after I eat pizza."
"GIRLS PIZZAS HERE!" Shouted my mom.
"Well I guess that won't be very long will it." Said Vanessa and I rolled my eyes at her.
We headed downstairs for some pizza. Vanessa ate two pieces and I ate like four hoping to avoid texting Harry, but Vanessa made me stop at the beginning of my fifth slice and dragged me upstairs.
"Wait Vaness, what if this does work out? He probably lives in thirteen and I live and twelve. How're we going to see each other?" I ask.
"You just have to go for it. Don't worry about it, live in the now." She states placing a hand in my shoulder.
"That doesn't even make sense. I just don't know."
"Ok ok. Here let me help you with your decision. Text him or I tell Matthew that you love him."
"Ok where's my phone."
She laughed and handed me my phone. I typed in my password and went to my contacts. I pressed the little plus sign to add a new contact and typed in Harry. I typed in his phone number and began to text him.
LILLIAN: Hey its Lillian. The from the diner you met earlier.😀
I read it out loud and she came and sat next to me look at the screen of my phone.
HARRY: Hey. I wouldn't think you would reply.
My mouth dropped open and Vanessa fell back on my bed with a fit of giggles.
"Vaness, how do I reply to that?"
"Um just say I honestly didn't think I would reply either."
I took her advice. She was good at this kind of thing. She's probably dated most of the boys in our school.
HARRY: 😂 You're funny. Hey I was just wondering if maybe you would like to meet up tomorrow. You know hang out.
"OMG Vanessa he kind of just asked me out!"
"SAY YES! SAY YES! SAY YES!"
"Ok."
LILLIAN: Yeah sure I would love to. Where would you like to go?
HARRY: Um, me and my friends were actually going to Twelve Flags tomorrow. They don't have one in District Thirteen, because you know it's called twelve flags, and we wanted to go. My friends are ok with it if you and a friend come.
LILLIAN: Ok great what time. I'm actually tutoring someone at five tomorrow.
HARRY: Mm k I'll pick you up at six
LILLIAN: Alright great can't wait and by the way my friend Vanessa is coming.
HARRY: Cool. Can't wait to see you tomorrow😀
LILLIAN: Neither can I
"Vanessa, did I get you a birthday gift?"
"Kinda. You have me a gift card to a spa."
"Well consider what I'm about to tell you a birthday gift."
"What?"
"You are coming to twelve flags with me and One Direction tomorrow!"
She screamed a really high pitched scream and gave me a really tight squeeze.
"Girls what are you screaming about?" My mom asked.
"LILLIAN HAS A BOYFRIEND AND I GET TO MEET ONE DIRECTION!"
"May I have an explanation?"
We told her all about our bet and how I found the number in my pocket. Overall she didn't seem like I thought she was going to be. She seemed utterly excited.
"Ok well we better get started on your make overs for your dates tomorrow right?"
We both smiled. I loved my mom. She was my everything and I loved especially in these moments. She's so cool and independent. She's been my model ever since my dad died 12 years ago. She's the strongest women I know.
For the rest of the night we gave each other makeovers and had a fun night before we all fell asleep watching Twilight. Tomorrow I get to go on my very first date with a very cute boy.