My One Year Anniversery

I felt his warm hand touch mine and I looked into his green eyes.
"Just try and promise me something. Try and win. Try and come back to me", he said.
"Of course", I replied.
He leaned in and I felt his warm lips touch mine. It gave me chills. It was a long kiss, in the nice quiet and peaceful place with no one to disrupt it. I felt a pang of sadness as our lips untouched and I leaned on him and watched the sunset go down.
"Lillian", I heard a voice whisper. I woke up with a start.
"Harry? What time is it? Is everything ok?" I asked.
"Yeah everything is fine. Happy One Year Anneversery!" He said in a low voice. I smiled.
"Happy One Year Anniversary! What time is it?"
It was still dark out and all the lights were off.
"Ehh....about 12 am. Anyway I got a gift for you", he said and handed me tiny box and a rapped square.
"Well than in that case, I have something for you", I said getting off my bed and going into the trunk. I pulled out a brown box and handed it to him.
"You open yours first", he said as I sat back down on my bed. I took the little box first. There was a little piece of paper in there and I picked it up and read it.
"Without you, I would be lost", I read aloud and smiled. I picked up the necklace inside and it had a little compass charm on it.
"Harry, I love it. I'll add it to the other ones I wear", I said placing it back in the box. I took the rapped square and ripped off the paper. It was the cutest photo of Harry and I, that I've ever seen. I smiled even bigger.
"Awe Harry, this is cute", I said moving more closely to him and giving him a kiss on the cheek.
"Now open yours, and I recommend you peel off the tape so you don't ruin what's inside."
He did what I said and pulled the tape back. He opened the brown box and I saw a grin appear on his face. It was like a care package. On the folds of the box was pictures of him and I and inside were some of his favorite things, such as candies, tiny bottles of apple juice, a watch he was looking at last week in a mall, and a little taco stuffed animal.
"Oh my gosh Lillian I love it", he said picking up the watch. He gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Now, you better start getting ready."
"For what? It's 12 am."
"Yes, well it's a surprise and it's going to take a while to get there. All I'm going to say is dress in something warm and comfortable. Like District 2 warm", he said.
"Alright. Now shoo so I can get dressed", I said suspiciously. He gave me another kiss except this one was longer and on my lips and then left.
I went into my closet and changed into something warm and comfortable. I put on a white sweater and some black skinny jeans. I slipped on my long brown boots and put on my necklaces and bracelets. I went into my bathroom and brushed my normal brown hair and put on my beanie. The color was starting to come out and it looked weird so I put it back to normal. I grabbed my tan trench coat and my phone and quietly made my way down stairs.
Harry was drinking coffee in a cup in the kitchen. He saw me and smiled. He put the mug down and grabbed his keys.
"So you're taking me to a mysterious, far away destination, do the boys know?" I asked as I got in his car.
"Kind of. I told them that we would be gone when they woke up, but I didn't tell them where we were going. Now put this over your eyes." He said handing me a blindfold.
"Why do I have to where this?" I asked.
"Well if you see where we are going, the surprise will be ruined."
"Alright fine. Can you tie it on the back", I asked him. I felt the blind fold go around my eyes and then tied snuggly around my head.
"How many fingers am I holding up?" Harry asked.
"I don't know. 2?"
"No, it was 6. Ok well now that I know I can't see, let's get going."
I felt the car jult and pull out of the drive way. We started on a random road and kept driving.
...(7 hours later at secret destination)...
"Ok we're hear, you ready to where we are?" He asked. I imagined him smiling.
"Yep."
The blindfold fell from my eyes and the light blinded me. I blinked a few times and then stared at the building in front of me.
"I hope there's another Daniella's diner somewhere in 13", I said, but I knew there wasn't. There was snow on the ground and you could feel the cold and right there in front of me stood my mother's diner.
"Are we in 12?" I asked.
"Surprise! I thought it would be nice to come back. You know all of our firsts together. Where we first met, where we had our first date, where we had our first kiss. Plus I thought you were a little homesick after coming back from 2, even though it's not really your home."
"Awe Harry, this is so nice", I said.
"Should we go eat breakfast?" He asked and we got out. I put on my coat and walked with Harry into the diner.
It was exactly the same. Nothing has changed. Not the seating arrangements, not the color of the walls, not any of the furniture. The only thing I noticed was a picture of my mom on the wall.
We met Hilda at the place where you sit people. I let her take charge of the diner while I was in 13.
"Oh my gosh, is that Lillian?!?" She asked.
"Yep. It's me." I replied.
She came around and gave me a really big hug that I returned. Hilda and I were the close since she worked for my mom, for probably the longest time ever.
"What are you doing here?" She asked.
"Oh we're just here for a little visit", I said.
"That's good. How are things?" She asked.
"Great. How are things here?"
"Wonderful. Business is booming. Well let me get you two a table", she said and I smiled.
We sat at the table that my mom first met Harry at. I remembered, and two tables down was where I stood eavesdropping on there conversation. It was one of her last days alive.
A waiter came to our table and I couldn't believe who it was.
"Mathew?" I asked.
"Lillian?" He asked. I stood up and gave him a hug. I saw Harry roll his eyes and I broke apart.
"What are you doing here?" He asked.
"Just here for a little visit. What are you doing here?" I asked.
"Well it's a long story", he started but Harry interrupted.
"Well it's a shame that we don't have a lot of time, we have to get to another surprise", Harry said.
"Harry I'm sure we have time for a tiny story. Please", I said to Harry. He rolled his eyes again and I took that as a yes.
"Go ahead", I said to Matthew.
"Well, my dad left my house a few months ago. I have no clue where to but it has to do something with his job. I'm sure of it. He was acting all crazy. When he left I picked the lock on his door and went in. It was full of notes and hacking combinations. Anyway he left me with a house to take care of and I needed a job so I came here. I knew they were always needing more waiters and help around here", he finished.
"How touching", Harry said sarcastically.
"Thanks. So what do you guys want?" Matthew asked.
"I'll have a hot chocolate and French toast", I said. Harry said the same and Matthew left.
"If I would've known he worked here, I would've never brought you here for a visit", Harry said.
"Come on Harry. What has he done?"
"......nothing I guess, but Vanessa said that he asked you out."
"Does our year of dating mean nothing to you." I said pretending to be sad.
"Your right. I still hate him though", he said. I smiled and then the food came. Service was a lot quicker than before. We started eating and it was delicious. This was my moms recipe for French Toast. It was the best I've ever had.
"So where else are we going?" I asked.
"It's a secret", Harry replied.
"Do I have to wear that blind fold again?"
"Yep. Maybe some earplugs depending on how well you know your District."
I smiled and finished my Hot chocolate.
We paid and then left. Harry retied the blindfold on my head and started driving to a mysterious destination, again. Since it was a short ride to the place I had a few ideas of what it was. Plus I knew this place pretty much like the back of my hand. This is either my old house or a nail salon, but the nail salon didn't make sense so it had to be my house.
"Are we at my house?" I asked.
"How'd you know?"
"I guess I really know my district."
I felt the blind fold fall from my eyes again and there it stood I front of me. My old house.
"Why are we here?" I asked.
"Well this is where our first kiss is and I asked you to be my girlfriend here. Also I thought you might want to visit it. Oh! And we have to get something from here", Harry said.
"Wow I didn't know this house was that important", I replied smiling.
We got out of the car and into the cold air. We walked up to my porch and to the front door.
"Should we kiss for old times sake?" He asked and we kissed.
"How exactly are supposed to get in?" I asked. Harry pulled out a key and put it in the door.
"Where did you get that from?" I asked.
"Vanessa made a copy and sent it to me", he answered. The door opened and we walked in.
Like the diner, nothing was touched nor moved. It was just like it used to be. I turned on the lights. It felt like home, like I was home. I smiled and then Harry came in behind me.
"Why don't you go look around while I get what I need to", Harry said and I gave him a strange look.
I went up the stairs first and into my room. So many good memories here. Like the time Vanessa and I played doctor and my mom was the patient. Or the time my mom and I gave each other make overs. I felt like I was about to cry and I walked out and calmed down in the hallway.
I haven't missed her this much since last December. I didn't want to go into my moms room so I just went downstairs and into the living room. I sat on the couch.
Harry came in through the door and walked over to me. I leaned on him. He was surprisingly really warm.
"Did you get what you need?" I asked after a moment of silence.
"Yeah. I'm ready to go when you are", he answered and we got up and walked out the door. He locked it behind him and we went to his car.
"Do you want to go visit your parents?" He asked and I knew what he meant. I thought about and decided not to. I don't want to get all sad again. I'm supposed to be happy and having fun with Harry.
"No. We can just go to whatever you had planned next."
He handed me the blindfold and I placed it over my eyes and he tied it. The car started moving and I hoped he didn't notice that the blind fold was a little wet.
"This next destination is a little farther", Harry said and turned on the radio.
...(two hours later)...
"And we are here", he said putting his car in park and helping me untie the blindfold.
"12 Flags?" I asked.
"Uh huh. Technically our first date."
"And our first kiss if you count that one where you kissed me for the dare", I said smiling.
"No I don't count that one as our first kiss", he said and I laughed.
We got out of the car and started heading for the ticket booth. Once we got in we headed straight for the rides. The lines weren't long since it was almost the middle of December and was freezing, but hey. Who cares? Then we did a few games. I won him a turtle stuffed animal and he won me a pink gorilla.
After that we left and went back into the warm, car. I felt like I was frozen. It was really late at night and the temperature dropped a few more degrees and all the fast rides didn't exactly push all the warm air towards you. We ate a quick meal in the car together and then we started heading back home.
I fell asleep after that. I felt so tired and worn down. I couldn't believe I staid up long enough to do all the rides in 12 Flags.
Harry's POV
Lillian fell asleep with her head on the window. We still had three more hours until we reached 13. The only thing keeping me awake was music playing from the radio.
There was a buzz from my phone and I was guessing it was one of the guys. I don't know why they are still awake. It's 1 o'clock in the morning. I didn't answer it since I didn't want to cause an accident.
....(3 hours later)....
I parked the car and got out. I didn't want to wake up Lillian so I picked her up and carried her inside. The door was unlocked.
"Oh, good you're still alive. I swear if you didn't come back in the next 30 minutes I was going to call the cops", Louie said scaring me.
"Shh she's sleeping", I told him and put her on the couch so I could talk to Louie.
"Where'd you guys go?" He asked.
"District 12."
"You went on a 7 hour drive to district 12 to celebrate your 1 year Anniversary. Why?" He asked.
"Well I thought it would be sweet. It was where we first met and I thought she might enjoy going back home for a little visit."
"Your nuts, but thoughtful", he said and I smiled weakly.
"Why don't you go to bed and I'll put Lillian upstairs? You look exhausted."
"Ok", I replied.
I watched him pick up Lillian and he followed me upstairs. He stopped at Lillian's room and I went to mine. I didn't change out of my clothes or anything. I just collapsed on my bed and fell asleep.
I really was exhausted. I woke up at 12 am and drove for most of the time. But it was worth it. I would do pretty much anything for Lillian. I just hope she had a good time.