Chapter Twenty Five - The New Home Ec Teacher

Start from the beginning

She nodded against my chest and wrapped her arms around me even tighter. I smiled down at her, looking at the clock on the kitchen wall and noticing it was almost twelve.

I probably would have been out later, but I never like to be out too late when Mom isn't home, just in case – For Sasha.

Mom was probably running late at work, or she would have been home by now. My eyes were getting really droopy and I lay my head on top of Rosie's and shut them momentarily, my arms dropping lower on her waist since I couldn't be bothered to hold them up any more...but it wasn't like I was feeling her ass or anything, it just happened to be conveniently placed there for me.

Smiling at my own perverted thoughts, I really wished I could just go to bed, but I didn't exactly want to leave Rosie on her own down here now that I was home.

''JOOOOOSSSH!''

Rosie jumped about a foot in the air and a quiet gasp escaped her lips as she stepped away from me.

It took a second or two in my head for it to register that it was Sasha wailing, but as soon as it did I automatically sprinted towards the staircase.

Taking the steps two at a time I ran into her room to find her sitting up in her bed, her little pink cheeks stained with tears as her eyes became puffy and swollen. She was shaking slightly and hugging her little teddy bear for dear life.

''Sasha what's the matter?'' I asked quietly as I picked her out of her bed and hugged her close to me.

I could feel her tiny frame trembling with fear and it put me on edge to know she was unhappy. What had happened to make her so scared?!

She put her face into the crook of my neck and cried loudly, clinging to me as if her life depended on it.

''Sasha? What is it? What happened?'' I asked again quietly.

Rosie was there too, an extremely worried and panicked expression etched on her face as she stroked Sasha's hair lightly while I rubbed her back and held her tightly.

''I-I had a b-b-b-bad dream!'' she cried.

''Shh, it's okay Sasha I'm here.'' I soothed her, walking out of her room and down the stairs.

I was completely sober now from both the coffee and the panic.

Thank god it was just a dream.

Rosie followed quickly after me as I shifted Sasha's weight onto my left shoulder and headed into the living room to sit down with her.

She wasn't shaking so much now and her cries had turned into quiet whimpers, but she still wasn't happy, so neither was I.

There was nothing remotely playful about my mood now, going into full out big brother mode.

I hated it when Sasha was upset!

I couldn't stand it.

I gently kissed the side of her head as I sat down with her on the sofa and Rosie ran off into the kitchen.

For what? I didn't really care.

''Shh, you're okay.'' I whispered.

She nodded faintly against my neck and her little arms wrapped tighter around me, so I gave her a light squeeze to comfort her.

''You're okay Sasha, don't cry.''

She fell silent in my arms after a minute or two more and I could tell she had stopped crying, but I knew she wasn't asleep.