I Aprove

HARRY: Hey you wanna go and see Now You See Me 2 later
LILLIAN: Yeah sure. What time?"
HARRY: It starts at 7
LILLIAN: Ok what time are you coming to pick me up
HARRY: Around six thirty
LILLIAN: Ok. See you later😃
HARRY: See you later😀
I closed the tab to the text messages and went on FaceTime to face time Vanessa.
"Hey Vaness. How's your Friday going?"
"Horrible. I have to babysit my little sister because my parents are out."
"I thought you loved your sister."
"I do, but I don't want to babysit her. She should be babysitting herself. She's 12."
"Well I have my first date with Harry as a couple later."
"Lucky. Where are you going?"
"The movie theaters."
"What movie?"
"Now You See Me 2."
"Oh come on. I wanted to see that movie so bad."
"VANESSA HOW MANY 1/4 ARE IN A CUP!?!" screamed her little sister Arrabella.
"4!"
"Thanks."
"What's she doing?"
"She's making cupcakes. Anyway, I wish I could help you pick out your outfit."
"You can. Why don't you come over you live a block away?"
"Remember my sister?"
"Oh yeah. So just bring her over to."
"My mom would kill me. So have you decided what to wear?"
"No. I literally just found out five minutes ago. You were the first one I called."
"How come you didn't call your mom first?"
"She's always so busy. Remember I said she's trying to get into the Christmas addition of Districts Devine Cooking."
"Oh yeah. How is she?"
"She's ok. I don't see her very much, but it's ok because Christmas is coming and we'll have a whole two weeks to catch up."
"Right."
*Beep Beep Beep! Beep Beep Beep!*
"Arrabella is that the fire alarm?!?"
"Maybe?"
"I have to go Lil. Good luck on your date."
"Good luck on getting the house to stop burning down."
She smiled a little and hung up the phone.
I now had no idea what to do. It was only 4. I shouldn't be getting done for my date yet, so I had no idea what to do. I decided on taking a walk to the diner and visiting my mom.
I grabbed my jacket, my beanie, and my gloves. I put on my ugs and started down my street to the diner.
Once I got there, I was faced with complete chaos.
Some people weren't even eating. They were flashing cameras and asking my mom questions. I wonder if she got in the Districts Devine Cooking yet and that is what this is about.
I bustled through the crowd and didn't stop until I heard my mom telling some of the people she didn't know what they were talking about and her asking them to leave if they aren't going to order anything, but they didn't leave.
"So what can you tell us about your daughter. What is your opinion on her dating the famous pop star Harry Styles."
Oh god. This is paparazzi. I put my head down and shoved a few people until I reached my mom.
"Daniella can I talk to you about a pay raise?"
"Sure."
She excused her self from the crowd and we walked into the kitchen.
"Lillian what is this?"
"Don't ask me I didn't send them here. Remember when I told you Harry was part of a boy band."
"Yeah but I didn't know that if you two started dating they were going to start stalking us everywhere we go. It isn't just at the diner its at home early in the morning when I'm walking to the car. They start asking a whole bunch of questions, but I just reply I don't know what your talking about."
"I'm so sorry about this. I'll talk to Harry about this. Here let me get them out for you. But first you don't happen to have any shades or something."
"No. Sorry sweetie."
Great. I pulled my beanie over my head and walked out of the kitchen and got on top of the counter.
"Everyone who is here to ask questions to the owner of this diner or take pictures of her please get out now or the cops will be notified!"
As soon as I said the word cops they all bustled out of the restaurant muttering to there piers. I got off the counter and went back into the kitchen.
"Thanks. Now why did you come down here?"
"Well I just wanted to have a nice calm peaceful visit with my mom but that didn't happen."
"Sorry. But way to go on getting the crowd out that's a record."
I smiled and checked the time.
"Uh..I have to go mom. I got a date with Harry and he's picking me up at 6:30."
"Alright, have fun. And remember....."
"I know I know, be back by 1. See you mommy."
I kissed her on the cheek and walked out of the diner and headed home. Half way home I ran into Matthew.
"Hey what are you doing here?"
"Your mom said she needed my help at the diner, so I'm going to go and help. Put it on my volunteer hours what are you doing?"
"I actually just came back to the diner and now I'm walking home."
"We'll see ya...."
*click*
I turned around to see a man taking a picture of me and Matthew. Yay, so now there following me around too. This is not good.
"Matthew I gotta go."
I started running all the way to my house and didn't stop until I was safely inside. Once I was inside my house I shut all my curtains and locked all the windows and doors.
Then I ran upstairs to go and get ready.
I got on a pair of blue skinny jeans, a cream sweater, and my cream colored ugs.
Then I did my hair and put a gray beanie on. I did my usual makeup and then put on the charm bracelet Vanessa got me a few years ago for my birthday.
Then I went down stairs to go sit on my couch and waited for Harry to come and pick me up. Then I started texting playing around with my phone. When there was a knock I shut off my phone of and put it in my but pocket of my jeans. Then I went to go answer the door
"Hey Lillian."
"Hey Harry."
"Ready to go?"
"Yeah."
I grabbed my coat off the rack and then walked outside. I got my key and locked the door. Then we walked to the car together.
"So anything new happen over the last two weeks?"
"No. We had Thanksgiving dinner but that was really it. Oh wait I have something that's really new. The paparazzi just started to take the interest into stalking me and my mom."
He stopped dead in his tracks so I stopped too.
"Are you serious. How'd they find out?"
"No clue?"
We got in the car and continued the conversation.
"I walked into my mom's diner and there was a big crowd of people with cameras and they kept asking my mom questions. I thought that she got into Districts Devine Cooking but as I got closer I noticed they were talking about me and you. And then I talked to my mom and she said that thy have been spying on her early in the morning to when she goes to work."
"Did she get rid of them or are they still there?"
"I got rid of them. I stood on the counter and told them if they weren't going to order anything to leave but then none of them left and then I threatened to call the police."
"You did what!?!"
"I threatened to call the police."
"Oh my god. Why would you do that?"
"I don't know, I'm new to this thing?"
"Right. Ok. There going to be after you now. There gonna make your life a nightmare. Did they do anything after that?"
"Yeah. They took a picture of me talking to Matthew!"
"What were you talking to Matthew about?"
"Really? He asked me where I was going."
"And you said....."
"I said I was going home."
"You know what there gonna turn that into right?"
"There gonna say that I was cheating on you."
"Yep."
"But you do know I would never do that? Especially with Matthew."
I saw him smile but he quickly covered it up.
"Yeah I know."
"So what are we going to do about this because my mom wasn't to thrilled to be followed everywhere she goes."
"I don't know. I think we are going to have to give them what they want. A few pictures of us."
"OK that doesn't sound too bad."
"But then there are the comments from the fans and stuff like that."
"Oh."
"Do you have a Fire Book account?"
"Yeah, I don't have a lot of followers and I don't post much often."
"Well your going to have to turn that around. You know. Get the media not to think your a crazy lady with a beanie over her head threatening to call the police on the paparazzi."
He looked at me and then I smiled and rolled my eyes.
"So you mean I have to become one of those weirdo people who post pictures of there selves every 3 minutes."
"Kind of but not really. Just post stuff more often."
"Ok I'll give it a shot."
"Great. Well we're here."
He parked the car and we walked in the movie theaters.
Louis's POV (after Harry leaves to pick up Lillian)
"Hey guys you want to go spy on the lovebirds at the theaters."
"Yeah sounds like fun." Said Zayn.
"Is there going to be food, because I don't want to go if there isn't food." Said Niall.
"Yes Niall there is going to be food there," said Liam.
"Anybody remember what movie they were going to go see?"
"Now You See Me Pee 2." Said Zayn.
"That isn't a movie," said Liam.
"Really?"
"Yes. It's Now You See Me 2."
"I got the Now You See Me part right," Zayn said and Liam rolled his eyes.
"Ok everyone to the car, we have a movie to catch," I said and we all ran out the door and into the car.
Lillian's POV
We finished ordering 1 large popcorn, one apple juice and one lemonade and headed down to theater 3.
We found seats somewhere near the top of the aisle and sat down and watched the commercials that they had. About ten minutes later before the movie was about to start I saw a figures of 4 boys who, I sware looked just like Zayn, Liam, Niall, and Louie. The one that looked like Niall was holding two buckets of popcorn, a soda, and nacho chips. The one who looked like Louie was scanning the rows of seats until he found a good spot and sat a little above us but on the opposite side.
I got Harry's attention and pointed to the 4 boys who were now scanning the aisle probably looking for us.
"What are they doing here?"
"Honestly I have no clue. Probably here to be nosy. Just ignore them."
"Got it."
...
Half way through the movie, Harry fake yawned and put his arm around my shoulder. I looked at him and he was starring at me back.
I laughed a little at the cheesy jesture and leaned on him. I then went back to the movie.
.......
Once the credits came on Harry poked me.
"You wanna get payback on the boys?"
"I would love to do that. What did you have in mind?"
"Well I was thinking you hide until all the people left because there going to try and be the last ones to leave. So I'll wait outside of the theater until they come. Once they meet up with me I'll ask them what they are doing here and then I'll be like "are you the last people because I can't find Lillian and then you can come up behind them and scare them."
"Wow how long have you been planning this?"
"Eh about twenty minutes."
"Sounds good for a twenty minute plan."
He smiled.
"I'm going to go and wait outside. You go hide somewhere and make sure they can't see you."
He got up and left and I went to go hide where the people in wheel chair usually sit. About five minutes later everyone was out and I could hear the voices of Louie, Liam, Niall, and Zayn talking.
They exited and I could hear the whole conversation they had with Harry.
"Hey guys what are you doing here?" Said Harry.
The boys were speechless and then Harry continued.
"Never mind that. Have you seen Lillian. I could've sworn she was right behind me when we left. I just thought she got cut off. Are you guys the last ones?"
"Yeah, and we didn't see anyone in the theater when we left." Said Louie.
"Oh my god. Where is Lillian? Do you think she was kidnapped?"
That was my q. I quietly started walking out of the theater and behind the boys.
"Don't worry Harry we'll find her."
"Hi yah guys."
They all jumped and screamed. Then I joined Harry in the laughing.
"But there was nobody in the theater," said Liam.
"Yes there was. I was there."
"Why did you do that?" Asked Louie.
"Because you came and spied on us." Said Harry.
"Ok that's a good reason," said Zayn.
"Well now if you excuse us, Lillian and I are going out to eat. And don't even think about following us." Said Harry.
He put his arm around my shoulder and we walked out of the movie theaters.
Behind us I heard Louie say,"There such a cute couple."
I looked up at Harry and he smiled.
"So where are we going to go eat this time?" I asked.
"You pick."
"I picked last time."
"Ok. Let's go to.....your moms diner."
"My moms diner?"
"Yeah your mom's diner. I want to meet her officially. Maybe we can help her. You said she was really busy."
"Ok, that's ok with me. Do you remember where it is?"
"Of course I do. That's where we kind of first met."
I smiled and enjoyed the car ride to the diner.
Once we got to the diner and parked I said, "Sorry for anything she says in there. I'm her only child so she might be a little rough."
"It's ok. I can handle it."
I got out of the car and we walked into the diner. There were still a whole bunch of people there and only a few waitresses delivering food. We found my mom at the place where people sit you.
"Lillian. What are you doing here?"
"Well Harry and I decided since that the movie ended earlier than expected we would come help you with the dinner rush."
"Aww thank you, Lil. And you. You must be Harry. Nice to finally meet you, I've heard so much."
"I hope they were good things."
"Uh huh. Now let's get straight to the point. If you break my little Lillian's heart, I myself will murder you, understood?"
"Yes ma'am", he said.
"Your already scared of me. Excellent, but there is no need to call me ma'am. You can call me Daniella."
She held out a hand and they shook hands.
"Ok you two, you came here to help. You guys can work in the kitchen with Hilda. There's only one cook because Berta has is out and food needs to be coming out faster."
She handed us some aprons and she walked us to the Kitchen.
"Tell Hilda that I sent you guys to help her."
We walked in and Harry said,"Your mom seems really nice."
"Thanks."
We found Hilda scrambling around the kitchen.
"I know I know you guys need food, but there is only one chef. So hold your horses."
"Actually we're here to help." I said.
"Oh Lillian its you. Who's this though?"
"This is my boyfriend, Harry." It felt weird to call him my boyfriend.
"Well nice to meet you. No let's get cooking. Who's better at actually cooking?"
"I am," said Harry.
"Well you start cooking some stuff that the people ordered. And Lillian you can start plating some things."
"Ok."
Harry went over to the stove and ripped one of the orders off and started looking at the cook book to see what he needed. I took one to and started plating soups and stuff that were already made.
...
"Wow, if your mom doesn't make Districts Devine Cooking I will be surprised", he said as he took another bite of his sandwich.
"Yeah I know."
"And before I forget we need to take a selfie and give the people what they want."
I laughed and got up and sat next to him on the other side of the booth. He put his phone up in selfie position and we both smiled and took a picture. We took one silly and one where I was kissing his cheek.
After about 14 pictures I said, "I think that's enough." And went back to eating my sandwich.
Then my mom came over.
"Lillian, I need you to go wipe table 5 off and then we can go home."
"I'll come help", offered Harry.
"No you sit. We need to talk."
I got up and grabbed the spray bottle and rag from my moms hand and walked over to table 5. Then I started eavesdropping on their conversation and wiped the table slowly.
"So, Mr. Styles is it?"
"It is."
"Well if your going to be dating my daughter....I approve of it. You seem like a very nice young man."
"Thank you."
"Now let me ask you something. Do you promise to protect my daughter when I'm not around or here? Do you promise not to always be with her through thick and thin? Do you promise you will take care of her?"
"Cross my heart, hope to die."
"Well than we are going to get along just well. Thank you for your help today by the way."
"No problem."
"Well I'm going to take Lillian home since it's almost her curfew any way."
"Ok it was nice to meet you."
"Nice to meet you too."
Then he walked over to me and I pretended to be trying to clean a spot off the table.
"Lillian I know you were listening."
"I don't know what your talking about."
He chuckled a little.
"Sure, well I'm gonna go. Your mom is going to drive you home."
"Ok."
"Oh and here these are for the concert next week."
"Oh yeah. I forgot to tell you. Vanessa isn't coming. She ran into some....issues."
"Ok, well then here's your ticket and VIP pass so you can see me back stage. I got you front row seats."
"Ok, I'll see you next week."
"Bye."
He grabbed his coat and then walked out.
Then I walked over to my mom who was locking the register. I sat on top of the counter.
"So....do you like him?"
"Yep he's a keeper."
"Good well you want me to drive you home. You seem tired."
"That would be nice."
She tossed me the keys and she locked up.
"So did you get into Districts Devine Cooking?"
"I don't know. The critic could have been any one of those customers. It's supposed to be a surprise."
"Oh, well I know you'll make it."
We got in the car and I drove to the house. My mom fell asleep in the car and when we got home I felt so bad waking her up. She looked exhausted.
When we got in I went into my room and she went into hers and I fell asleep almost instantly. It's to bad she'll never get to see her name in the magazine.