The Unexpected Visitor

I took the thermometer of Harry's forehead and checked the temperature.
"Alright you guys are no longer sick!" I shouted and the boys all cheered.
"This calls for a celebration! Lillian go get ice cream from the store!" Louie shouted.
"What do I look like your servant?", I asked.
"Pleaseeee", the boys all begged.
"Fine. What kind?" I asked getting my keys. I had to get more ice cream anyway because these boys eat it by the tons. I barely ever get some whenever we do have it.
"Well you should get mint for Harry, chocolate for Liam, Vanilla for Louie, Popcorn for Zayn and Rasberry for me", Niall said.
"That's a lot of ice cream and they don't have Popcorn or Raspberry in the grocery store near us", I said.
"Just get pints then", Harry said.
"Yeah and don't you want to celebrate us not being sick anymore", Liam said with a pouty face.
"Alright. Fine", I said.
"Oh and the girls are coming over so get birthday cake also", Zayn said.
"Why don't we add whip cream, sprinkles, nuts, and syrup and make it an ice cream sundae bar ", I said sarcastically.
"Good idea. Don't forget the cherries", Harry said and I rolled my eyes. I grabbed some money and left. I can't believe we're having an ice cream party just because they aren't sick anymore. You're sick for a week and two days, and  you want to have an ice cream party.
I drove to the grocery store that was halfway across town. There I found everything I needed except one thing. Popcorn ice cream. I walked over to a guy who worked here. Maybe I was just missing it some where.
"Excuse me do you guys have anymore Popcorn ice cream?" I asked.
"Um.....no. We just sold out this morning, but if you want it there's a store about an hour and a half away from here where you can get some", he said in a strangely deep voice.
"Alright thank you", I told him and went to go call Harry.
"Hey", I said kind of quietly not wanting to interrupt anyone's piece.
"Hi. What's up?" He asked.
"Well they don't have popcorn ice cream here."
"What store are you at?" He asked.
"The one by that gym all away across town", I answered.
"Well did you try the one by Simon's office?"
"No! That's like two hours away!"
"Well let me ask Zayn what he wants", Harry said and I couldn't here anything.
"Zayn wants to talk to you", Harry said and I could here the phone being passed off.
"Hey", I said again.
"Hi. Can you please go get the ice cream. Every time I get it Niall eats it. Please." Zayn begged.
"Niall hates popcorn ice cream", I answered flatly.
"Oh so what you're saying is that you hate me", Zayn answered in a fake offensive tone.
"That's not what I'm saying....."
"No no I get it. You love Harry the best."
"He's my boyfriend."
"That's cool. I'll remember that the next time you want me to not mention your new hairstyle. I wonder what will be next. Red, blue, purple, white......"
"Alright fine. I'll go get you your stupid ice cream", I said and hung up.
I left my cart in the middle of the isle and went back to my car to go drive two hours to go get pints of ice cream and toppings.
When I finally got there I went straight to the ice cream isle and got all the flavors. Mint for Harry, Chocolate for Liam, Vanilla for Louie, Raspberry for Niall, popcorn for Zayn, a huge thing of Birthday cake for the girls, and my favorite, a tub rainbow ice cream. They didn't have any in a pint size.
Then I went around the store looking for all the toppings the boys liked. Whipped cream (I got like seven of those since the boys and I like to eat it whole), nuts, sprinkles, chocolate syrup and caramel. I paid with the money I got from Louie's wallet since he always leaves it on the counter. I also bought me a pack of bubble gum since I traveled two hours for ice cream and I deserved it.
I left and tried to get home as soon as I could so the ice cream didn't melt. After the long two hour ride I reached the house. The ice cream was a little melted but I mean who cares. Probably Princess Eleanor just she could start something.
I unlocked the door and walked in. No one was in the living room but I could here talking so they were probably in the kitchen.
"Hey guys", I said putting all the ice cream on the counter.
"Hey Lillian", a voice said that I recognized. It was so familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. I turned around.
"Oh hey Vanessa", I said taking out a tub of birthday cake ice cream.
"Wait.....Vanessa?!?" I asked smiling. She got off her chair to come give me a hug.
"Oh my gosh. What are you doing here?" I asked.
"The boys flew me in so we could spend our Halloween together", she said pulling apart from the hug. She looked just the same. I wonder what I must look like for her. I turned towards the boys.
"You guys did this?" I asked smiling.
"No Harry did. He thought of how you guys were going to spend your first Halloween apart and so he had the idea of flying Vanessa in", Louie said.
"Awe thank you Hazza", I said giving him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.
"Your welcome. So now that I did something nice for you can you please stop calling me that?" He asked.
"Hmmm......why not. You got your self a deal Harold", I said.
"My first name isn't really Harold though. It's Harry", he said.
"I'll have to ask your home about that one, but until then if I can't call you Hazza I'm going to call you Harold", I said.
"That doesn't make sense but your not calling me Hazza so ok", Harry said and we all laughed for some reason.
"So how long are you going to be here?" I asked Vanessa.
"Until November first", she said.
"So a month. Yay. I guess I have an assistant now for work. Where are the girls?" I asked.
"They should be here soon. We have to discuss what we're going to be for Halloween since we're all going as a group", Niall said.
"Did you call Nikki?" I asked.
"Yes. She said she was helping her brother with something and she'd be here around 3", Zayn said.
"Who's Nikki", Vanessa asked.
"Oh she's the girl who's been replacing you since Lillian moved here", Liam said and we all turned around and looked at him.
"What she is", he said again.
"No she isn't replacing anybody. They're both my best friends", I said.
"Well I can't wait to meet her", Vanessa said all innocent. Right now she's to innocent and I really want to warn her about the kind of girl Nikki is but Louie interrupts.
"So back to the girls. Can you and Eleanor not fight?" Louie asked.
"Um.....I don't think that's going to happen. Not unless Eleanor has recently decided to stop talking", I said.
"Why don't you two like each other", Louie asked.
"I like her", I started and all the boys gave me a look and Vanessa laughed.
"Ok so I don't like her." I said.
"No really?" Asked Zayn sarcastically. I scolded him.
"But why?" Louie asked.
"I don't know. Maybe because she insulted my mom, almost killed me, insulted Nikki, insulted me, insulted Nikki's mom and I think that's it", I said pretending to think really hard about it.
"Don't forget the time she told me off", Vanessa said.
"Ok yeah and that", I said.
"So those are really good reasons but I'm sure she didn't mean to start the war. She was just speaking her mind", Louie said.
"Well maybe she should learn to not speak her mind out loud. Yeah once she learns how to do that we can be friends", I said. Louie frowned.
"Can you please try and be nice to her. It would mean a lot for us not to have to listen to it", Harry said. They all looked up at me with these eyes that burned my sole.
"Ok fine. I won't start anything, but if she really tics me off or says anything mean to Nikki or Vanessa she's going to get burned hard.
"Thank you", Louie said smiling.
There was a knock at the door and Niall went to go answer it.
"Speak of the devil", I mumbled and Harry gave me this look. Vanessa laughed and we started taking out the probably melted ice cream.
I was putting away some whipped cream when Liam came over.
"Hey can I talk to you?" Liam asked.
"Sure why not", I said and went over to a corner where nobody was.
"So what do you need?" I asked.
"Nothing. I just would like to let you know that Vanessa is going to play my pretend girlfriend for the time she's here", he said.
"But you can't have a girlfriend. Remember the boys", I said.
"True. So she'll just play flirty with me. Let me go tell her that", he said and went over to the counter.
"So you took my advice on your red hair and made it ombré. That's not what I meant but at least you don't look like an apple head. But honestly why did you dye your hair in the first place? It was such a pretty color brown, and now your hair looks like.....that", Eleanor said. It took all I had not to say anything mean back. I promised the boys I wouldn't say anything unless she really ticked me of and her comment wasn't that bad. I just really wanted to say something back to make it even. I started playing around with my bracelet.
"Well I like it", Perrie said and I smiled. But that didn't really help since her hair was like a light purple color.
"Yeah me too. But why did you dye it in the first place?" Asked Ali.
"Oh, well I lost a bet to Nikki both times. Well I would've one the second if Louie didn't cheat on judging",
I said and the girls laughed, besides Eleanor. She's such a stick on the mud.
"Is Nikki that color haired freak. Yeah that would make a lot of sense", Eleanor said and I again did everything I could to ignore her comment.
"How about we eat the ice cream now?" Asked Niall.
"Ok. Grab what ever you want but the rainbow one is for Nikki, Vanessa, and I", I said and the boys went after the pints of ice cream and put them in bowls. I gave the girls an ice cream scooper and then went to go answer the knock at the door. It was Nikki in her orange hair for October.
"Hey Nik. You came just in time. We're eating ice cream", I said and she walked in. She saw Vanessa.
"Who's that", she whispered in my ear.
"She's a friend from 12. Her names Vanessa", I said.
"Ok so she has nothing to do with Liam?" She asked.
"Well I wouldn't say that. I know Vanessa likes him and I think Liam likes her too", I said playing along with Liam.
"Oh", she replied.
"Your not going to get jealous are you?" I asked.
"No. Nikki don't get jelly", she said and walked over to where everyone was eating ice cream. I smiled and followed her.
We served ourselves some rainbow ice cream with some and started eating. I started talking to Vanessa a lot. While I was talking I realized that I was ignoring Nikki and I felt bad.
"So what are we all going to be for Halloween as a group?" Asked Ali.
"I don't know. I really don't care either as long as it's something reasonable", I said.
"Then how about we write down on a piece of paper what we want to be and then you pick the best one", she said and I agreed.
Louie got up and got pencils and paper and handed out to everyone. I turned around so I couldn't tell who picked what thing and waited until they were done.
"Alright. You can turn around", Louie said and I did.
There were ten folded piece of paper all in a bowl ready for me to choose. I picked up the first one and read it aloud.
"Super heroes", I said and put it next to the bowl.
"Animals", I read and put it in the pile of the ones I already read.
"Hunger Games characters." I knew who write this one. It was obviously Harry.
"Carrots?" That was Louie.
"Hair Products. Where did you guys get these ideas from?" I asked and they laughed.
"Sponge Bob characters. Old people. That's interesting. Um, Disney Princesses and princes. Minions. And Ghostbusters." I finished.
"Ok now pick your favorite", Louie said.
I thought the hunger games one was a good idea but then there going to think that I picked that one because Harry wrote it down. My next two favorites were old people and the Disney princess one.
"Ok it's a tie between the Disney Princesses and Princes or Old people. So you guys pick", I said.
"Ok all in favor of being old people raise your hand", Liam said.
All the boys raised there hands.
"All in favor of being Disney Princesses", he said and I raised my hand with the girls.
"Well then we're going to be Disney Princesses and Princes", Liam said.
"Yay", the boys said sarcastically and we laughed.
"So who's going to be who?" Asked Nikki.
"Well let's see. We should pick them based on what we look like", Vanessa said.
"I think Eleanor should be", I started and the boys gave me this look, but I ignored it. I know what I'm doing.
"I think Eleanor should be Jasmine", I said and the boys looked relieved.
"Yeah she'll be perfect", Ali said.
"That means Lou's Aladdin", Harry said laughing a little.
"Well whatever Lillian is you have to be the prince to", Louie said.
"Yeah. I think Lillian would be a good sleeping beauty", Eleanor said. I think that's the first nice thing she's ever said to me.
"That means Harry is Prince Phillip", said Vanessa. Harry slumped back down into his chair and didn't really say anything else after that. Louie stuck his tongue out at him.
"Ok so that leaves Nikki, Vanessa, Perrie, and me", Ali said.
"I think Vanessa would be a good Cinderella. She's the only one with all blonde hair", I said.
"Yeah but she needs a prince", Nikki said.
"Oh I'll be her prince", Liam volunteered. Liam and Vanessa stared at each other for a second.
"Alright. That's settled. What about me and Zayn?" Asked Perrie.
"Ummmm............how about you be a purple Snow White", Nikki said. She was showing no signs of jealousy from Vanessa and Liam being Cinderella and Prince Charming.
"Alright that leaves me and Nikki", Ali said.
"Ok.....Nikki should be that girl with orange hair from Scotland that turned her mom into a bear", Eleanor said.
"Oh yeah. Cause your hair is orange this month and then we can just curl it", I said.
"What's her name", Nikki asked.
"Merrida", Vanessa told her.
"Cool. Now all we have to figure out is Ali", Perrie said.
"How about Belle from Beauty and the Beast", Ali suggested.
"Alright then it's covered Ali and Niall are Beauty and the Beast, Lillian and Harry are Sleeping Beauty and Prince Phillip, Louie and Eleanor are Jasmine and Aladdin, Zayn and Perrie are Purple Snow White and her Prince, Niall and I are Beauty and the Beast and Nikki's Marrida", Ali said.
"Yeah I can't wait", Zayn said sarcastically.
"Now can we please stop talking about this and have some whip cream", Louie said. I rolled my eyes and got out the extra cans of whipped cream and gave one to the boys and I kept mine.
"You guys eat that like that", Eleanor asked.
"You've never had whipped cream out of a can before?" Asked Nikki.
"No. Not really." She replied.
"Here. Open your mouth", I said and shook the bottle. I opened it and put some in her mouth. Since I was reaching over the counter my arm moved and I missed her mouth. It was above her lip and it looked like she was wearing a mustache.
We all started laughing. Eleanor swallowed all the whip cream in her mouth and then asked why we were all laughing.
"You got a little something one your lip", Nikki said in between laughs.
She put her hand to her upper lip and touched the whipped cream.
"You", she said pointing sat me. I started laughing harder. It's really hard to take someone serious when there's whipped cream smeared on someone's upper lip.
"Yes?" I asked.
"Why would you do this?" She asked.
"It was an accident. I'm not that tall and I was trying to reach you from across the counter", I said still laughing.
"Oh really?" She said and grabbed Louie's bottle of whipped cream bottle and came over to me. I got up and grabbed my whipped cream bottle and ran to go hide behind Harry. Everyone was silent and it was kind of weird. She squirted it and I pulled Harry in front of me.
He had whipped cream all over his face. I took mine and aimed at her face but she pulled Louie in front of her. They both looked really funny. I saw Niall stick his finger in some of it on Harry's and eat it. Then she took her chance. She put it all in my face and all in my hair. Then she took my bottle so I couldn't do it to her.
I took it all off my face and smeared it into whatever shirt she was wearing. How you like me now princess.
"Ladies this is not the proper use of whipped cream", Niall said reaching for the giant puff of whip cream on my head, but I gave him this look that said don't you dare and he sat back down.
"You ruined my shirt! This costs more then your pay chevk!" She yelled. Why would she get a shirt for 97 thousand. It's either she's really stupid or she doesn't know how much I get payed.
"You ruined my hair", I said calmly.
"Well I was  just doing you a favor! Your hair needed some moisture", she said.
"Oh and like your hair doesn't need it", I told her.
"How dare you! My hair is so much better than yours!" She said.
"Yeah yeah whatever princess", I said.
"I am not a Princess!" She yelled.
"Ok Lillian why don't you go clean up. Same with you Eleanor. You can use the bathroom upstairs", Harry said.
I squirted more whip cream at him and then put it on the counter. I went upstairs and I think Nikki and Vanessa followed me because I heard footsteps following me to my room.
"Oh my god. This is your room?" Vanessa asked in awe.
"Yep. Now how do I get this out of my hair", I said taking as much as I could with my hands.
"Just wash it out. Then condition it", Nikki said.
"Yeah. Are you into Cosmetics?" Vanessa asked Nikki. She was trying to be nice.
"No. I'm a song writer. Now excuse me I have to go help my best friend wash her hair", Nikki said. Uh oh. Vanessa stood there and didn't move. I felt bad and wanted to say something but I was rinsing cream out of my hair. I cleaned it and conditioned it. I brushed my hair and then went to go change my outfit. It had whipped cream stains all over it.
"Vaness you want to come pick out an outfit for me?" I asked and she lit up.
"Yeah", she said and came over to my closet.
"Wow this is huge", she said looking around it.
"Yep. So what should I wear?" I asked her and she got to work. Nikki was at the door way. She rolled her eyes and went out. I wonder what was her problem.
"Ok how about these shorts with tights underneath, this white shirt with the purple flannel over it, and these short boots with heals", she said.
"Alright, now out so I can get changed", I told her and she went out of my closet.
I put on the clothes and checked myself out in the full body mirror. Vanessa did a great job. I was about to walk out when I heard Nikki and Vanessa talking so I decided to eavesdrop.
"So, how long have you and Lillian been friends?" Vanessa asked.
"Probably longer then you have", replied Nikki in her cool attitudy voice.
"Well I've known her since pre school", Vanessa said.
"Wow. Hold on let me put on my face like I care. Ok now, let me get this straight for you sweet cheeks, Liam is off limits and so is Lillian. She's my best friend and your just the girl she left behind", Nikki said. I've never heard her sound so....mean before. At least not since Louie ticked her off in July.
"One that's just rude. Two, Liam doesn't have a girlfriend so that makes him available to anyone. You can't just tell me he's off limits. And three, Lillian is both of our best friends and she didn't leave me behind. We text all the time and I'm here visiting her so, yeah", Vanessa said.
"Whatever. Just stay away from me", Nikki said and walked out of the room. I decided it was the right time to walk out of the closet now and went to go join Vanessa on the couch.
"What the heck is her problem!?!" Vanessa asked.
"I don't know. She never really acts like this. Please believe me, she is really nice so just try and kill her with kindness", I said.
"Sure I'll try. Guess what! She likes Liam!" She said all happy.
"Yeah I know", I said not surprised.
"What do you mean you know?" She asked.
"I've known the whole time but I promised Nikki that I wouldn't tell anyone so please don't tell Liam she likes him. It will only make things worse", I said.
"Fine. I'll just tell him I didn't figure anything out", she said.
"Good. So your ok with pretending to be in love with Liam?" I asked.
"Yeah. I have a new crush", she said.
"Oo. Tell me all about it", I said. She blushed.
"How about we'll catch up once everyone leaves. We'll have a sleep over", she said.
"We'll be having a sleepover for a month", I said.
"True. I'll just tell you later then. Now let's go downstairs", she said and I followed her down the steps.
"Hey why was Nikki all upset?" Liam asked when we got down.
"Oh, I don't know", I lied.
"Hmph", he said.
I grabbed a can of whipped cream and went to go sit next to Harry on the mini couch.
"You better not squirt me again", he said.
"I make no promises", I say putting some in my mouth and then pretending  to spray it on him and he flinched. I laughed and he shook his head no and smiled.
"You want some?" I asked him.
"Sure", he replied and opened his mouth. I put some in and took more for myself.
Vanessa and Liam were talking in a corner probably about Nikki. Eleanor was sitting with Louie, Niall with Ali, and Perrie with Zayn. Eleanor wouldn't even look at me. She just watched whatever was on the TV which was this reality show of a single mom with eight kids.
I watched too. About five hours later, of talking and watching movies and tv, the girls left and Vanessa and I went upstairs to bond.
"So what's up?" I asked her.
"Well I'm going to a beauty school. I wanna do make up and stuff professionally. You know, do it for stars  and stuff", she said.
"That's cool. You'll be really good at that", I said.
"What about you. What are you doing?" She asked putting a chip in her mouth.
"Well I'm there manager", I said.
"How'd you get that job. Your Harry's age", she said.
"You know me. I wasn't going to let him not hire me just because I'm young", I said and started telling her the story.
"Wow. You did all that for a job?" She asked.
"Yep. Now, tell me about the boy you're interested in", I said with a smile.
"Oh. Right. Well you should know him. I'll let you guess. His name starts with an M", she said.
"Ok. Let me think of the people that I know that start with M. Wait! Is it Matthew!?!"
"Yep. I like him I just don't know if he likes me."
She frowned.
"Wow. That's just unbelievable", I said.
"I guess. Ever since you left we've been hanging out a lot and I started to notice how nice and fun he is. Anyway what about you and Harry?"
"Oh we're good. We have date nights a few times a month. It's actually going to be our one year anniversary in two months. I have no clue what I'm going to get him."
"You should make him a gift basket. There's this website where you go shopping for the products you want in the basket and then they put it together for you."
"Where did you learn that from?"
"I got Matthew one for his birthday."
For the rest of the night we caught up on things. We watched some of our favorite movies and laughed a lot. It was nice to have Vanessa around. Until now I haven't noticed how much I missed her. What would make this better was if Nikki got along with Vanessa so we could all be friends. Hopefully Nikki stops acting like a brat so we can be friends.