;31

;harry

"baby boy, wakey wakey." the familiar, soothing voice coos from outside the tent.

i sigh, sitting up and stretching as my eyes flutter open, the sound of rain hitting the tarp and something sizzling in a pan makes my brain feel more awake.

"good morning." i mutter from my spot, hearing a small giggle back.

"more like afternoon, sweetie pie." he murmurs lowly, causing me to gasp.

"callum, my pills!" i squeak, sitting up quickly, causing a headrush.

i reach over, my heart pounding against my chest. i never missed my pills, even though it was for anxiety.. this was exactly why.

i fumble with the pocket, grabbing the bottle of tablets, twisting it open with shaky hands. i dump two pills into the palm of my hand, throwing them into my mouth and swallowing immediately.

the tent door slowly zips open, revealing a blank faced callum. his lips were cracked and peeling slightly, his face bare pale. it was worrying, causing my movements to halt.

"callum... are you alright?" i murmur, and he nods, swallowing heavily.

he slips off his shoes, creeping closer towards me. there was an eerie silence in our site, no birds chirping, just the sound of something sizzling in a pan.

"cal.. you're worrying me." i whisper, cowering into the back corner as he moves his shaky frame onto the bed.

his eyes barely blinked, creating a glossy form over them. his lip had the smallest wobble, which made my heart stop.

"h-harry, there's a r-reason i didn't wake you." he chokes out, laying down slowly onto the slightly flat air mattress.

"callum.. what the fuck is happening, you are scaring me." i admit strongly, shaking my head slightly.

don't cry.

"i.. i need you to understand, and i need you to listen." he begins, sitting up, though he looked quite unstable.

"what is happening?!" i panic, and he shushes me, reaching forward and grabbing my hand, pulling me towards him.

i quickly deny the touches, shaking my hand out of his. i didn't want to feel anything, i didn't like not knowing. i needed to know.

"harry, please." he chokes, a tear falling quickly down his cheek.

i sit there, pulling my unstable lips between my teeth, biting my cheek to stop me from crying.

i didn't like seeing him like this. slightly hollowed in cheeks, dark rings around his eyes, despite the amount of sleep we were getting, and tears streaming down his cheeks.

"tell me what is going on, callum." i demand firmly, though he screws his eyes shut, a sob escaping from his open lips.

he goes to speak, but sobs cut him off. he pulls his knees into his chest, rocking back and forth ever so slightly. i couldn't not cry at the sight- he was breaking into a thousand pieces right in front of me.

"h-harry.. i'm sick."

was all he had to say, before me, myself, broke into a thousand pieces, and everything i ever knew shattered beneath my feet.

//
sad chapter, written by a sad human. -nicole xx