;27

;harry

something wasn't right.

he was tired constantly, but he never said anything.

he was getting thinner, but he always ate.

i purse my lips as i stare at the boy, before bowing my head and staring at my hands in my lap.

i don't say anything.

//

"harry, grabs the beans would you?" callum yells from the picnic table, so i groan, standing from the cozy air mattress and walking towards the door.

i unzip it, walking out of it after slipping on my sandals. i trudge towards the car, opening up the boot and reaching into the food bin, pulling out some beans.

"close you eyes!" he squeaks, causing me to gasp in fear.

"what? why?" i call back, and he chuckles.

"i want this to be special, i did something. don't open your eyes." he explains, and i release a shaky breath.

"what if i trip and fall into the fire?" i ask, and he scoffs.

"bog, the fire is on the other side of the campsite. walk towards my voice." he giggles, so i smile.

"come on, that's it... you're almost there." he guides me, before i feel my feet hit the bench on the table.

"just set it down there." he mutters, so i do.

then i just stood there.

"what now?" i ask, lost and confused, before he bursts out laughing.

"you are the cutest fucking thing." he murmurs, before i feel his lips press to mine.

i don't waste time to melt into the kiss, our lips mending together as his hands snake around my waist, pulling me closer.

i wrap my arms around his neck, my fingers toying with the hair on the nape of his neck.

all too soon, he pulls away at the sound of water hitting flame.

"fucking hell." he bounces back around the table, picking up his spoon and stirring the mysterious food.

i gasp.

he set up fairy lights all over the campground, dangling from our tarp and our tent. there was a tablecloth with a daisy pattern wrapped around the table, our dishes and cutlery all set up.

"callum..." i trail off, losing myself in the scene.

"god, i didn't want you to see this yet. i wanted to surprise you and make you happy." he pouts, looking towards me with genuinely sad eyes.

"callum, you don't... you don't understand how happy this is making me." i breathe, an overwhelming smile covering my lips.

he lets out a staggered breath, before i run towards him, wrapping my arms around his waist. he holds me tight, his arms squeezing us close.

"what did i ever do to deserve you?"

//
shorter chapter, but the next one is a continuation. -nicole xx