Happy Birthday Harry!

LILLIAN: Hey Birthday boy you wanna go out for your birthday
HARRY: Yeah since it looks like the boys don't even remember
LILLIAN: I'll come pick you up in about forty five minutes
HARRY: Ok
I put down my phone and went upstairs to get ready. The truth was, the boys didn't really forget about Harry's birthday. I planned a surprise party and it was my job to get him out of the house so they could get it ready.
I put on some black and white patterned leggings and a plain white shirt. I put on my leather jacket and my gray beanie. I put on my brown leather boots with the heals. I grabbed my keys and coat and went to my car and drove to Harry's.
Once I got there I checked the time. I was exactly here in 45 minutes. I took my keys out of my car and I got out. I started up the cobblestone path to the door.
I knocked and the door flung open to see Louie.
"Hey", he said.
"Hi", I said.
"Why are you here so early?" He asked.
"What do you mean? I told him 45 minutes", I replied.
"I know, but he's still in the shower. How'd you get here in exactly 45 minutes?"
"I don't know.....good time management?"
"Well you might as well come in", he said.
I walked in and took a seat on the stool.
"So, how mad has Harry been?"
"Real mad. He keeps giving us hints about it. It's really funny", he said.
I smiled.
"Remember when I text you carrots you can come home", he said.
"Right." I said.
"So I have a few questions for you. First one.....are you an organized person?" He asked.
"Uhhh....yeah. I think so."
"Have you planned anything? Like parties, trips anything?"
"Uh...yeah. I was on a fundraiser committee last year and I planned this party." I replied.
"And would you say that you would be a good guardian for a ban......I mean children?"
"Yeah. I used to babysit."
"Great."
"Why are you asking this exactly?"
"No reason, no reason at all."
There was a short silence.
"So your coming to district 13 with us?" He said.
"Yeah I think it will be good to get away from this town."
"Right." He said.
There was another short silence.
"So I heard you can draw." Said Louie.
"And I heard you can devour three bags of baby carrots in ten minutes." I told him.
He chuckled and then said, "it's actually seven."
I shaped my mouth into a o shape.
"But seriously that dog that you drew was amazing."
"Thanks. It was ok, I guess."
"No it was amazing. Hey can you draw me a carrot with a my face on it? I've always wondered what I would look like on a carrot." He asked me.
"I'll try."
Then Harry came down the steps with a towel rapped around his waist.
"Lou have you seen my hair gel?"
I started laughing.
"Oh my god Lillian is that you? Why are you here so early?" He covered up his chest area.
"What do you mean? I said 45 minutes."
"No I have not seen your hair gel, Hazza."
I started laughing harder.
"Ok. Thanks for all your help. Some birthday", said Harry.
"What was that?" Said Louie and he put a confused face on.
"Nothing." He replied.
He left the living room mad and mumbling to himself. He went back upstairs leaving a trail of footprints.
I laughed again and turned to Louie.
"See what I mean?" He said.
"Yeah."
"So where you taking him?" He asked me.
"We're going to Papas Tacos."
"He'll love that."
"Yeah."
Harry walked in again, this time in clothes and hair done.
"So you found your hair gel?" Said Louie.
He smiled sarcastically and said,"Come on Lil, let's go."
"Bye Louie." I said as Harry and I walked to the door.
"No please, call me Lou. We'll be living together soon and it just seems appropriate."
"Ok well than you may call me Lil, since we will be living together soon and it just seems appropriate", I mocked.
"Ok bye Lil."
"Bye Lou."
Harry rolled his eyes and pulled me out the door. I smiled and got into the drivers seat of the car. Harry got in the passenger side and buckled in.
"You're not going to kill me right?" He asked.
There was a short silence in which I was thinking about my mom and how she said the exact same words when I was first learning to drive.
"Um....probably not."
"Good."
I started the car and started driving to Papas Tacos.
"So you seemed happy when you were talking to Lou, why?"
"Well now that I know that I'm leaving in 5 months, and going to live with you I'm a little happier then usual", I said.
He smiled. I parked in a parking space and put the car in park. I took the keys and got out. Harry and I held hands and we walked into the Papas Tacos.
"Why don't you go grab a table and I'll order the food." I said.
"Ok."
I watched Harry go pick a table. I went to the counter and ordered a taco salad and two tacos. I payed and grabbed the food. I walked over to Harry who was playing a game on his phone. He put it away when I sat down.
"Here...wait hold on", I said put a candle in his tacos.
He laughed.
"Happy Birthday! You wanna take a picture with your taco?" I said.
"Sure."
I got out my phone and took a picture of him with the taco with the candle. When I was done took the candle out and started eating.
"So what have you and the guys been up to?" I said taking a bite of my food.
"Nothing much. Playing video games mostly."
"That sounds like fun", I said.
"What have you been up to?" He asked.
"Well I just took my mid year test yesterday but nothing much."
"You still drawing?"
"Yeah, I do it a lot. It's like my therapy."
He laughed.
"You want me to draw you something? Lou asked for a carrot with his face on it." I asked him.
"I would if Louie didn't want one." He said.
"Your that mad at them?"
"Lillian you and my family are the only ones that remembered my birthday."
Sure. Keep thinking that.
"Good point."
I took another bit of my salad and Harry took a bite of his taco. I looked around and I saw some flashes. Oh no. Not here. Not now. I still have to stall Harry. I hope he doesn't notice.
Harry turned his head.
"Hey, did you post that picture of you and me when we were at the diner on your Fire account?" I asked and he looked at me.
"Yeah, did you?"
"No. I didn't finish filling in my profile. I have a few more questions left."
"Well you need to so the paparazzi can get off our backs a little. Even though I haven't seen them in a while."
Well your about to. I nervously looked out the window and there were still flashes. Harry turned his head again and I shouted, "hey look at that!"
He turned his head to see what I was pointing at.
"Lil there's nothing there."
"Look closer I swore I saw a picture of a spider man."
"Lil that's a taco."
"Oh." I took another bite of my food and so did Harry. Then I got a text.
LOUIE: Almost done. About fifteen more minutes.
LILLIAN: ok hurry. Paparazzi found us, but Harry hasn't noticed yet
"Lil, we gotta go."
"Why?"
"Paparazzi. Come on."
Great. I guess I spoke to soon.
LILLIAN: Spoke to soon we're leaving
LOUIE: ok stall him some how
LILLIAN: k
I grabbed my coat and put my phone in my pocket and followed Harry out the door. I looked down and ignored the questions.
"Lillian how have you been since your mother died?" Ouch that one hurt. "Are you and Harry in a relationship?" "What are your thoughts on your mothers death?" Why do they bring up my mom.
"Give me the keys", said Harry.
"Uh uh I'm driving birthday boy."
"Technically I'm an adult."
"What ever I'm driving. My car."
I got in the car and started it. I pulled out and started driving somewhere.
"Hey where we going?" I asked.
"Um my house we can hang there and give the boys dirty looks." He said.
"Ok."
I started driving towards his house, but took a left turn instead of a right.
"Hey you were supposed to take a right at the stop sign", he said.
"Oh I was. Silly me", I said and took another wrong turn.
"Lillian you took another wrong turn. Do you remember how to get to my house?"
"Well I drove there to pick you up didn't I?"
I took another wrong turn.
"Lillian do you know where your going?"
"Yes......its a short cut."
"Ok."
Ten minutes later I still didn't get the ok for me to drive home.
"This isn't a very short short cut", said Harry.
"Yeah I must have taken a few wrong turns."
"More like a dozen. Here take left here", he said.
I took a right.
"Your other left", he said and I started laughing.
After that I took the right directions since we were pretty far from his house. Then I got the text carrots.
"Why'd Louie text you carrots?"
"I don't know", I lied and kept driving.
Harry turned on the radio and I think one of the songs they wrote came on because he knew all the words and one of the parts sounded like him.
We got to his house and I parked the car. We both got out and started up the cobblestone path.
Harry got out the keys and opened the door. He walked in and the room was pitch black. He turned on the lights and everyone who came popped out of there hiding place and yelled, "Happy Birthday!" Harry's mouth dropped open and I started laughing.
"You guys didn't really forget my birthday?" He said as the boys and Vanessa started walking over.
"No. We just wanted to give you a surprise party." Said Niall.
"Aww thanks guys." Said Harry.
"Don't thank us. Lillian planned it and got you out of the house." Said Louie.
He turned to me.
"You did this?" Asked Harry.
"Yep. Why do you think I took all those wrong turns?"
He smiled.
"Awe thanks guys." He said.
"No problem now let's get this party started!" Said Zayn.
We joined Perrie, Ali and Eleanor in the living room. We got on some music and played pin the hair on Harry.
We partied all night until around 12 when Vanessa and I went home. I dropped Vanessa off at her house and then I went to mine.
That night I couldn't sleep though. The questions the paparazzi asked me kept playing through my head. How have you been since your mom died. Then I thought about the meeting with Vanessa and Harry. What they said just about coveted it.