My Day With Katniss

My alarm went off and I slowly began to wake up. I stretched and yawned and I got off my bed and went into the bathroom. Then I went into my closet to pick my outfit for the day.
I put on blue workout pants and a white muscle shirt with a blue sports bra under. I put on my black and white sneakers and my necklaces.
I went downstairs and ate a quick breakfast. All the boys were still sleeping even though it was like noon because they are exhausted from the Gaming Festival in 3. It was such a long drive there and back.
I grabbed my keys and went to my car. I started driving to where Katniss lives, district 13s victors village. It took about thirty minutes to get there without traffic. I parked my car in there drive way and I went to go knock on the door.
The door opened and I couldn't believe my eyes. It was her, my idol. Katniss Everdeen herself.
"Hi", I said.
"Hi. You must be Lillian." She said in a sort of bored tone.
"Yeah that's me", I said.
"Well let me go get my bows and then we can go", she said and shut the door in my face. I waited out therefor 10 minutes until Katniss came back with two shelths of arrows and two bows.
She stepped out and we started walking. I didn't know where we were going, I was just following Katniss. I would probably follow her to the end of the earth if I could. About 5 minutes later Katniss spoke up.
"Just to make it clear, this is going to be the only lesson you get. You see I didn't write that letter, Peeta did and I don't have the time to give you lessons whenever you want. So this is your only lesson." She said looking over to me.
"Ok that's fine. It didn't seem that you wrote it anyway." I said.
"What do you mean?" She asked.
"Well based on the movies and stuff, it doesn't sound like you would write something like that. You know. It doesn't seem like you." I said. I can't believe I said that. I just back sassed my idol. I wanted to go hide.
She looked at me for a second. We reached this wired fence. She ducked under the fence and went into the woods that were behind it. I did the same and followed her deep into the woods. We stopped.
"So what you're telling me is that you're not going to whine or cry or argue because I'm only giving you one lesson?" She said.
"Um yeah. I don't really whine, cry, or argue. I mean I'm not going to do all that stuff just because your giving me one lesson. I mean sure I'm bummed about it but I'm not going to go cry about it." I said.
"Hmph", she replied and I felt a little awkward.
"Ok well let's get started. Do you know how to hold a bow?" She asked me.
"Um no." I replied.
"So I'm guessing you don't know how to put one together either. Ok let's start with that", she said getting out an arrow and braking it in pieces.
She showed me how to put it together and then showed me where it goes on the bow. The arrows felt weird. I think they were made out of metal or something. It was like a metal stick with a pointy thing at the end.
"Now for holding it. Put your hand right under here and this hand right here", she said putting my hands in the correct places. She showed me hiw much to pull back. They were different depending on how far you needed to shoot something. After she was done instructing me she gave me and arrow and asked me how I would shoot something. I did the whole thing pretty much perfect and she gave a nod of approval.
"Ok now you going to aim for that knot in the tree", she said and stepped back.
I shot the arrow at the tree and it missed the knot by several inches.
"Hmph." She handed me another arrow.
I loaded it just like she showed me and I aimed for the knot in the tree. It missed by just a few inches this time.
"Try aiming. Focus in on the spot." She said and handed me another one.
I loaded it like before and aimed like she is old me to. I didn't hit the spot but I got pretty close. Closer than before.
We continued this for the whole time. Complete silence, arrow after arrow. It wasn't what I imagined but it was still fun. that's what we did the whole time. I missed some I hit some.
Even though we were silent, I got the feeling that maybe she didn't hate me as much as before. We were almost done with the lesson. We were over viewing what I learned, which would be my aim, how to hold and load it.
"You aren't drastically horrible." She told me.
"Thanks."
"You'd be better with practice. Keep it." She nodded to the bow in my hand.
"Why? This is my only lesson, there's really no need to keep this if I'm not going to learn more about how to use it", I said.
There was a short silence.
"You have a lot of potential," she said.
"Are you kidding?"
The expression of her face made me think not so much.
We walked back to her driveway in Victors Village.
"Hey, would you like a water or something ?" She asked.
"Um sure. Just let me get my phone", I replied. I grabbed my phone from my car and followed her into her house. It was cozy and warm and really cute.
There was a big kitchen and living room. There table was sort of like the one at the house, with the chairs at the counter. Then in the in between that in a little alcove was a staircase that probably went upstairs. She had nice hard wood flooring in the living room and tile in the kitchen. Her walls were this plain cream colors, except for one on the living room. There was some kind of beautiful art work on one wall:
"You can have a seat over here." Katniss asked as I sat down at the counter.
She got a pitcher and poured two glasses of water. She slid the cup of water down to me and stayed on the other side of the counter.
"I love your house", I said when I was done soaking every inch of her house I could see.
"Thank you." She said and took a sip.
"Mom, can you please tell Olivia and Sofia to stay out of my room!" A girl yelled. I almost forgot she had kids.
"Olivia and Sofia come down here please", Katniss yelled and two girls girls started coming down the steps.
They saw me and ran over.
"Mommy who is this", asked a girl.
"She's pretty", said her sister. They looked just alike and I'm guessing they were twins.
"Lillian these are my two twin daughters, Sofia and Olivia. Girls say hi to Lillian", Katniss said.
They said hi.
"Wow how do you know who is who?" I asked.
"Oh that's easy. Olivia has Peeta's eyes and Sophia has mine", Katniss said.
I looked really close at there eyes and noticed that they did have different eyes. Sofia had kind of dark gray eyes and Olivia had blue eyes.
"Oh, yeah I see it. I thought you had a boy?" I asked.
"Well I do. My oldest is Aubrey she's 16, then my son Carson he's 15 and then the twins who are 12", Katniss said.
"Oh", I said.
My phone buzzed and I took it out of my pocket.
LOUIE: When are you coming home? I think Niall and Harry are sick
LILLIAN: Soon
LOUIE: Ok please hurry up
"Well I gotta go. I'll see you sometime next month", I told Katniss.
"Alright. Remember to practice", she said and I waved good bye to the twins. I grabbed my bow and shelth of arrows and left. I got in my car and started driving home. This couldn't be good.
I parked my car and put the bow and arrow across my chest and the shelth of arrows on my shoulder.
I knocked on the door and Louie came and answered it.
"Oh thank god. I'm not a good doctor and Niall has barfed at least 2 times and Harry says his throat hurts", Louie said.
Liam and Zayn wee wearing those masks that doctors wear when there doing surgery or something. Where the heck did they get those.
"Great well I guess we're off for the rest of the month. I'll go call a doctor", I said and went upstairs to go change my clothes and schedule things. But I mean that's the story of my life.
I realized while I was with Katniss that maybe I could do something more with my life than just scheduling. That maybe there's more things I'm good at. As I thought longer, I realized I wanted my life to mean more.
I guess I'll be playing doctor for a world famous boy band was fulfilling for now, but for how long would this matter. How long would all of this be enough for me? How long will it take realize that's I'm disappointing my mom?