;16

;harry

we began driving the main highway running through canada.

it truly was beautiful.

we arrived in hope, deciding to get some food.

"have you ever tried dairy queen?" callum asks, sunglasses adorning his strong nose as the wind blew his hair in all directions.

he looked amazing.

i shake my head, and he smirks.

"lets get some take out then." he cheers, pulling into the lot with high speed, causing my body to turn with the car and a laugh to burst from my mouth.

he rounds the corner, and i scan the menu, settling on chicken strips, plum sauce, a pepsi and a chocolate sundae. callum got a burger, a pepsi, and an oreo blizzard.

we pay, pulling ahead to the next window.

the kind lady smiles, handing us our bag, along with our drinks, my sundae and a giant cup.

"enjoy." she smiles, and callum thanks her, driving off.

"um.." i trail off, observing the large, icy cold cup in my hand, before looking towards callum with a shocked look.

"what's wrong?" he asks, furrowing his eyebrows and pulling into a parking spot.

"this is your blizzard i think." i chuckle, handing it to him.

"fuck, i don't think i can eat all of this." he gapes, opening the lid.

"you're going to be hurting tonight." i chuckle.

we ate our food, which happened to be delicious, and began to drove off, our ice cream the only thing we were snacking on.

being mid-july, it was quite warm. the windows were down, our arms hanging out them as we drove under the star-spotted sky.

i was in awe with the stars as we drove down the deserted highway at ten pm.

there were millions, and the sky wasn't even fully dark. the highway was no longer surrounded by green mountains, more desert-like rolling hills. we were in merrit.

"we're staying at nicola valley." callum shouts over the blasting music.

i nod, laughing ever so slightly.

i felt so free.

//

"damnit harry!" callum shouts playfully as i see the tent slowly collapse.

"no!" i shriek, a smile dancing on my lips as i grab the leg of the tent.

i press it stably to the ground, feeling better once i nailed it down.

"fucking hell." callum breathes, walking around the edge of the tent to meet me.

"that was a thrill ride." i laugh, and he smiles a toothy grin, approach me.

"c'mon, i booked this campsite for a reason." he grabs my hand, tugging me along lightly.

it was eleven pm.

the edge of our campsite fell down into a cliff, which led to the lake.

the view was breathtaking, the rolling mountains behind the glistening, deep blue lake.

"look up." callum rasps in my ear, his arms snaking around my waist as his chin rests on my shoulder.

i look up, gasping.

millions upon millions of stars, all fighting for the spotlight.

"they're so bright. look, they light up the sky so magnificently." i gasp, and callum chuckles, kissing my cheek.

"yeah, they're bright, but you light up my life, harry. i can only see you." he whispers, and i turn around in his arms.

i face the boy who has managed to make me feel. he has sparked something in me that i didn't know existed.

so that's why i slowly lent in, my hands cupping his cheeks as our lips met in the middle under the starlit sky.

//
IM NOT CRYING !!1!!!11!! -nicole xx