Worst Friday Ever

"Have a nice Christmas everyone! See you next term!" Screamed my history teacher from outside her class room.
Matthew, Vanessa and I were going to our lockers.
"I can't believe this is my last day at Willow High."
"Me neither. I'm going to miss you."
"You guys live a block away from each other." Said Matthew.
"We know, but we won't be seeing each other as often." Said Vanessa.
She finished shoving all her stuff in her bag and then we started walking home. There were tiny snowflakes falling from the sky and the ground was covered in a super thin sheet of it.
"So anybody doing anything cool for Christmas?" asked Matthew.
"No not really. I'm going to be spending time with my mom. But today I have a concert if that counts."
"That's cool. What concert?"
"One Directions."
"Oh......so what about you Vanessa?"
"No. I'm going to be stuck at home studying."
"I'm not going to be doing anything either. Well this is my stop, bye guys. Merry Christmas you two."
"Bye, Merry Christmas." Vanessa and I said in unison.
He walked up the steps and into his house.
"You excited for Christmas?" I asked Vanessa.
"No. I'm probably going to be getting a whole bunch of books and stuff. Are you?"
"Yeah. A whole week and a half with my mom."
There was a short silence.
"I still can't believe that I'm switching schools."
"Me either....you wanna hang at my place so we can spend some time together before your forced to study 24 7."
"I'm sorry Lil. I wish I could, but my sister and I still have to do a little Christmas shopping and I'm still grounded."
"My mom too. I did all mine last week. That reminds me," I dug in my bag until I found her present.
"Here."
I handed it to her and she said, "Lil you didn't have to get me anything."
"I know but I wanted to."
She unrapped the tiny little box and then opened it. She pulled out the locket that was in a shape of a heart and had the words best friends forever inside of it. She opened it up to find a picture of me and her when were little and then from a few weeks ago.
"Oh my gosh, Lil it's beautiful. Thank you so much." She put it over her head.
"I'll never take it off."
"Good. Now you won't forget me, and I won't forget you." And I pulled out mine.
"Never. I promise I'll come see you when I'm ungrounded."
We were now in front of my house. We hugged and I said, "Merry Christmas."
"Merry Christmas Lil."
Then I said good bye and I walked into my house. I checked the time and it was 4:00. The concert was at 7 and it's about an hour drive so I should start getting ready now and I also have to call a taxi to come and pick me up.
I first called the taxi and told them where they had to pick me up and drop me off. Then I headed upstairs to go and get ready.
I put on a warm red sweater and black skinny jeans. Then I put on my black leather jacket and my short black boots with heels. I added a Christmas green scarf and then went to the bathroom to do my hair.
I put it in a high pony tail and then brushed back all my frizzies. Then I went back in my room to do my make up. After that I grabbed my black cross body purse and put a hundred dollars in it, some Chapstick, and hand sanitizer.
I then headed down stairs and waited for the taxi to come and pick me up. I sat on my couch and watched TV. I skipped through the channels to see what was on. Nothing good, like usual, so I settled down with the news. I was just in time to hear the breaking news.
"Now let's go to Jeff who is at the scene now."
The camera switched to see 5 cars smashed on a highway that I recognized close to my house. I gasped.
"Ten minutes ago a tow truck that was carrying 5 cars on its back, let off the load to soon. The straps that were holding the cars broke and smashed the one unlucky car behind it. The other cars behind it smashed into it causing the biggest car accident in centuries. There has been 3 deaths and 6 injuries. We have news that those who are injured will barely make it. Those that have died are being pulled out by the jaws of death and there families are being notified very soon. We don't know who the people are yet, but we will be right back with the who they were and more on the story as soon as we police get more information. Back to you Amy."
They zoomed in on the cars in the accident and I thought I saw my mom's car right behind the truck. Could my mom be that one unlucky car. Nah, she's in town finishing up some Christmas shopping.
I heard a beep beep from outside and I got up to go shut off the TV, but was interrupted when my phone began to ring. I didn't recognize the number, but picked it up just in case it was Harry using a phone from the concert.
"Hello?" I said.
"Hello. Is this Lillian Galloway."
"Um....yes it is."
"I'm afraid I have some bad news for you. I don't know if you've heard about it yet, but there was a car crash on high way 96. The one with the tow truck. Well anyway, your mom was behind the truck when the ropes came off and the cars went off......."
I had no clue what to say. My mind was still processing.
"Hello?......Lillian. I'm sorry to say but your mother is dead."
I dropped my phone and stood there thinking about what he just said. "I'm sorry to say but your mother is dead.", ran through my mind about a dozen times. Then it hit me and the tears started.
I picked my phone up and said, "NO! She isn't dead you liar! She isn't dead! She isn't dead! She isn't dead!" Then I threw my phone at the wall and I watched it shatter.
I fell onto my knees and began crying harder.
"She isn't dead she isn't dead she isn't dead!"
I picked up the vase from the table and smashed it on the floor and then screamed, "She isn't dead, you filthy dirty liars!"
I'm pretty sure district 4 could probably hear me but I didn't care. They were lying to me. Messing with my emotions. Then a voice in my head told me, "Why would they do that?"
Why would they do that? They wouldn't. That means this is real. They aren't kidding. My mom is really dead. I started to cry harder and broke a few more things in my house. "She's dead. She's really dead! It's all your fault you stupid tow truck! It's all you fault that I have no family anymore!"
I was now in the kitchen and smashing all the plates.
"Why God?!? Why!?! What did I ever do to you!?!"
I smashed some more plates and then I ran upstairs to cry.
"Why me?!? Why me!?!"
Harry's POV(end of the concert)
"Thank you District 12! Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!" Screamed Louie.
We all bowed and then walked behind the curtains. The crowd was still screaming.
"Hey did any of you see Lillian?"
"No." They all said.
I began to get worried.
"Calm down Harry. You'll see her in a few minutes. You gave her a VIP pass. And it's not like you were going to spot her in that crowd," said Louie.
"Right."
We waited ten minutes and then the VIP's walked in, but I didn't see Lillian. I kept texting her, but she didn't answer and she usually answers right away. I began to worry. Did she not come? Did I do something wrong?
"Guys she's not here."
"Harry we'll worry about it after. These people payed a lot of money to get backstage passes. So get you marker out, get your happy face on and do what the fans want." Said Liam.
I did what he told me and started signing what the fans wanted me to.
After we finished and there time was up, then everyone began to worry about Lillian with me.
"How about we text Vanessa and ask when the last time she saw her before we go and call the cops," said Niall.
"Good point. We can't just call the cops and report her if we don't try and find her," said Zayn.
Liam got out his phone and started texting Vanessa.
"She said the last time she saw her was at her house", said Liam.
"Ok. Then let's go to Lillian's. If she isn't there then we call the cops."
"Ok. Now what are we waiting for?!?" I yelled at them and we all rushed into the limo and went straight to Lillian's house.
.....
"Ok Harry, you go in and check the house because I don't see a car. If she's not there then come back out and we'll call the police." Said Louie.
I nodded. I got out of the limo and went to her porch. I knocked to see if the door was locked because then that would mean that she definitely left the house.
When I knocked the was door opened. I walked inside and yelled "Hello Lillian are you here. I've been worried sick about you." But no reply came.
Then I walked out of the door way and into the living room. Glass was shattered everywhere.
"What the heck happened here?" I said aloud and then I turned around to see the TV was still on.
"And back to Jeff on the story about the most dangerous car accident in centuries."
I forgot why I was here and starred at the TV.
"Thank you Amy. Now back to one of the worst car crashes ever. For those of you who are just now tuning in now, a tow truck full of cars was released on highway 96 crushing the unlucky car behind it and badly damaging 5 more cars behind it. This accident killed 3 and badly injured 6. Those who were killed on this pre day Christmas were Bob Simpla, Nicole Crook, and first person in Districts Devine Cooking, Daniella Galloway."
That was all I needed to hear. I started looking around the house for Lillian. Then I started to hear crying from upstairs. I went up the stairs and I heard crying from behind a closed door.
I assumed it was Lillian, and thought of what I was going to say about her dead mother. I figured something out and then walked in.
"Hey Lillian. You ok."
She had her head smashed in her pillow and didn't answer. She just kept on crying.
"You mind if I come sit down with you?"
She didn't answer again and kept crying.
"I'll take that as a yes."
I walked in and sat on her bed. Lillian sat up, but she was still crying. Her make up was running down her face.
"Come here Lil."
She came a little closer and I got a tissue from her bedside table and wiped here makeup so she didn't look so much like a monster anymore. Now she looked like a crying and depressed Lillian.
I got closer to her and put an arm around her shoulder in a comforting way. I pulled her close and she cried on my shoulder.
"Shhh Lil your going to be fine."
"She's gone Harry.........She's gone."
"I know."
She kept crying.
"She's really gone. I don't have a family any more."
"Yes you do Lil. You have me and the boys and Vanessa and as much as I hate to say it, Matthew."
"She's gone."
"I know."
"What am I going to do?" She said still sobbing.
"I don't know Lil, but will figure it out. Together."
"This is all my fault."
"No, it isn't. Hey, none of this is your fault ok."
"Harry.......I miss her. I need my mom."
"I know. Everything's going to be ok. Hey I'll be right back. Try and calm down. I'm going to go and get the boys."
She tried holding back her tears and it worked a little bit. She was crying a little less. I handed her some tissues and went back downstairs. Then I went back outside to the car.
"Harry is she home and ok?" asked Louie.
"She's home, but I don't think she's alright."
"What do you mean?" asked Liam.
"Guys, her mom died in a car crash earlier today."