Treat My Heart Like An Amusement Park

Start from the beginning

Ray&Prince&Roc: YES..

Prod: Oh OK..

Princeton: stupid ass..

Prod: Shut up.. and don't you got work to go to?

Princeton: I still got an hour.

Roc: Ay, can I come?

Princeton: For what?

Roc: I'm thinking bout working there?

Princeton: AYE! That'd be cool.

RayRay: *chuckles* It's not like he gon' talk to you at work, Prince. He juz goin there for that Lexi chick.

Princeton raised an eyebrow at RayRay and then gave that same look to Roc. Roc just shrugged as if he had no idea what RayRay was talking about, and shoved another pretzel in his mouth.

Princeton mimicked Roc's shrug and went back to the game.

Roc sat there, holding his phone, mentally debating whether it would look desprate if he texted Lexi, and decided against it. So, he stuck his phone back in his pocket, and tried to continue watching the game, but she was all he could think about.

 RayRay, using his new found method, clicked those buttons away, and beat the three in that game. He jumped in celebration, and stole some pretzels from Roc. Roc just stared at RayRay, as he went bizarre. He was sure he could beat RayRay. He switched seats with Prod so he could play, and got in, as what he liked to call it, Madden Mode.

He flushed all the thoughts of anything-or anyone- and began playing. Princeton and RayRay watched as Roc scored all the points they could get, faster than you would ever believe.

Obviously, Roc won and his cocky self acted as if it was no big deal. He planted himself back in the seat he was orignially in, and continued to watch the games. He realized about half an hour later, that he wasn't thinking about Lexi, so there was a way to forget about her. Madden 12. And that was his new way to control himself, he decided.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

(back to Lexi's POV)

I came back to work in my red uniform, somewhat confident that Roc would be there. I tried to dress just a little better, so instead of my skinnies and hightops, I wore my short-shorts and new sandals. I wore long feather earrings and lipgloss shined from my lips. Of course, this caught Spencer's attention, but my stupid self, completely forgot about him. The point here was to make sure Spencer began to forget about me, so I could get Roc.

But that would only work if Roc liked me back.

And I was almost sure of it, until that dream.

So I had to make sure that didn't happen.

When I came to work, I found the door wide open.

Dammit.

That meant we were having a big sale.

Huge, this time.

The signs were plastered around everywhere, and the line stretched out the door.

Nearly everyone in town was here,

Except Roc.

I caught Spencer's glance as soon as I squeezed my way past the doors.

Spencer: Lexi, where were you? You're late, and the line is insane!

Me: I'm sorry, you never said we were having a sale, and I'm used to coming about 5 minutes late and--

Spencer: Whatever, just start.