Binding Symptoms

Please note that even if you participated in The Author Games: Literature, it is important to read the rules over as we have made a few changes.

If anyone is unaware of what an Author's Games is or has any questions regarding Author Games: Panemdemic, PM us or comment here and we will do our best to answer.

<><><>

1: Hand in your tasks. They will typically be due 6-10 days after they are posted, which in other games has proven to be a sufficient of time. All entries should be sent to district.panem123(at)gmail.com and CCed to pluto.panem(at)gmail.com. Other method may or may not be accepted depending in the situation(if you do not have an email please notify us, and we'll see what we can do). If you do not hand in two of the assignments, you will be automatically eliminated. Everyone has one 24 hour extension to use at any point in time- just tell us when you are going to use it or else your writing will be marked late. You will receive a negative point for every hour the entry is late, and no points at all if the subtractions cancel out your score.
Developed in The Author Games: Literature, you may split your 24 hours into segments. For example, if you only need three hours to finish your entry, you can use only three hours and still have 21 hours left to use. We hope this system helps you to hand in easier.
Remember, you MUST inform us of any extension you want to use.

<><><>

2: Be nice. We know everyone says this, but it's important not to throw a tantrum if you get a bad score or eliminated. Personal attacks to competitors will not be tolerated. We want fair play around here. To ensure that everyone understands this especially important rule, you must include what symptom you think is the worst to have (ex. headache, coughing, etc.) in the 'Other' section of your form to confirm that you have read these rules thoroughly.

If we do find out about disorderly conduct, you will be eliminated immediately.

<><><>

3: We, the Gamemakers, are not invincible. In fact, we're quite human. If you see a typo or something calculated incorrectly, please point it out politely. Additionally, for both our sanity and yours, please do not constantly pester us about when the scores or next task is going to be posted. We have lives, and post everything as soon as we possibly can.

<><><>

4: No recycled tributes. We had a great number of these in The Author Games: Literature, and it was quite disappointing to see them across a great number of other games in addition to ours. If we recognize anything about your tribute from a different games, they will not be accepted. And really, recycled characters just defeat the whole purpose of developing a character, being able to put them in a situation, and really overall strengthening you as a writer.

<><><>

5: Vote for writing, not friends. We understand the desire to vote for people you know personally and have even succumbed to it ourselves a few times, but it's very important to resist. We want this to be as fair as possible, and although we on Panem_ have not experienced it directly in our games yet(probably due to the fact that we've only had voting twice?), we've noticed a number of instances surrounding AGs. Therefore, we ask to judge writing and not friendship.

<><><>

6: Have fun, but try your best. We want you all to enjoy this, but we are going to be scoring your work, so put some effort into it! It's not fun to read bad writing, and it's not fun to receive bad scores in response.

<><><>

Again, a reminder that reservations will be posted on September 16th, 21:00 EST. Feel free to ask if you have any difficulties with time zone conversions- we're always happy to help.