Halloween

"So are we still good for Trick or Treating later?"
"Yes Vanessa. I have not changed my mind in the last 10 about me going to Harry's Halloween Party."
"I still can't believe you want to go trick or treating with me instead of going to One Directions Halloween Party."
We were leaving the doors of the school. It was Halloween and we just got out of our early term tests.
"So has Harry asked you to be his girlfriend yet?"
"Why is it that every time we are walking to my house you always bring up Harry?"
"I don't know."
"Well the answer is no. Everyone told us to wait until a month. The one that we went on this week that I planned was our third date."
"What did you guys do again?"
"We went bowling. Remember he said he was awesome at it and then I beat him."
"Oh yeah. So, are we still going to be the three little pigs?"
"More like the two little pigs. We don't have time to change the costume. We got so caught up in not talking to Matthew we didn't think to change it."
"Great, so now our costume doesn't even makes sense. This is all his fault."
"Yeah, but at least we will be together and having fun. And of course not breaking the tradition. What town are we going to go to again."
"I don't know. You can drive me around since you just got your license."
"Really? You know I only got my license because my inspector was blind right."
"Well he still would have felt you making mistakes."
"Ok, but I don't have a car."
"Well isn't your mom going to be home early today anyway?"
"Why don't you drive?"
"Because I failed my test!"
"Oh right. Fine I'll drive but don't judge if I do bad."
"How bad can you be?"
"My mom says I'm good but I think she doesn't want to tell me I suck."
"I don't think so. You're mom is a very honest person."
We walked into my house and I threw myself on the couch and Vanessa did the same.
"We have time before we have to get ready. You wanna watch a Halloween movie?"
"Sure which one?"
"How about Hocus Pocus."
"Fine with me."
I put the movie on and we made a couple of snacks. We watched the movie until my mom came through door with bags of Hunger Bars. They were my favorite.
"Girls it's 5 o click why are you not getting done?"
"It's five o click! Come on Vaness. Let's hurry up and get going before all the grubby little kids take all the good candy."
My mom laughed while we raced all the way up the steps and into my bedroom.
"Oh yeah I forgot to tell you I'm not wearing the tutu."
"Why not?"
"Because it's already girly enough dressing in all pink."
"Really? Whatever as long as you look like a pig it doesn't really matter."
"Ok you get the bathroom I get my closet."
She ran out of my room and I went into my closet.
I got on baby pink leggings, shirt, and flats. Then I grabbed the ears, tail, and snout and walked out. Vanessa was already done and applying pink eyeshadow and black eyeliner.
"Hey can you do mine? I'm horrible with makeup."
"Yeah come over hear."
She did mine and then we headed to the bathroom to do our hair. We put the ears and attached the tail to our behinds. We went to go get our pig themed buckets for our candy. We grabbed our snouts and held onto them for later.
"Ok you ready to go?"
"No not yet. I need to go and get my pink leather jacket."
"Aw. I wish I had one," said sarcastically.
"Good because I got one for you too."
"But I was being sarcastic."
"I know that's why I'm gonna make you wear it."
"But that's way too much pink for me."
"Oh well, shouldn't have let me pick the costume this year."
"Girls you have a visitor! I'll send him up!"
Someone came trotting up the steps and then knocked on the door. I looked at Vanessa and she gave a shrug. I went over to the door and then slammed it.
"Vanessa it's Matthew," I whispered.
"What?!? What is he doing here?"
"I don't know?!?"
Then the door opened and Matthew in a pig costume came walking in.
"What are you doing here?" I snarled at him.
"Look we are already making progress! You're talking to me!"
"She asked you a question. What are you doing here, pig. Pun intended." She said and I held in laughter. He took a deep breath.
"I'm here to apologize.." I opened my mouth to object but he just kept going,"I'm sorry I called you spoiled, ugly and sassy, even though you are really sassy. Everything I said was rude and untrue and I'm sorry. I was just jealous because I didn't get a date with an amazing girl. But now I'm over it and I have moved on. I hope you guys forgive me. I miss hanging out with you guys. I'm not saying we have to be best friends for ever and stuff like that but I just hope we can be friends."
"Give us a minute to consider."
Vanessa pulled me into my closet and an started talking immediately.
"I'm convinced what about you?"
"Yeah. He apologized for everything he did and I don't want to hold a grudge against him."
"Ok so we can all be best friends again?"
"Why not?"
She laughed and then we walked out of the closet.
"We've made up our minds and we think we can't be friends again....we can be best friends."
"Seriously. Oh my god you guys are the best. So no hard feelings about anything, everything is back to normal."
"Yep, but just don't mention any of that, got it? That's the past so let's not bring it up."
"Deal."
We all hugged and then all headed down stairs for our pictures before we went trick or treating.
My mom took like two with each of us by ourselves and then a bunch on our phones, some of me and Vanessa and then all of us.
"Hey mom can I borrow the car? Vanessa wants to see me drive."
"Yeah. Remember curfew for all of you is midnight. And give me your parents numbers to see if you can sleep over for the night."
"Ok."
They handed her there parents phone numbers and then we said good bye. I got in the front seat of the car and started the engine. Vanessa was in the front and Matthew was in the back behind us.
"So where do you wanna stop by first." I said while pulling out of the drive way and driving down the street.
"Know any rich towns? They give out good candy." Said Mathew.
"I know one." Said Vanessa.
"Ok which street."
"How about where ever Harry lives?"
"Really Vaness?"
"Yep. Sound good Matthew?"
"Yeah, but whose Harry?"
I answered before Vanessa got to,"He's a friend of mine. He's part of a boyband called One Direction."
"Oh really. My sister loves them."
"Yeah but I don't want to drive all the way there. It's far and our curfew is at 12."
"Ok. So how about we take a vote. All in favor of going to Harry's house raise there hand. Ok you've been out ruled. We are going to do Harry's house and the other houses around them."
"Uh fine."
I turned a left and got on the road to Harry's house. Vanessa turned on some music and we all started singing to our favorite song Uma Thurman.
...
The gates were open and I parked inside the gates. We all got out of the car and started walking up the cobblestone path. When we reached the door I knocked and waited for an answer.
"Oh well. Maybe they can't hear us. Let's get going I don't want it disturb."
I was about to turn around and leave but then a ninja turtle answered the door.
"Lillian?"
"Trick or treat." We all said and then started laughing. I felt so babyish and I think everyone else did too.
He gave us each a Jumbo Hunger Bars.
"So what are you three supposed to be?"
"What are you supposed to be?"
"The boys and I are all ninja turtles, well everyone but Louie. He is Sensei. And you?"
"We are the three little pigs."
"Oh, makes sense. Hey Vanessa and I'm sorry I've never met you before. Who are you?"
"Harry this is my friend Matthew, Matthew this is my other friend Harry."
Matthew walked up from the back and did that weird hand shake boys did except they didn't let go of each others hands at the end. Now I'm positive Matthew knows.
"Well this is getting awkward," said Vanessa and I started laughing:
They let go of hands and Mathew went back in the back with Vanessa.
"Well Harry, we just came here to visit for a little bit I'll see you soon."
I waved and then we went back to the car. Once we got in, Vanessa got on her phone and started to someone.
"Who you texting?"
"My mom."
"Ok so where next?" Asked Mathew.
"I don't know pick a house."
"Ok let's go down the street and do a couple of houses and then go back near home."
...
"I'll trade you a Hunger Bar for a box of District trading cards?" Matthew asks.
"Do you want anything else? I'm trying to get the full twelve collections." I say.
"Ok how about for some.....Mockingjay Marshmellows?" He asks me.
"Deal?"
"Ok you three, enough candy, it's time for bed. Matthew you can sleep on the floor in the girls room or the couch. And Vanessa you can sleep where you usually sleep."
"Um I'll sleep upstairs with the girls on the floor."
"Ok let me go get you a blanket and a pillow."
She went upstairs to the closet where we keep all of our blankets and pillows and we followed her upstairs to my bedroom.
My mom came in with a pillow and a blanket and layed it down on my fuzzy carpet right beside my bed.
"Now all of you, go to bed. And if your going to disobey, don't stay up to late you have school tomorrow and keep it down. Other people will be trying to sleep."
She said goodnight and we turned on the TV in my room. We watched Catching Fire. About thirty minutes later you could hear little tiny huffs from Vanessa.
"Lil, is Vanessa sleeping?"
I turned around and saw her cuddling a pillow.
"Yeah."
"So can I talk about something and you not get mad?"
"Is it about Harry?"
"Yeah."
"You may talk."
I heard him chuckle.
"So is that the Harry who asked you out?"
"Yeah. We're dating but not like girlfriend and boyfriend you know?"
"Yeah. So he's the one, huh?"
"Yep, why?"
"Well as I was shaking his hand today I just thought he was really lucky."
"Thanks I think?"
He chuckled again.
"I better not meet up with him again. I think he thinks we're a thing. I don't think he likes me."
I laughed a little.
"Yeah I think so too."
"Well goodnight Lillian."
"Goodnight."
I heard him get comfy on the floor and a few minutes later heard little snores. I kept watching the movie until I fell asleep thinking what it would be like to be in the Hunger Games.
Harry's POV (Cleaning up the party)
"Harry I'm sure theres nothing between them. What did Vanessa say?" Said Liam.
"She said that they are not a thing and that they just got over an argument."
"See, there's nothing between those two." Niall says.
"But Vanessa said that Matthew had feelings for her and probably still does."
"Well Lillian doesn't look like the type that would be cheating on you", said Louie as he scraped the pizza off the ceiling.
"What'd an abomination of pizza", Niall says. We all role our eyes.
"Well did Vanessa tell you what the argument was about?" Asked Zayn.
"Maybe."
"What did she say?" Asked Liam.
"She said that Matthew asked Lillian out, but Lillian said no because she was going out with me on that day. Then she said he called her some names and they didn't talk for three weeks until today. She said today he apologized and they are just friends now."
"So, Matthew might have feelings for Lillian, but Lillian doesn't have any for him." Said Liam.
"Yeah. Just dislike Matthew. There's no need to dislike both of them." Said Niall now eating the ceiling pizza.
"Thanks guys."
"No problem. And if you ever need help getting revenge on Matthew you know where to find Zayn and I," Louie says.